Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Songbird and the Son vs the World  (Read 2986 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: The Songbird and the Son vs the World
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 06:36:40 am »

"I figured at least she wasn't a frigid new-world lolita."
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 11:20:27 am »

+1
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 11:59:15 am »

+1
+1 to the +1

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 01:21:14 pm »

It's like Polandball, the SG!
PTW.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 11:06:34 pm »

>"I figured at least wasn't a frigid new-world lolita."

Canada grins sardonically while Estonia turns the shade of a healthy young tomato.

"W-we a-aren't,  but-" she stammers.

"Adorable,  I'm sure." Canada suddenly warms, a cheerful smile breaking across her face and a cheerful glimmer appearing in her eye to replace the sarcastic one she had before. "hullo, Estonia. It's a pleasure to see you, eh? Want to come in for some food?"

You sigh. Canada has always been odd; warm and polite on the outside, icewater and snark on the inside, like some twisted parody of the Hollywood "fire and ice" personality.

You find you don't really mind. Canada may be as sour as a lemon, but only to people she really, honestly trusts. It's something reserved for you, America, and Britan, alone, not even the other members of the commonwealth often see the icy heart of Canada.

Watching Canada warmly guide a thoroughly confused Estonia indoors, you sigh and shaks your head. You invite yourself in after the girls, shutting the door just in time to keep Mexico locked outdoors.

"Awwww, let me in! ¿Por qué nadie me quiere?"

As it turns out, the alleged food was actually hamburgers, tatertots, and poutine, a thoroughly odd combination you suspect was whatever Canada had in her fridge. Which is honestly irksome, standing there like a marble monument to your destitution. Your apartment doesn't even have a refrigerator! It has a cooler and an ice machine.

"I don't know where he's gone off to, honestly." Canada's voice draws you out of your melodramatic reverie. "He's got errands all over the world today, and he left before I woke up."

Estonia lies her head on the table. "Shit. Fine, then. Where should we start looking then?"

Canada shrugs, leaning back in her seat. "He's gotta hit up Korea, so Asia is a good bet, and while he's there he'll want to flirt with Japan." Canada's face grows cold. Apparently she's not a fan of her brother dating. "But after that, he said he'd go looking for that gem that's supposed to have reappeared. If it's another National Idea of Rome, he'll want to keep it out of China and Russia's hands. It's supposed to be in Europe, so that's where he'll be if not Asia. But it's getting late, he was supposed to be back by now."

Canada leans forward, patting a staff leaning by the side of the table. "If you do find him, tell him to be back by nine thirty, or he's getting a date with my Maplewood Staff."

You guess the only decision now is where to go next. Estonia still looks like she needs to meet your father, for her own mysterious rock reasons, and you're too invested not to help now.

>"He must have gotten distracted with Japan." Because goodness gracious you hope it's not South.... or knowing USA, even North... ew.

>"I can just see him getting caught up in a 'bro-reunion' with Germany." And you haven't spoken with your grandfather in a while.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »

It's like Polandball, the SG!
PTW.
The nations are a sort of cross between national sterotypes, real history, and a personality that makes that history make sense done as a person, rather than multiple generations being gradually replaced by new ideas.

So yes. It's more violent and gritty than satw or what I've seen of hetalia (see Japans dissolution of Koreas National Identity letting South and North stop being states, or America blinding/crippling hiroshima/nagisaki respectively) But all in all it's just good fun; there are no real villains by intent. Even China and North are understandable and sympathetic, and if I do my job right they won't feel like villains who need to be stopped for peace and justice, just dark and/or batshit individuals who don't follow the morals Liberia does.

Emphasis on batshit for North though. Talk about acceptable targets.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 11:26:39 pm »

I like it. Poor Mexico though... I still think you're awesome Mexico!

But a Bro-Union with Germany and pestering Canada about Grandap sounds interesting. Let's go with that.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 06:14:01 am »

I like it. Poor Mexico though... I still think you're awesome Mexico!

But a Bro-Union with Germany and pestering Canada about Grandap sounds interesting. Let's go with that.

Quite so, +1.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 08:07:38 am »

"I can just see him getting caught up in a 'bro-reunion' with Germany." And you haven't spoken with your grandfather in a while.
Tho Im incrediblly curious what Japans like knowing your a bit of a weeb >_>
but the bro out with the Germans sounds interesting considering we beat them last soccor game :p
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 08:09:15 am by Sprin »

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 07:17:52 am »

I heard if we check asia we could possiblly run into North Korea I change my vote

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2015, 01:24:25 pm »

>"I can just see him getting caught up in a 'bro-reunion' with Germany." And you haven't spoken with your grandfather in a while.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 04:41:22 am »

Estonia huffs. "Uh, hello. I'm Estonia, a City-state class nation from the baltic. In europe. Where we're going. To look for the guy I wanted to find."

