Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Dwarven Invaders part II: Survival Boogaloo (ARK: Survival Evolved)  (Read 15277 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Invaders part II: Survival Boogaloo (ARK: Survival Evolved)
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2015, 04:12:43 pm »

I am trying, but ARK froze when I tried to open it again. I restarted computer and trying again

edit: it gets stuck loading 'snapshot 16' . I wonder if it is because of the chnage to config?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:21:03 pm by andrea »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2015, 05:06:45 pm »

Hi, I'd like to join you but I'm not clear on which server you're using ... if there are several I'd rather play on a EU server. I'll try "NotTooShabby" for now.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2015, 05:14:59 pm »

we are on "[ENG/DK] Anuukiani 24/7 friendly no wipes".

you can find it in the way I described a few posts above.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2015, 05:30:47 pm »

Ok I finally managed to find the server, I was looking at something without quote marks so I couldn't find it >_<

I'll make some dwarfy survivor and try to join you :)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2015, 06:22:15 pm »

Just purchased the game and will try to join you guys in flinging poop at tyrannosaurs sometime.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 06:53:11 pm »

Meanwhile I had starved, dehydrated, loaded my pants with so many rocks I couldn't move, got attacked by numerous dilos, a raptor, and a giant friggin' scorpion, and managed to live.

I have no idea where I am, just that it seems to be at an intersection of rivers in the south-east-ish, maybe.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »

We just got wrecked. Vulture took out two of us, the rest of us scattered. T-Rex got me, and everyone else died. Not sure how, I was too busy being a little bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU_aZQ4F5vU

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2015, 07:06:16 pm »

Hey guys, if you want to merge with us Teamspeak guys, we have a stable, safe base and need more hands.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2015, 08:29:24 pm »

I've been trying to get to the cave marked "80.2 / 53.5" but I kept dying to the wildlife before getting to it. I think it could make a good base, since it's the closest of the respawn bed. Although I haven't found it yet, I think that the safest way to get to it from the bed is to follow the coast south/west, then cross the delta, follow the lake's northern side and keep heading west until we get to the large river. Then follow the river north, staying on the eastern side, until crossing a smaller river. Then follow that smaller river, until getting to the cave. [edit : there doesn't seem to be a smaller river, so i'm not sure what to make of that wavy line on the map]

Here's some pictures, first the map then the path.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: path (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:20:47 pm by Sirian »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2015, 12:10:50 am »

Heh, I tamed a trike. Then got a trike saddle in a loot box.

It's the tractor of ARK. You can stomp bushes for tons of berries, and even stomp trees for wood and thatch.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2015, 02:14:09 am »

Created character, walked into underbrush, gave up due to lag/FPS issues, will try later.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2015, 07:39:46 am »

And the place I'm thinking of- it's to the east of the cave near the centre of the map. If you look at where the river splits into two towards the east of the cave, IMMEDIATELY to the north-west of that there's a little lighter 'T' shape on the map. That's a valley with three entrances that can be easily blocked off. However, we could give the southern cave a bash, too.

I FINALLY managed to get to the southern cave. It's, honestly, perfect, and I can guide anyone to it from the respawn bed. What's weird is that the entrance is sorta camouflaged as solid rock.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Following my earlier directions, basically when you follow the river north, at some point you have to get into the water because the beach is replaced by cliffs. Once it becomes a beach again, just head straight inland (east), and you'll find some sort of gorge or canyon, maybe 10-20m large. The cave entrance is on the right hand side after walking for a short while in the canyon. At first it doesnt look like much but as you get further inside it get progressively bigger and more awesome. There's an internal lake and a lot of room for expansion.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2015, 07:59:52 am »

I am not sure walling off a cave is a nice idea. People may not like being denied access to metal and stuff, and we might find ourselves a target for other groups.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2015, 08:06:05 am »

semicircle next to it seems fine.
later on, if we are brave enough, we could settle inside the cave itself, if there is a large enough area.

but I won't be able to check until tomorrow at best, so I guess you get to pick.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2015, 10:34:38 am »

Key to surviving while traveling:

Add some points to HP when leveling. It helps a lot, I put 10 levels there. I plan to put more.
If using melee weapons, add points there too.

Get some armor - hide helps. I can make hide armor if I'm on.

Make weapons - spears break but having 5 of them on you can save you if you get jumped by dilos or a raptor. Alternatively, slings are good - and I've been making bows and arrows for people.

I have seen some advice to invest in speed, but I honestly don't see the point. You can escape the big predators by sprinting and running past other critters that draw them off. The only animal you might need speed for is raptors, but even with a bunch of extra speed those things run so fast it doesn't help at all. 20 levels of speed won't make you fast enough to escape them, but 10 levels in hp and 10 levels in melee damage will let you kill them.

Also, traveling with friends helps a lot. Stick close together and you can take out raptors. Also, get sleeping bags for long trips. Drop them at landmarks along the way, and be mindful of where you go from there. If one of you dies you can meet back up back at the bags. If you hunt some dinos along the way you can easily get the hides to make them en route.

Also, I've made it to the south cave a couple times. If one of you bed making people wants to make me a bed and a foundation I could plant one near there for you guys to respawn at.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:37:15 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7