- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86637 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC and Interest Check
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 05:03:31 pm »

Yeah, it said 2h with it though so just wanted to be sure. But in essence, stabbing weapons are dexterity and swinging weapons are strength for 1h while all 2h weapons are strength.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2015, 05:05:03 pm »

Yeah, it said 2h with it though so just wanted to be sure. But in essence, stabbing weapons are dexterity and swinging weapons are strength for 1h while all 2h weapons are strength.

Except one-handed swords, which use dex despite having both slash and thrust attacks.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 05:05:20 pm »

Bows, staves, and some spears are 2 handed and are still dexterity.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 05:05:32 pm »

I may change the personality later if I come up with something better.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 05:06:12 pm »

Kk, got it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2015, 05:07:45 pm »

Oh, as for when I choose players: I will be selecting players either Monday afternoon (United States EST) or Tuesday afternoon.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2015, 06:02:58 pm »

Added stats for currently available weapons to the 3rd post, if anyone wants to look.
Sigtext!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2015, 06:05:41 pm »

I'm really gonna struggle to hit anything. But when I do it's going to HURT.
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2015, 06:21:55 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet son (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:56:23 pm by kj1225 »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 06:25:54 pm »

[spoiler=Combat]
Rolls are done on a 100 sided die.

Combat take place on a gridded map. Players will always take up 1 space. Most enemies will do the same, but some are bigger. Enemies will usually appear in the tower in each floor. When within range of an enemy, they may attack with their weapon, or use a Sword Skill. Sword Skills have a cooldown time, varying per skill. Damage is Weapon Damage + Weapon Stat - Enemy Resistance. Hit chance is Dexterity + Weapon Hit x 3 - Enemy Evasion. Move is half your Agility, rounded up.

Maps will be made using screenshots in RPG Maker, if nobody has any better ideas.

I'm really gonna struggle to hit anything. But when I do it's going to HURT.

If you're trying to do damage, STR weapons are kinda pointless, because of the above system.

Basically, a STR build like you have is paradoxically terrible at DPS because, like you said, you just can't hit.

Now, look at a dexfighter like I built.

With Dex, you both become more accurate and do more damage as you level the stat, wheras STR you only boost damage and armor.

True, she doesn't wear as high armor, but not getting hit > taking reduced damage when you get hit.

Starting damages for our characters?

30 damage w/ 50% THAC0.
vs
40 damage w/ 25% THAC0.

At starting level, you have to roll less than a 3 on a d100 to hit me.

Dex Fighter Master Race, yo.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:27:58 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 06:27:24 pm »

Yeah the balance does seem somewhat messed up there. But I'm more tank then damage, after all your character has the durability of a wet tissue and somebody has to take the hits.
But I'm sure 2h weapons will do substantial damage and I'll have the strength to use them if I ever go for a more damage dealing approach.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:29:29 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2015, 06:30:26 pm »

Yeah the balance does seem somewhat messed up there. But I'm more tank then damage, after all your character has the durability of a wet tissue.

Actually, I just don't have armor.

My staying power is actually not bad, considering attacks with perfect accuracy cap at a 78% hit chance at character creation.

And I'm not even minmaxed!

I have the durability of a normal person even if you do hit me!

If I wanted to be a douchenozzle, I'd drop STAM to minimums as well and just pump Agility to such a degree that I can basically reproduce the bridge scene because of the absolutely REDICULOUS dodge chance I have.

Of course, this actually fits with game lore. XD

THIS IS PROBABLY WHY KIRITO USED 1HANDSWORDS AND CLOTH ARMOR.

it's simply the optimal build for the game XD

... ahaha math.

*rejiggles stats because fun*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:35:59 pm by ragnarok97071 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 06:31:26 pm »

Yeah, balancing will be needed. Maybe Dex is scaled back in damage and Strength has a higher crit chance?
Sigtext!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2015, 06:33:58 pm »

I think low damage but higher crit fits better for dex while higher damage but lower crit does for strength.

To use other RPG's as an example, Dexterity is almost always crit related, in WOW for instance dexterity is your rouges, lower base damage but very high crit while strength is your warrior, much higher damage but lower crit chance.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:35:50 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »

I think low damage but higher crit fits better for dex while higher damage but lower crit does for strength.

Dexterity weapons excluding staves are all piercing attacks, small wounds but more precisely aimed to hit critical point, where as strength are rending weapons, larger wounds but less precisely aimed.
Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe make hit chance based entirely on the weapons to remove the "unable to hit anything" thing?
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 92