- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86720 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC and Interest Check
« Reply #570 on: June 09, 2015, 06:27:35 pm »

I need to us my ss some time just to see what the damage on it is, considering the rediculous requirements for it to proc.

Seriously. You lose your action that turn, and it fizzles if nothing attacks you, plus the stun even if it fails...
It's a balance thing, even in the show. Otherwise combat would be a string of Sword Arts doing crazy damage every turn.
No no I meant OD specifically. It's SO DAMN SITUATIONAL and against players it'll only work once before they recognize the counter stance.
Most sword arts always trigger, this one only does it if something attacks you, and only once, unlike a DEF buff. I'm curious  how much the damage it puts out will be to balance that.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 09, 2015, 06:28:46 pm »

Yeah, sucks a little for tanking though. I draw the enemies in to tank them but I'm crippled for a turn doing it. Definitely gonna need to push up my resistance and get some seriously heavy armour.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:35 pm »

I think i'll try the double shot next turn but which to shoot, currently on E8, I want to see how it fairs.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 09, 2015, 06:30:22 pm »

Yeah. I'm guessing we can use a turn to block/hunker down behind a shield for increased defense as a normal action?
If you're not frozen, yes.

That's why the self-stun is there. Otherwise people would just SA -> back off -> SA chain forever. If using it didn't make you vulnerable, there would be no reason to not hammer that every time they came off CD. Once you had more than one, it would be an endless MMO ability rotation, which is pretty much diametrically opposed to Kayaba's intent with the skill-based system.
This. As is, they're more things to be used as a coup-de-grace, or something to be used when the reward is greater than the risk.

I need to us my ss some time just to see what the damage on it is, considering the rediculous requirements for it to proc.

Seriously. You lose your action that turn, and it fizzles if nothing attacks you, plus the stun even if it fails...
It's a balance thing, even in the show. Otherwise combat would be a string of Sword Arts doing crazy damage every turn.
No no I meant OD specifically. It's SO DAMN SITUATIONAL and against players it'll only work once before they recognize the counter stance.
Most sword arts always trigger, this one only does it if something attacks you, and only once, unlike a DEF buff. I'm curious  how much the damage it puts out will be to balance that.
Probably 4x as opposed to the usual 3x for crits and such.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:48 pm »

Man, critting on one of those would be fucking nuts.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 10, 2015, 07:08:16 am »

Waiting on Ranger, Vacio, Dice and KJ.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 10, 2015, 11:00:07 am »

I'm curious.

Now I have to imagine how ridiculous it could possibly be if her Sword Skill was combined with Tower Stance's effect. :P

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Game Full, Waitlist Open!
« Reply #577 on: June 10, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »

Wow even with my resistance that's half my HP gone. Good job they hit me not the damage guys lol. I'm boned next turn unless you guys kill a few of them.
Caine's law.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 10, 2015, 03:56:37 pm »

Wow even with my resistance that's half my HP gone. Good job they hit me not the damage guys lol. I'm boned next turn unless you guys kill a few of them.
Well, you don't die permanently until Kayaba's announcement, and the uber-tank with the damage reduction to allies around her is next to you. :P

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2015, 04:00:27 pm »

Well at least 1 will die this turn so I should have enough HP to last another round.
Btw Twin you put the damage onto Kyle not Tzo.

But I'm definitely getting a shield and armour in town.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:03:16 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2015, 04:02:23 pm »

With half the damage hitting Shiina and your damage being reduced to 1/3 the normal value, you should be fine.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2015, 04:04:24 pm »

I honestly doubt anything you could possibly buy with 100 Cor would be worth any sort of substantial protection whatsoever.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

And this is why you take a defensive oriented Sword Skill as a tank. Or take godly resistance. :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »

I honestly doubt anything you could possibly buy with 100 Cor would be worth any sort of substantial protection whatsoever.
120 now, IIRC.
And it's only gonna get bigger with each pig we slay.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2015, 04:07:05 pm »

More then 100 after the money from here. But it'll help still and my first aim then is to go find a mine and get ore to make something better.

It'll take time to find the Boss room so I can hit some weak enemies and whip up some gear for us.

Meh if I hadn't drawn them to us the damage on the others would be a lot worse.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 92