Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dwarven Invaders part II: Survival Boogaloo (ARK: Survival Evolved)  (Read 15280 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Invaders part II: Survival Boogaloo (ARK: Survival Evolved)
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2015, 04:09:25 pm »

Well I woke up today naked and outside; apparently I fell through the wall when I logged off. To try to avoid this happening again, I've combined and expanded the bedrooms so we should have more space to fall unconscious in.

I tamed a parasaur today, and have been taking it on resource runs. Some of the new recruits also got us another raptor and a new trike. We really need more stables, but we can't build any further into the valley until someone destroys that enemy tribe's wooden foundation.

We've now got a couple of water tanks. I want to build a couple more so that we can rely on the rain to fill them up and not have to fill them manually. We've also started some gardens, though I'm not sure if there any crops actually worth growing.

We're running low on metal, and chitin, and hides, so we should try to organize a good cave dive soon.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.

I've been busy working so haven't been able to play. Metal is easy to get on the river, just mine the little chocolate rocks just under the surface. Some of the smaller rocks in the river edge are also metal.

When I next get on (assuming I still have my gear heh) I'll organize a cave raid, although if you use a metal hatchet or pike you can wreck everything in there if you're careful.

Try swinging while walking backwards, the snakes have a long strike animation so you can usually whack them and get out of their range before they hit. Spiders also seems to die quickly doing this. Scorpions are a bit harder but still die fast to metal weapons, you might just get stung and knocked out (so use stimulant or kill em all before you pass out).
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2015, 11:30:02 pm »

Finally got in. Character was dead. Logging in dead and/or naked is pretty frustrating heh.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2015, 02:06:49 am »

I logged in dead also. Really wishing that we had started on a PvE server.

I would be restarting right now if not for the new recruits keeping us well supplied with fresh weapons and armor.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2015, 07:51:14 am »

Are people leaving the doors open or something? I'm just wondering how I keep getting looted. Several times I've been partially looted when logging in right at the center of the house, other times I end up dead. Keep having to remake bits of my armor or my pike or my arrows. Been mostly on a few short times a day since I have been busy working and spending most of that time re-gathering my gear is a bit frustrating. I'm not sure if it's due to bugs because it's early access or if someone is actually looting/killing me. Hopefully the upcoming patch that tells you how you died will be a bit more illuminating.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2015, 09:05:40 am »

I heard in global chat that people often fall through buildings while asleep and it seems to result in their death. I would strongly advise for individual bedroom storage, so that we can safely store all our stuff before logging off.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2015, 10:26:21 am »

I can't seem to find the server mentioned in the OP in either the game's server listing or through the Steam overlay.

Stumbled upon it by accident. It has quotation marks around the name which threw me off. If you see someone named Khorvale in-game, it's me.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:40:38 am by Sartain »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2015, 11:54:33 am »

I've been playing on official server 343 yesterday and today a bit. I may log in and give leadership of the tribe to Folly if you like, since I won't be super active on here. Kind of enjoying running around on an official server, building up little mini bases and fighting off pkers. Managed to kill a guy who shot me with a gun by simply sprinting up to his face and beating him with my axe, although his buddy rode up on a raptor and got me. And for the most part people seem fairly friendly, just a few people who murder everyone they see. I even see thatch structures still standing with people alive inside.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:56:39 am by Paul »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2015, 12:06:49 pm »

Sad to see you go Paul..that leaves me as pretty much the only B12 person still active less than a week after we started.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2015, 12:08:30 pm »

So, who is our fearless leader now?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2015, 12:08:49 pm »

I mostly left because I wasn't too fond of the server choice to begin with, lol. I only joined it because Greatorder wanted to.

My ping there made killing dinos difficult. I had 200+ ping at times. I could take out snakes and stuff because they're weak, but trying to go up against even a trike I would sometimes be unable to hit them due to the ping and them sending me flying constantly.

I was going to transfer leadership to Folly since he built most of the base and seems the most active.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2015, 12:10:06 pm »

I still play once in a while.
Hm. new patch out and now I can't see the server, I guess it hasn't updated yet?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2015, 12:14:11 pm »

I was going to transfer leadership to Folly since he built most of the base and seems the most active.

Always good to know who's in charge.
All hail Folly!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2015, 02:55:32 pm »

Been trying to get in to make Folly leader, but server has been full. Had better luck getting in the official servers lol.

Guess I'll do it Monday when I can actually log in.

Oh, I got in and I'm not leader. Was I ever? I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:28:20 pm by Paul »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7