Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 346274 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2015, 12:31:54 am »

"...adventure awaits!"

JEEP GO TIME NOW

Once we're on the road, pop in a cassette and pass off the pamphlets to the least stupid looking person who isn't currently driving.

Fall into the car. I don't know how. Just find a way to fall into it. Preferably from three seconds prior. Don't ask me how.
Let's go, let's go, someone else drive, I'm bad at it.

Get in the jeep and contemplate my future divinity.
"Time to go, let's get out of here, vąmanos, all aboard the get the hell out of dodge express!"

Get into the drivers seat. Take a glance at a pamphlet and head towards the first thing I see on it. After we get a decent distance away, pull over and look at the pamphlet closer for land marks or roads to another plane/hell/heaven/whatever.
Get in the jeep. Let's get this murder wagon rolling.
Shawn takes the wheel while Golgon gets shotgun, putting the box of cassettes on his lap. Tarmac, Ken and Xankarvo (Here after called Xan), all jump in the back, cramming themselves up on the jeep's back, bench style seat. Shawn pops the jeep in reverse and drives backwards, straight over the curb, through the hotel's decorative bushes and out onto the road. He slams the shifter into drive and the jeep's tires squeal for a moment before it lurches forward and down the road.  Golgon, who has been intently rummaging through the box, finally chooses one that looks good and carefully fits it into the tape deck. There's a short section of static and silence before the music starts playing.

The music now chosen, Golgon begins flipping through pamphlets.

"Anything good?" Shawn asks, glancing over for a half second before looking back at the road.

"Uh, something called the wall of teeth."

"Whats that?"

"Dunno. Pamphlet just says "Come visit the amazing wall of teeth". Nothing else. Not even a picture of it. Has a map though."

He holds the pamphlet so Shawn can see it.

"Sodomy lake?"

Golgon shrugs.  "They don't say anything about it in here."

"Well, we're heading in the right direction for all that junk. Any opinions?"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2015, 01:06:16 am »

"Unless anyone objects, we're going towards the wall of teeth and taking the historic route."

Go towards the wall of teeth and take the historic route, unless people object.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2015, 01:08:41 am »

Might as well. For all we know, there'll be something valuable in the wall itself. Or we might just learn from the experience.

Observe the countryside as we go to wherever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2015, 01:22:07 am »

"Can we like.. Drive the car.. Through the wall?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2015, 01:44:57 am »

That would require the wall to be metaphorical, ignoramus.
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2015, 05:10:44 am »

"Or frail."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2015, 10:40:48 am »

"Unless anyone objects, we're going towards the wall of teeth and taking the historic route."

Go towards the wall of teeth and take the historic route, unless people object.
Might as well. For all we know, there'll be something valuable in the wall itself. Or we might just learn from the experience.

Observe the countryside as we go to wherever.
Shawn follows the road until he comes to the fork marked "Historic route". Historic in this case meaning an unpaved road constructed out of evenly spaced tusks or bones laid like train tracks across the eyeballs. The jeep drives slowly, using the tusks to keep traction and not sink into the "sand". The "sand" looks vaguely like your standard white sand from a distance, but up close the nature of it's eyeball composition becomes much more obvious, and it has the consistency of wet porridge. Aqueous Humor coats the tires and the bottom of the jeep as it grids along, and the air takes on a salty, saline smell. Eventually, as the flaming fetal sun rises near the apex of the reddish sky, they make it to the wall of teeth.

It's less a wall, and more of just a giant pile of teeth. It's a good 10 feet tall, made out of a wide assortment of different teeth of varying kinds and sizes. There's even a few horns in there, or what look like horns. There's a small metal sign or placard near the bottom of the pile, but the text on it is illegible from a distance.  Shawn parks the jeep near the pile. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2015, 01:54:33 pm »

Huh. I wonder what that sign says.
Do any of us have rope? Or a rope-like material?
Sig! Onol

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2015, 02:18:17 pm »

Name: Bec
Soul: Becquerel
Incarnation: GCat
What You're good at: Teleporting, being a good dog! (the good dog is me!)
What you're bad at: Not getting mind controlled by psychic wimpy peasants.
Your Hopes: Chase the cats! Haz yums! Find Jade! Get belly rubs!
Your Fears: Bluh Bluh huge fish, glowing frogs.
What you need to survive: Meat and/or radioactive materials. (I assume that they have similar diets. Plus even if they don't Bec's a big ol' dummy dumb and wouldn't realize it.)
What's in your pockets: Couch

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2015, 02:59:11 pm »

"Ah this is...hmm. I'm not sure what I was expecting really. I don't think this is a good path to follow. Wanna poke around here a bit and then get back on the main road?"

Look around the pile o' teeth. Read what the sign says. If no one objects, get back into the Jeep and head towards Slencville or whatever the name of the town is.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2015, 04:28:47 pm »

"Ah this is...hmm. I'm not sure what I was expecting really. I don't think this is a good path to follow. Wanna poke around here a bit and then get back on the main road?"

Look around the pile o' teeth. Read what the sign says. If no one objects, get back into the Jeep and head towards Slencville or whatever the name of the town is.
Shawn gets out of the car and walks over to the metal sign near the giant pile of teeth. He squats down and reads it while Golgon rifles through the other pamphlets.

"Hey man," Golgon yells, tossing pamphlets over his shoulder one by one, "These are all pamphlets to different places, right? But they all have the same map on the back, just with the wall of teeth labeled something else. Weird eh?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2015, 04:36:56 pm »

((I smell free spots opening in this party all  the way from here))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2015, 04:38:06 pm »

((Thank the literal tourist traps :) ))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2015, 05:05:23 pm »

((Hmm. So, I have an idea. Shawn's a skeleton that works by replacing his bits right? I wonder if I can use this pike o'   bones to build a new body. Also, if we survive this, I'm getting post-it notes and a sharpie so I can have angry eyebrows at Golgon))

"...WHY DIDN'T YOU READ THOSE OTHER PAMPLETS?!?"

Bad idea time! Dive into the pile o' bones and teeth and start building a new body! Aim for matching bits and something intimidating, if possible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2015, 05:27:25 pm »

((Hmm. So, I have an idea. Shawn's a skeleton that works by replacing his bits right? I wonder if I can use this pike o'   bones to build a new body. Also, if we survive this, I'm getting post-it notes and a sharpie so I can have angry eyebrows at Golgon))

"...WHY DIDN'T YOU READ THOSE OTHER PAMPLETS?!?"

Bad idea time! Dive into the pile o' bones and teeth and start building a new body! Aim for matching bits and something intimidating, if possible.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 241