- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86810 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC and Interest Check
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2015, 10:51:45 am »

It showed up quite a bit, as I recall.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2015, 10:54:59 am »

IIRC it didn't stop being a thing even when Kiriririririto went full Gary Stu with his speshul snowflake powers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2015, 10:55:46 am »

Dunno, mostly I just remember them attacking the same targets but in a mass rather then switching in and out.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2015, 11:09:09 am »

That could also be used to supplement Shiina's Sword Skill; she could switch into an enemy blow to activate her Tower Stance and save an ally from dying. :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2015, 11:17:51 am »

Admittedly, it's less pressing if Twin isn't going to use the mechanic where Sword Arts briefly self-stun after you use them. That's one of the reasons why Switching was important, it stopped mobs and bosses from pasting your buddy after they used a Sword Art on them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2015, 11:51:58 am »

Edited my character basically back to original stats, with a few changes.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2015, 02:27:33 pm »

Twin: Have you thought any about this:

Use the d100 percentile roll as a multiplier. Multiply whatever base stat is being used by the die roll taken as a percentage, and turn chance to hit into opposed rolls. Here's an example:

Player 1 has 120 AGI with no bonuses to dodge. Monster 1 has 95 DEX and a weapon with +25 Hit. Monster 1 has a base to-hit of 120, Player 1 matches that. Player 1 rolls 34, Monster 1 rolls 56. Player 1's effective AGI for the attack is 1.34 * 120 = 160.8 = 161. Monster 1's effective to-hit for the attack is 1.56 * 120 = 187.2 =187. The monster hits successfully, and you proceed to roll damage and check it vs. the player's resistance and health.

Eh, maybe it's complicated, and maybe there's a problem I didn't spot.

'cause the d100 as a flat addition to the relevant stat is going to work, but only for a little while, unless you're capping ability scores at 100 (which is sort of silly, because everyone would max out their two or three main stats fairly early on, and would also leave you nowhere to go with monster and equipment scaling).

Unrelated: How are you going to manage Switching? It was pretty damned core to SAO's combat, arguably even more so than Sword Arts.

e: Also, I'm down for a playtest this afternoon.
I actually think that might be much fairer. Anyone else have an opinion before I decide to switch it?

Lol yup that works then im doing a mix of tank and a few supporting effects to make enemies easier to hit or make them less accurate.

Twin how will loot work? Individual loot for each person or joint loot for us to distribute amongst the group?
EXP and Money are going to be split evenly between party members. Loot items will go to individuals, but they may choose to give them to others.

Admittedly, it's less pressing if Twin isn't going to use the mechanic where Sword Arts briefly self-stun after you use them. That's one of the reasons why Switching was important, it stopped mobs and bosses from pasting your buddy after they used a Sword Art on them.
Sword Skills will have you frozen for 1 turn, to stop them from being used every single turn. Switching will be allowed, and let you swap spots with anyone within 3 spaces (2 spaces diagonal).

Also, making a map. RPG Maker VX Ace Lite has a limit on sprites, so I may have to figure out something else to represent players and monsters...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2015, 02:29:30 pm »

So everyone will get loot from each fight? Or just the person who lands the killing blow or what?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2015, 02:30:21 pm »

Wait, wait. I'm curious.

Who got in, or, assuming we're going by the popular vote, is there less than ten applicants?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2015, 02:31:16 pm »

I suppose I'll have to edit my sword skill now that we've vetoed non-potion healing?
*cough*
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2015, 02:32:55 pm »

So everyone will get loot from each fight? Or just the person who lands the killing blow or what?
Apart from the Last Attack Bonus Item on bosses which are self-explanatory, luck will be rolled on everyone whenever an enemy is killed and that will be used to say who gets loot.

Wait, wait. I'm curious.

Who got in, or, assuming we're going by the popular vote, is there less than ten applicants?
Haven't decided yet. Going to do that now, and we're going with 12 players if there are 12 applicants.

I suppose I'll have to edit my sword skill now that we've vetoed non-potion healing?
*cough*
No, I more vetoed it for the taking more than one turn than the healing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »

Is there a way to make Healing Shiv workable, then?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2015, 02:34:25 pm »

Ouch, well I'm not getting any loot then.
Caine's law.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2015, 02:35:34 pm »

Neither is Shiina, but then again, I'd assume at least half the gear is probably only equipable by the likes of her and Bradley anyway.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2015, 02:37:03 pm »

Ifeex ain't getting any loot as well.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92