Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Graduation [SG]  (Read 6216 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Graduation [SG]
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 09:52:43 pm »

You land on your back and get the wind knocked out of you. You forgot that modified have quicker reflex uses. You hear him taunt you,"Get on your feet kid, you know you ain't got all day". You chuckle and pick yourself up, you put your fists up and take a few punches to your sides you decide to try wrestling him. You position your leg behind his, he starts throwing elbows, you throw your weight into him knocking him down and leaving you ontop. He lands a punch to your jaw as you both fall. You begin throwing punches before he flips you both over switching positions. He uses his knees to hold your arms down and puts one hand to your throat,"Fights over kid, you did well". He gets off of you and helps you up,"Ya I'll see if I can make it to your celebration, you better be headed home" you look at your watch and notice you've got just enough time to get back and get ready. You say your good byes and head home. You rush through the door and run to the shower passing by your parents who give a greeting. You lock the bathroom door behind you and strip down. You enter the code for a quick wash on the shower pad and step into the shower. The glass door shuts and steam begins to fill the closed shower. You begin to sweat and the shower heads turn on spraying you down in a layer of detergent then they blast out streams of warm water that wash away the soap. Finally air blows out the steam holes and dries you somewhat. The glass door slides open and you dry yourself off the rest of the way. You toss your clothes into a laundry receptacle and wrap a towel around your waist. You rush to go change but when you walk through the living room you notice Frank and Cassidy are already there. Cassidy is awekwardly staring at your glistening wet bod. You blush a bit and dead sprint to your room almost losing the towel. You close your door and change into a pair of good pants, a button up shirt and a vest. You decide to wear your great grandfather's watch too, tiss the ocasion. You head back to the living room and sit next to Frank and Cassidy on the couch. Cassidy has a giant smile on her face and Frank seems anxious,"I hope Roxy likes this shirt, you think I should go back home and change to my blue one instead?". He continues to stammer on and your mother reasyres him he's fine. There's ten minutes left before you have to leave. What do you do?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 12:46:55 am »

Chat a bit. Wait for the others. Head to the restaurant (took me four tries to spell that. Never can get it the first time) with all who make it.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 09:16:14 am »

You try to think of something to talk about but you draw a blank. Cassidy looks over at you,"You looked nice... Look.. I meant look.." Her face turns bright read and she looks away and twiddles her thumbs. You calmly laugh,"It's ok, thank you." You take a moment to look her over, she's in a nice but simple dress, she straightened her hair since you last saw her and looks like she painted her nails too. She smells like fields of aromas that can only be described as beautiful. You decide to return the complement,"You look nice too Cass" you say with a smile, she blushes more,"Thank you" a smile returns to her face. Frank looks at Cassidy,"I wish I had your luck" she looks confused but you have a hard time holding in a laugh. You think about explaining how Frank wishes he could be like that with Roxy but you decide not to. You put on hand on Frank's shoulder,"Everything will be ok man, you've got this. Just be yourself, I think she likes the normal you. Oh and by the way your shirt matches your hair, looks good." He lifts his chin up,"James, you're a romantic. Stop" he says with a smile and light hearted laugh. Cassidy let's out a little giggle. You can hear a knocking at the door, then Roxy yell,"I can see you love birds in there, let me in". You get up and get the door, looks like Roxy got Elliot on the way to your house. You're not sure if she has a crush on him or she likes his company but she always seems to be the one getting Elliot out to things like this. Not that you didn't invite him it's just be always seems to forget with work and Roxy always remembers to drag him out of the fields to go hang out with all of you. Frank blushes as the three of you (you, Roxy, and Elliot) go to sit. You let Roxy take the seat next to Frank because you're a nice friend and you take a seat with Elliot on the other couch.
(More soon, on a field trip, will try to get the rest posted on the trip back to school)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 04:59:41 pm »

Flirt with Cassidy while trying to keep things nice and laidback. Ask what everyone else is up to these days.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 03:58:18 pm »

Flirt with Cassidy while trying to keep things nice and laidback. Ask what everyone else is up to these days.
+1
See how everyone's doing.
Max avatar size is 80x80

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 05:33:04 pm »

+1 to geting gf xdddd

Also, i suggest you add some commas. (if that's what they are called, google says so)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 02:36:40 pm »

((sorry about my short hiatus))

Frank begins to fumble with words as he tries to flirt with Roxy, she begins to giggle a little at his effort. Elliot attempt to spark up a conversation with Cassidy, but to no avail. She seems more interested in dragging you into the conversations and you try to stay out attempting to give Elliot a chance. After a couple minutes Elliot gives up and starts wing manning for Frank as he seems to have run into an awkward silence with Roxy, you aren't sure what he said though. You decide you might as well flirt with Cassidy since that seems to be all anyone wants to do. The two of you have a fun exchange of light hearted jokes. Then as she begins to almost slide off the couch trying to get closer to you while talking you hear him arrive. Louis in a nice outfit and probably his black boots takes weighty steps onto your porch and waits for someone to get the door. Elliot goes silent, he's not a big fan of Louis. He scares him. You get up, watching as Cassidy tracks you with her eyes, and open the door for Louis. He looks at you and hands you a card,¨Hey buddy, sorry about the stupid card but my CO would have my ass if I didn't give you a pamphlet of recruiting junk, I added a card to make up for it's stupidity.¨. He gives you a side hug for some reason and sits on the recliner (the only chair not obviously taken). You go back and take your seat on the couch.

