Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 346083 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1455 on: November 22, 2015, 01:21:11 pm »

"Perhaps we could have the warbeast begin clearing some of the rubble?"

- I suppose we could dig into those ruins if we found some temptingly locked doors with something like "Armory" or "Warehouse" written over them...

Such thing might be a trap though.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1456 on: November 23, 2015, 11:03:23 am »

Stand by...work being done in the background.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1457 on: November 24, 2015, 10:30:28 am »

How are you guys low on food? Didn't you get a big ass supply from the Lupine?

Was there a victory feast somewhere between those posts I wasn't invited to?

((Why my first thought after reading description was "That's too nice, everything must be secretly poisoned or something is lying in wait and wants to catch us off guard".))

- Obvious question: are we calling it a day and getting some sleep or should we investigate that stuff over there? Your call, people.

Inuire if Engine Spirit recalls this place. Probably not, since it doesn't look like much, but they don't charge money for asking here. Take the driver's seat of Warbeast for better view, make it walk slowly towards the glowy ruins.
He has not.

You drag yourself up onto the chair and wait.

"I am also eager to get functioning arms and by my reckoning that place is the most likely place here to have replacements."

Speaking of which, try shooting fire again. Only this time try to breathe it! Focus with all my mind and belief that I am capable of shooting flames out of my mouth as scalding as the insults I dish out!

Actually hold on a tic, fire, while mesmerizing and intoxicating and delicious, isn't the key to solving some/all of my problems depending on how far I'm able to abuse it. Xan speaks of of course the infinitely stretchable power of telekinesis! Focus on a small object that's fairly light - a stray pebble or something like that. Make it lift off the platform without touching it. Believe as hard as I can that it's going to lift!

[2]
Nah.

"Looks nice, if a bit flat. Maybe this one doesn't want to eat us. But wait, good chaps, I shall fly and take a look. If I do not return, assume that the place wants us dead."

Reconnaissance! Fly toward the stony ruins and get some visual info from closer up. Return with scouting information once I feel satisfied with my fine work.
You fly  over toward the stones. On closer inspection they appear to be ruins; fallen stone pillars and walls that appear to have each been carved out of a single unbroken slab or rock. They're quite moss covered and overgrown with vegetation, clearly long abandoned. Hard to tell if they're native to this heaven or if they were the product of some intelligent species which once inhabited the area.  The light is coming from a small fire built atop a fallen slab of stone. There are three figures standing around it. You can't make out what they look like in any detail from the height of your flight, but they appear to be looking out toward the war beast, no doubt straining their vision against the dark and trying to see what exactly is making all that noise

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 24, 2015, 10:50:40 am »

Return triumphantly!

"Right, lads, looks like there's three strangers grouped around a small fire in the middle of some ancient, long-abandoned ruins - that is, abandoned long enough to be mossy and very authentic-looking. They could be fake, however. Visible dangers are minimal, so I suggest we remain on high alert for bloody horrors from untold nethers."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 24, 2015, 10:59:56 am »

Was there a victory feast somewhere between those posts I wasn't invited to?\

((Not that I'm aware of. Xankarvo is just delusional on that matter.))

Return triumphantly!

"Right, lads, looks like there's three strangers grouped around a small fire in the middle of some ancient, long-abandoned ruins - that is, abandoned long enough to be mossy and very authentic-looking. They could be fake, however. Visible dangers are minimal, so I suggest we remain on high alert for bloody horrors from untold nethers."

- Alright. Thank you, Mr. Bird. Hyenakles, keep weapons on display, look threatening, you're our muscles now, I guess. Should they express aggression, I'll try to make Warbeast squash them first, if they evade, open fire. Xan, if you won't feel the overwhelming urge to interrupt, I'd appreciate if you would leave the talking to me this time.

