- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86763 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Game Full, Waitlist Open!
« Reply #930 on: June 18, 2015, 09:09:27 am »

b-baka
n-not like I l-l-like you or anything, b-b-baka! but i would like to confess my undying love for you
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 18, 2015, 09:10:25 am »

Y-yeah, s-scumbag. I-It's not like...I-I care what you think, o-or anything. I-idiot.....

Also, I'm curious. Does this AU have crossbows?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:16 am »

Good god, I hope not.
That would make things far too easy.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 18, 2015, 09:12:53 am »

Would it? I seem to recall they take years to reload, and primarily are better for piercing armor, which not many mooks or bosses wear anyway.

If anything, it'd be better in the hands of Laughing Coffin or PK guilds.

Also, it'd be hilarious to wheel a giant ballista to late game bosses and fire. :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 18, 2015, 09:14:30 am »

Yeah, a weapon that takes longer to load then a bow, that is heavier than a bow, and has static damage scaling SURE WOULD MAKE THINGS TOO EASY
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 18, 2015, 09:18:00 am »

It's also infinitely easier to fire.
The entire goddamn reason SAO was so difficult was because you had to get up close and personal, and be somewhat decent at said close combat, to survive a battle.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 18, 2015, 09:19:37 am »

You fire, get one shot off. The guy runs up to you and kills you in the time it takes you to reload that thing; faster if you take into account default skills like Cleave, or unique skills like Backstab.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 18, 2015, 09:23:17 am »

...that assumes you're on your own though. I was talking more along the lines of, say, Boss battles.
Edit: Also, IIRC, Black Cats of the Full Moon were fighting one or 2 monsters as a team in the one episode, when they as a guild have 5-6 members. So, y'know. Unless you're stupid enough to use it as a solo player, that won't happen.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:27:09 am by BlitzDungeoneer »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 18, 2015, 09:24:13 am »

That also assumes Bosses don't have range to match yours. Most likely, if we have bows, so do they.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 18, 2015, 09:32:31 am »

Also, crossbows (and bows, by extension) most likely weren't included in SAO is because 1. Sword Art Online and 2. You get one arrow/bolt off? Good job! Now, by the time you've got another one nocked/loaded or opened the menu to switch to your close-range weapon, the enemy has their sword in your throat.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 18, 2015, 09:33:53 am »

Hence why you use your close-range weapon in duels, and your long-range weapon when you know your tanks are there to save your ass.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 18, 2015, 09:34:18 am »

And, again, if you're stupid enough to use the crossbow while solo, you goddamn well deserve it.  That's the entire point of teammates, switching, etc...
Hence why you use your close-range weapon in duels, and your long-range weapon when you know your tanks are there to save your ass.
This.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:55 am »

Well, another WMG is that the LN/anime never mentioned bows or ranged weapons is because Sooper Solo Master Kidito never used ranged weapons, because as dumb as he was soloing everything he did have some common sense. And the Dual Blades skill.
People used them, but he never saw any of the 10,000 people that happened to have the x Ranged Weapon skill, maybe.
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 18, 2015, 09:48:40 am »

...you'd think that would be kinda impossible. He'd have seen them during boss fights, at least, surely?
'sides, it's not that there were no ranged weapons, just that they were pretty useless. You know, throwing picks.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 18, 2015, 09:50:18 am »

Well, another WMG is that the LN/anime never mentioned bows or ranged weapons is because Sooper Solo Master Kidito never used ranged weapons, because as dumb as he was soloing everything he did have some common sense. And the Dual Blades skill.
People used them, but he never saw any of the 10,000 people that happened to have the x Ranged Weapon skill, maybe.
Agreeable, but then why didn't, say, Sachi or anyone else in a guild use a bow? The former outright wanted a spear to make sure she stayed away as far as possible from the fight.

...you'd think that would be kinda impossible. He'd have seen them during boss fights, at least, surely?
'sides, it's not that there were no ranged weapons, just that they were pretty useless. You know, throwing picks.
Also this, but this is AU. :P
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 92