Your parents and your little sister enter the living room. Jennifer sees Louis and blushes before turning her face away in embarrassment and whispers something to your mom. Your dad speaks up,¨Ok five minutes till we leave, reservation is made. You all know where the washroom is if you need some last minute cleaning up or anything.¨. Everyone says their thank yous to your parents and an awkward silence grows.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »

Head out to the transportation device! read recruitment pamph ... no no, read the congratulations card.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 04:58:08 pm »

Take a brief look at it and joke "Cool, maybe they can use me as an all natural meat sheild in some battle for useless land."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 05:17:28 pm »

You all head out to the van and pack it to it's max compacity of 9 people, dear god is it cramped.
You take a moment to open the envelope Louis gave you, and give Elliot a chance to talk to Cassidy.

Inside the envelope you find a card and a folded up pamphlet. Looking at the card it seems like a generic graduation card with glitter streamers and an owl holding a diploma. The inside has some typed sentiment about graduation but what you care about is the note Louis left on the inside of the card:
"James, I know I've not been the nicest person to you. Or anyone for that matter. But I want you to know that I'm proud of you as one of my few friends who has graduated second school with plans of college. I hope you know the military will always have a place for you even if you don't find somewhere you fit in as yourself. We need everyone we can get and I would like a friend on this adventure. No, I'm not begging for you to come with me but I think you would like it, I know you have talked about it before. Well today's your special day, talk to your lady friend, eat copious amounts of food, and talk to your friends. Thank you for inviting me to this party".

You're pretty sure this is the only time Louis has ever written something personal for you. You stow the card away before someone asks what it says. You grab the pamphlet and look to Louis,"Cool, maybe they can use me as an all natural meat shield in some battle for useless land". He knows you're joking but he responds,"Well actually they have a lot of programs, scholarships, and job offers for non-modified people. You might like to look into it".
You open the pamphlet and it all seems geared toward naturals, there is even a section for one of the jobs you've been interested in. "Reactor Operator". Though instead of working in one of the reactors on the planet it's advertising work on some of the fleet's ships that use reactors. Specifically flagships, destroyers, and carriers.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 10:06:25 pm »

Ask Louis what he is doing in military.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 10:27:15 am »

((Sorry for my hiatus, I've been having some emotional issues and trying to get my life together. Here is an extra long update to apologize))

You look up from the pamphlet to ask Louis about what he does,¨What do you do in the military Louis?¨. He gives a slight chuckle,¨Well nothing yet I still have to go to basic training but once I'm out I will be doing security for military installations.¨. Jennifer looks back from her seat to ask Louis a question,¨That sounds interesting¨, she says with a smile as her cheeks blush,¨What would you have to do for training¨. She was being as obvious as Cassidy at this point. You let the two continue their conversation as Roxxy pokes your arm,¨Hey, is your brother going to be there at dinner?¨, before you respond your mother looks up at the rear view mirror to talk to Roxxy,¨Yes Nigel will be there sweetie¨. Roxxy slightly blushed. Frank put his head down, he knows your brother isn't interested in her but that didn't keep her from liking him. You put your hand on Frank's shoulder to try to reassure him, it seems to calm him a little bit. You look back and notice elliot is shyly whispering to Cassidy, seems he's keeping a quiet conversation with her.

After about half an hour of friendly chit chat in the car your father finds the restaurant. You all get out and you observe the building, seems like they are going for an older look with brick walls and neon signs over modern materials and tech. There is light music playing over hidden speakers, it sounds like a chorus of string instruments. This type of music is almost ancient and only played at ceremonies or places like this where they are trying to make an older feeling scene.

Inside you find that Nigel and Sarah are already waiting at the table. Nigel is watching some video on his implant and Sarah is messaging her friends absent mindedly. Nigel hops right up and shuts off the video to greet mom and dad while Sarah just sits there zoned out messaging. Roxxy hides behind Frank, you didn't think her to be one to be embarrassed but it seems so. Frank gladly helps conceal her, turning around the hide her from Nigel's view and starts talking to her. Cassidy and Elliot are talking behind you and you decide to talk to Louis a bit more. What do you talk to him about?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 12:02:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Talk about what options there are for us nonchippies. Steal Sarah's texting device, unless it's her implant, in which case, just annoy the piss out of her by giving her a big bear hug. Tell her to enjoy the dinner with us, we're celebrating her annoying brother's graduation, dammit!

Sorry about your issues, bro. We understand, more or less. We all get them, or something like them.  :-\ :-[  :o

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 07:02:58 pm »

No need to apologize Cryxis. Tough times happen to everyone. Hopefully things go well for you.

Talk about what options there are for us nonchippies. Steal Sarah's texting device, unless it's her implant, in which case, just annoy the piss out of her by giving her a big bear hug. Tell her to enjoy the dinner with us, we're celebrating her annoying brother's graduation, dammit!

Sorry about your issues, bro. We understand, more or less. We all get them, or something like them.  :-\ :-[  :o
I concur.
Max avatar size is 80x80

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 02:00:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Give the device back to her immediately, if that wasn't already clear.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 [2] 3