Chamber a round into the rifle and keep it loaded on my lap while I'm in the chair. Make Warbeast approach the strangers in a calm manner, take a good look on them when they are in sight. If they won't be aggresive, or would want to talk, make the warbeast crouch or something, lower it's body so we could get off it easily.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:27:03 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 24, 2015, 02:07:30 pm »

((Yeah, Xankarvo and I forgot entirely about that.))

Xankarvo continues staring at the pebble and responds distractedly.

"I'll leave the talking to you, yes. Got something better to do."

Settle in for the long haul, 'cause I'm lifting this pebble with my mind one way or the other. Now lift! Lift! Hnnnnnnnnnng!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1461 on: November 25, 2015, 10:09:35 am »

Return triumphantly!

You return and tell the tale of the time you saw three guys.

It is a short tale, but it holds a valuable moral message.

Was there a victory feast somewhere between those posts I wasn't invited to?\

((Not that I'm aware of. Xankarvo is just delusional on that matter.))

Return triumphantly!

- Alright. Thank you, Mr. Bird. Hyenakles, keep weapons on display, look threatening, you're our muscles now, I guess. Should they express aggression, I'll try to make Warbeast squash them first, if they evade, open fire. Xan, if you won't feel the overwhelming urge to interrupt, I'd appreciate if you would leave the talking to me this time.

Chamber a round into the rifle and keep it loaded on my lap while I'm in the chair. Make Warbeast approach the strangers in a calm manner, take a good look on them when they are in sight. If they won't be aggresive, or would want to talk, make the warbeast crouch or something, lower it's body so we could get off it easily.
You lay the loaded rifle across your lap and tell the engine spirit to direct the warbeast towards the ruins. You attempt to throw in some captain-ish talk to make yourself seem more fitting of the position. You give up on that after flubbing for a few moments with which side is starboard.

((Yeah, Xankarvo and I forgot entirely about that.))

Xankarvo continues staring at the pebble and responds distractedly.

"I'll leave the talking to you, yes. Got something better to do."

Settle in for the long haul, 'cause I'm lifting this pebble with my mind one way or the other. Now lift! Lift! Hnnnnnnnnnng!

[2]

Nope.

Alright, those three men next in line of the waitlist, you're up. You're the three guys around the fire. From your position, you don't see anything but you definitely hear it coming.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 25, 2015, 11:14:03 am »

Next three people being Toaster, fillipk and Wolfkit. In case people don't know.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 25, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »

Brandish my deer shank in one hand, and the rifle in the other. Glare intently at the shapes on the pillar.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 25, 2015, 12:29:43 pm »

Dave looked up from the grass he was munching and peered out into the gloom.  "The hell is that?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 25, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »

"NNNNNNNNG"

LIFT DAMN YOU
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 25, 2015, 01:38:46 pm »

Spread wings in awesome pose as we get closer. If they can't see me, it will be by no fault of mine.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 25, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »

John looks down from his command chair at what appears to be a... small triceratops?

- The hell is that? HEY! ANY OF YOU DOWN THERE SPEAK THIS TONGUE I'M YELLING IN?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:44:25 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 25, 2015, 04:04:35 pm »

Rocky rolled around in response to the yelling, so that his mouth faced up "I mighty sure do man, now what is all this yelling for?" to the other 2 souls seated around the camp fire, "Do any of you see the need for him to be yelling?"
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 25, 2015, 04:51:43 pm »

- I'm about five stories above you, I figured you could have had trouble hearing me. You're probably wondering about the thumping. You know the sound of something pounding the earth real hard every so often? Well this is Warbeast, it is five stories tall armored murder machine me and a couple of other dudes use as an RV, and we were coming through, checking in on you guys out of curiosity. Soooo how y'all doing tonight?
Also, I'm John, and who am I speaking to right now? I'm pretty sure there are two creatures down there and a heap of rocks near the ruins?

Guess our scout goofed up a little with three persons by the fire thing.

((Rocking some racism right there. Geddit? Eh? Eh? Oh nevermind.))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:23:31 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 241