- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86808 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC and Interest Check
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2015, 06:57:27 am »

I'm imagining you blocking hits at me lol. Unless they're swinging for my knees your gonna need a hell of a jump lol I'm twice your size.

Did you watch bleach?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2015, 06:58:53 am »

bleach
BLEACH
BL-
Yes. The anime's pretty meh. Don't mind the manga.

Also, the solution to that would be platform shoes.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2015, 07:00:42 am »

Probably gonna rename that skill, too, Sacrifice sounds a little... Bland, I guess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still working on it, but eh. Only got a sword skill to work out.
Edited the sword skill a bit. Is that any better?
Definitely the absolute last edit(but not really).
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2015, 07:01:52 am »

One day somebody's going to make some random manga-based character and it's going to be accepted, until late in the game someone caught the reference.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2015, 07:02:31 am »

Remember the captain with the little girl lieutenant riding on his back? That's us lol.

But I have a great idea for a combo sword skill ;p. If an ally other side of the room is gonna be hit I'll toss your midget ass across the room to block the attack.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2015, 07:04:38 am »

Bradley/Shiina confirmed.

One day somebody's going to make some random manga-based character and it's going to be accepted, until late in the game someone caught the reference.
You mean, non-SAO, right? Shiina and Tzuboi are basically a braver Sachi and a cuter Klein. :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2015, 07:09:05 am »

Bradley/Shiina would probably be a bit awkward...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2015, 07:11:47 am »

Depends. If anyone can find Sachi's canon height, Shiina's about two inches taller than that.

Although that's still probably awkward. :P

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2015, 07:13:32 am »

Hey are you doing pure tank or tank/ something else?
Caine's law.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2015, 07:14:05 am »

Pure tank, for the irony.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2015, 07:15:56 am »

Lol yup that works then im doing a mix of tank and a few supporting effects to make enemies easier to hit or make them less accurate.

Twin how will loot work? Individual loot for each person or joint loot for us to distribute amongst the group?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:34:49 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2015, 09:35:12 am »

I suppose I'll have to edit my sword skill now that we've vetoed non-potion healing?
thincake

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2015, 09:37:17 am »

I think it was specific to his skill of stabbing himself then someone else to heal them. But probably best to check just in case.
Caine's law.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2015, 10:40:39 am »

Twin: Have you thought any about this:

Use the d100 percentile roll as a multiplier. Multiply whatever base stat is being used by the die roll taken as a percentage, and turn chance to hit into opposed rolls. Here's an example:

Player 1 has 120 AGI with no bonuses to dodge. Monster 1 has 95 DEX and a weapon with +25 Hit. Monster 1 has a base to-hit of 120, Player 1 matches that. Player 1 rolls 34, Monster 1 rolls 56. Player 1's effective AGI for the attack is 1.34 * 120 = 160.8 = 161. Monster 1's effective to-hit for the attack is 1.56 * 120 = 187.2 =187. The monster hits successfully, and you proceed to roll damage and check it vs. the player's resistance and health.

Eh, maybe it's complicated, and maybe there's a problem I didn't spot.

'cause the d100 as a flat addition to the relevant stat is going to work, but only for a little while, unless you're capping ability scores at 100 (which is sort of silly, because everyone would max out their two or three main stats fairly early on, and would also leave you nowhere to go with monster and equipment scaling).

Unrelated: How are you going to manage Switching? It was pretty damned core to SAO's combat, arguably even more so than Sword Arts.

e: Also, I'm down for a playtest this afternoon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2015, 10:45:21 am »

Was it? In the anime I don't remember it showing up much after the first boss battle other then with Kirito and Asuna
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92