- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86632 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC and Interest Check
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2015, 08:04:56 pm »

Whaaat
...oh shit, five 20's IS 100. :P I don't know what the hell happened there.
Black lives matter.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2015, 08:27:04 pm »

Is everyone gonna be in the same guild or separate party's?
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2015, 08:35:21 pm »

Probably guild. I think I'm going to go with 12 players so it fits neatly into 2 parties. During boss fights and stuff, I'll just say the rest of the raid group is holding off the boss's minions or something.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2015, 08:38:24 pm »

Probably guild. I think I'm going to go with 12 players so it fits neatly into 2 parties. During boss fights and stuff, I'll just say the rest of the raid group is holding off the boss's minions or something.

... Oh right, all SAO's raids are fucking 36man or some insanity.

I had forgotten that.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »

Cool, could we do a watered down version of recruitment to get bonusses in those fights? Or like get members to do odd jobs for us like gather resources?

SAO raids had no number limit, they were just smart enough to take a hand picked team rather then a huge group of fodder who'd get in the way.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2015, 08:43:06 pm »

Cool, could we do a watered down version of recruitment to get bonusses in those fights? Or like get members to do odd jobs for us like gather resources?

SAO raids had no number limit, they were just smart enough to take a hand picked team rather then a huge group of fodder who'd get in the way.

Except the first one :P

that one had an entire WAVE of people get rekt right out the gate XD
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2015, 08:49:46 pm »

By bonuses do you mean Cannon Fodder NPCs? Maybe.

Except the first one :P

that one had an entire WAVE of people get rekt right out the gate XD
Actually, they were remarkably well organized. Only Diabel died, and that was due to his own stupidity.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet son (click to show/hide)
Did done.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2015, 09:05:35 pm »

Well you said the other members would be around to deal with the random mobs. I was thinking like we recruit a bunch of tanks and they soak up a bit of boss damage. Or a bunch of archers who hurt it a bit each round.
Just small bonusses to show that the guild is supporting us to beat the Boss.

Mostly though I like the second idea, a large percentage in the show didn't ever go near the frontline or bosses, while we're doing missions we could have the weaker guys gathering herbs and ores and crap for us so we don't have to spend ages gathering up supplies. Between missions.

Like I could use a few to gather up ores for me so between jobs I can make new gear for the group without needing to spend half a dozen turns mining first.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:16:32 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2015, 09:17:52 pm »

Hey, what's the average hit% of low-level mobs? How about bosses?

This is important information :P

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2015, 09:19:38 pm »

Bosses? High, very high. They had tanks in SAO for a reason lol the bosses tend to have huge range or be fast as hell or both.

And we never even saw the top 30 odd floor bosses.
Caine's law.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2015, 09:20:37 pm »

Bosses? High, very high. They had tanks in SAO for a reason lol the bosses tend to have huge range or be fast as hell or both.

True, but I need actual DATA. :3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2015, 09:20:45 pm »

I would assume that low-levels are okay, but skilled players will be like "nah, nah bro, see, you can't do shit, m'kay?"
Black lives matter.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2015, 09:21:56 pm »

Well it changes lol SAO has thousands of enemies all with different stats that change over time.
Caine's law.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2015, 09:22:20 pm »

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHH
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 92