You look at her confusedly. Canada only quirks an eyebrow, and flips one black pigtail over her shoulder.

"There's no superpower in Europe right now. I would have felt it if any were."

Canada's lip twitches. "Well, if he isn't there, it's still worth it to go. You'll need a interfacer if you want to be able to fight."

"I can fight perfectly well!" E snaps.

"Not as a team. You always need a interfacer. Some city state to provide support. And I know just the person."

On the northern shore of Europe, a man stands, not alone, but apart. His flag is simple shirt, red white and blue, topped by a bright orange kerchief. In his mouth, a small roll of paper burns slowly, trailing a serpentine of smoke into the dimming sky.

Behind him, a woman, only slightly homely, draped in red, black and yellow, her eyes hidden by the glare off her thick glasses, slowly raises a bar of chocolate to her lips, and kicks.

The small ball at her feet rolls speedily, a cyan, white and red blur, to smash bodily into the back of the mans knees and sprawl in the shape of a small (but adult) girl.

"GYAAAAH! Belle! Dammit I looked cool until you fucked it up!" Screeches Ned, rubbing his rear and fuming from the ears.

Something in Your pocket buzzes.

"Geh heheheheh! You never look cool, Ned. On a good day you look like you drive the fuckin' mystery machine."

Ned jumps at Belgium as you slide your finger over your phone. "Y'ellow?"

You ignore the usual biting and punching Belle and Ned get up to. It's been like that since after the War, and they haven't hurt each other yet. Instead you concentrate on the cool, quiet voice on the other end of the phone.

"And why would I do that?" You ask.

"Pothead!" Screams Belle

"Nerd!" Shouts Ned.

"It's going to be cost-"

The number hits your ears like a wave. A green wave, of money. A wave of money. A massive money-filled wave of money!

The smile on your face verges on the edge of insane. You sink into a haze of green, euros floating through your thoughts, struck again and again by the seductive phrases like "open trade opportunities", "tourism income boost packages", and "commonwealth of the financial redistribution". You're sunk, lost, taken hook line and stinker. And you don't even realize it.

You hang up, only to find that Belle and Ned are looking at you, concern in their faces. "Are you ok, Lux?"

You explain your brilliant plan.

The rocking of the boat is making you vaguely sick, if you're honest with yourself. You don't let it show. For one, if you let it show now, it'll open the dams, and the other norse will continue to disallow you to truely be nordic.

And Liberia is looking at you intently, which is making you uncomfortable in ways you kind of wish you didn't understand. His eyes are very, very... brown.

A lot of Liberia is quite brown, actually. Not just his skin, but even the jacket he wears aa his flag is rough, dirty without being particularly unclean. Seeing where he lived, it hardly suprises you. It's dirty and grimy too... but homely, in a way.

You're a rock star, you remind yourself. You play in stadiums all over the world. You outrocked even Britain, outsang Mali,  and your band is household knowledge.

So why is your mouth so dry.

"Fuck..." you say. The swaying of the boat is making the bile rise in your throat. You need something to occupy your mind on the way back home to meet your "interface".

>"...Canada was very polite."

>"Got any guesses as to who gets so excited over thirty euros and some vaguely economic technobabble?"

>"I love you" oh god you want to die now why would you even think that now you're probably blushing and you have a nose bleed and good god he hates you he totally knows what you just thought and he hates you for it you stupid bitch and he probably Is already dating somebody whos cooler and better than you and probably has an hourglass figure to turn Austria green with envy and you just realized you're rambling again and thats such an Estonian thing its like that time you went to Czech's "self defense" seminar and you couldnt stop staring at his pectorals well you mean you guess it was Czech but even then it's not like you're like the idiots who fall for Austria you only like smart guys and besides you bet Liberia doesn't even have pecs so-

> Good God Estonia, calm down and put on your big girl panties, Jesus.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 05:10:07 am »

>"I love you" oh god you want to die now why would you even think that now you're probably blushing and you have a nose bleed and good god he hates you he totally knows what you just thought and he hates you for it you stupid bitch and he probably Is already dating somebody whos cooler and better than you and probably has an hourglass figure to turn Austria green with envy and you just realized you're rambling again and thats such an Estonian thing its like that time you went to Czech's "self defense" seminar and you couldnt stop staring at his pectorals well you mean you guess it was Czech but even then it's not like you're like the idiots who fall for Austria you only like smart guys and besides you bet Liberia doesn't even have pecs so-

This, obviously.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2015, 05:50:02 am »

Also >Liberia doesn't even have pecs
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:39:40 pm by Sprin »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 06:07:27 pm »

Also >Liberia doesn't even have pecs
Obviously. Pecs is in Hungary!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 [2] 3