- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86712 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC and Interest Check
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2015, 05:13:06 pm »

I'll stick where I am.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 09, 2015, 05:14:21 pm »

I'm going to need to head up front for Tower Stance to do anything next player turn.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 09, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »

Switch with Bob? Everything other then boar E is about to come after me anyway except maybes Kyle's if his attack stops my aggro working.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 09, 2015, 05:18:35 pm »

Point taken. I was looking to guard Ifeex, as Bradley has more than enough health to come out on top, but I think I may need two turns to reach him.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 09, 2015, 05:20:35 pm »

Yeah your out of range, if the archers shoot at E to help the 2 on it then it won't survive our next turn. Oh yeah, Ifeex is a tank too I forgot that.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:23:24 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 09, 2015, 05:46:06 pm »

You know, this is a pretty crap time to mention that my sword skill doesn't work.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 09, 2015, 05:48:16 pm »

Wait. How will Tower Stance work? Does it apply on Shiina and the protected player through player and enemy phases?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 09, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »

It must, it's a sNags reduction so it has to last until the next player turn.
Caine's law.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 09, 2015, 06:02:30 pm »

You know, this is a pretty crap time to mention that my sword skill doesn't work.
Sword Skill... CRAP... I forgot about it... In that case, you're on E3, but not able to act next turn.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:06:20 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 09, 2015, 06:16:16 pm »

I need to us my ss some time just to see what the damage on it is, considering the rediculous requirements for it to proc.

Seriously. You lose your action that turn, and it fizzles if nothing attacks you, plus the stun even if it fails...
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 09, 2015, 06:21:44 pm »

I need to us my ss some time just to see what the damage on it is, considering the rediculous requirements for it to proc.

Seriously. You lose your action that turn, and it fizzles if nothing attacks you, plus the stun even if it fails...
It's a balance thing, even in the show. Otherwise combat would be a string of Sword Arts doing crazy damage every turn.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 09, 2015, 06:22:54 pm »

Unless you put a 1 turn cool down on the skill itself instead. But I dunno if that'd be balanced or not.
Caine's law.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 09, 2015, 06:24:37 pm »

Unless you put a 1 turn cool down on the skill itself instead. But I dunno if that'd be balanced or not.
Then you're still alternating between damage and massive damage. There has to be some consequence, one that might make you not use a Sword Art every single opportunity.
Sigtext!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 09, 2015, 06:25:45 pm »

Yeah. I'm guessing we can use a turn to block/hunker down behind a shield for increased defense as a normal action?
Caine's law.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 09, 2015, 06:26:20 pm »

That's why the self-stun is there. Otherwise people would just SA -> back off -> SA chain forever. If using it didn't make you vulnerable, there would be no reason to not hammer that every time they came off CD. Once you had more than one, it would be an endless MMO ability rotation, which is pretty much diametrically opposed to Kayaba's intent with the skill-based system.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 92