Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76599 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2015, 10:54:18 am »

I actually have absolutely no time today. (or at least, very little) I think I will vote for Cheeter for is unceasing attempts at role fishing.
When you do have time, will you explain why Cheeetar is rolefishing and why is that bad?

So all the talk about looking at other people was for nothing and you've decided to ignore the questions I asked you, OSG?
I think he explained that with the I have no time today part.

I have almost no motivation to play this game right now and am seriously considering replacing out. I have the time to play, I just don't have anything really motivating me. I don't see anything weird or scummy, partly because everyone's distracted with NQT, and I can't defend myself against the one person who is attacking me.

TDS: Why have you been so aggressive against NQT and defending me in all this? I feel like you have a stake in this when you shouldn't, really.

What makes you think that? At the time NQT requested your lynch, you had almost no content and I didn't think that NQT could have formed a solid case on you already. I also find NQT's tactic scummy. I'm about to go over the things I've missed over the weekend, though, so I'll look at everyone's more recent posts.
Because that's called chainsaw defending, which made me feel like you were buddying. It doesn't help that I don't really see this as something out of the ordinary for NQT to do (Although if he feels like no one agrees with his lynches with reasons I'm not sure why he thought people would agree to his lynches without reasons :P), but my lack of content thing is a good point.

Everyone: Ignoring the whole me vs. NQT thing, who is your top scumpick you wish to see lynched?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2015, 10:55:44 am »

uuum... to see if there is anyone else worth voting for more than you... to see if your questions were possible justified... etc. geez, just give me more time.
these answers?

Nope. This:

Hey OSG, what questions do you want me to justify and why? Make this simple for me, the person that is 'worth voting for' but that you are somehow too timid to actually vote for.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2015, 10:59:09 am »

these answers?
I press a couple buttons on my phone, check the battery level on the thing, and then press a couple more and this plays:
Hey OSG, what questions do you want me to justify and why? Make this simple for me, the person that is 'worth voting for' but that you are somehow too timid to actually vote for.
PPEx2:
Everyone: Ignoring the whole me vs. NQT thing, who is your top scumpick you wish to see lynched?
I just give Persus a blank stare for several seconds, then point at my knife.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2015, 11:47:48 am »

I don't want you to give any cow poop justifications about any of your individual questions. I want you to give a reason that your whole game up to the point when I noticed it was you fishing for roles.

Persues:
Cheeetar's posts analysis from before.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2015, 12:11:58 pm »

Eh, that's enough for me to decide.

Full disclosure guys: I have a one-shot daykill that's burning a hole in my pocket and I'm gonna use it on OSG here. Why? Laziness and pursuing a bad case that's an echo of BMCs terrible one on me. OSG's 'I want you to give a reason you've only been rolefishing' while refusing to engage with me on which of my questions are rolefishing and what justification I could have for asking those questions is kind of a 'When did you stop beating your wife'-esque thing, and I'm not gonna let it fly. Also the whole not voting for me (despite saying I was worthy of a vote) because he claimed he was going to investigate other people, and then never doing that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2015, 01:40:58 pm »

No objections.
I do want to point out that you answered earlier about a daykill (granted, it was a compulsive kill, I assume yours is not), you mentioned killing Lenglon or BMC given that they're new. You also didn't have the information of an almost full day, though, so I really can't use your answer to object.

Unnoficial vote-count
BMC - Shaken, Lenglon, DA, TM
Flabort - IO
OSG - Cheeeeeeeetar
Shackrag - BMC
P13 - NQT
NQT - TDS, DD, Flabort
TDS - P13
Chetar - OSG

Not voting - Tiruin, JAT, Teneb
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »

I look at Cheetar and blink several times, then look off to the side for a moment. I then look back at Cheetar and walk over to draw something in the dirt:
Quote from: Me
LYLO?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2015, 03:04:58 pm »

Well this has taken a turn for the weird.

However, I have to give props to NQT for showing off a pair of big ol' brassy ones with his strategy in this game.  I tip my hat to you, good sir.

Persus13

Let's see if you're going to take all of the trust and goodwill you've steadily built up and piss it away in one game or not.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2015, 03:17:33 pm »

I look over at Shakerag and tilt my head to my right, then walk over to him and draw three letters and a symbol in the ground before him.
Quote from: ME to Shakerag
Why?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2015, 03:25:58 pm »

Lenglon, what did you mean by your response to Cheeetar? The kill should be saved until we're in LYLO?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2015, 03:37:45 pm »

Lenglon, what did you mean by your response to Cheeetar? The kill should be saved until we're in LYLO?
I shrug, walk over to Deus and take the piece of paper I handed him my survey question on earlier from him, and then flip it over to the backside and write on it.
Quote from: Me to Deus
Theory 1-shot early miss late hit. break LYLO. claim ruins.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »

I then point at what I just drew in front of Shakerag, and then point at Cheetar.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2015, 04:24:57 pm »

Lenglon:
Quote from: ME to Shakerag
Why?
Because of what I already said.  It's a bold, crazy move, and I'm supporting it because it's a bold, crazy move.  D1 is always so damn stale, so if someone wants to shake that up a bit I'm all for it.

Also, as I said before, I want to see if NQT is being legit with all of us, or if he's willing to piss away his reputation over a gambit in one game.  Because if we follow NQT and get burned for it, it'll be a long time before we follow his lead again. 

Also also, it's a little to bold and blatant to be a jester bid, IMO.  Despite practically never seeing that role come up, everyone is so goddamn paranoid about it that I'd say anyone who was actually -trying- to get lynched would have to be a bit more subtle about it. 

Also also also, if Persus13 comes up town, we'll just lynch ... NQT ... on D2 ... hmm.  Hmm.  HMM. 

That would be pretty amusing to see.  Act all jestery on D1.  Either you get lynched (yay) or you push a mislynch on someone else and get reaction lynched (yay) on D2 for it.  Only problem would be if your D1 target wasn't town.

Well, anyway, either NQT has some keen insight that will lead the town to victory, or we'll all get burned and be super pissed at him for a while.  Let's see what happens.

Quote from: Me to Deus
Theory 1-shot early miss late hit. break LYLO. claim ruins.
Oh sure, not like anyone town has screwed up LYLO by shooting the wrong guy or anything. 

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2015, 04:32:26 pm »

Eh, that's enough for me to decide.

Full disclosure guys: I have a one-shot daykill that's burning a hole in my pocket and I'm gonna use it on OSG here. Why? Laziness and pursuing a bad case that's an echo of BMCs terrible one on me. OSG's 'I want you to give a reason you've only been rolefishing' while refusing to engage with me on which of my questions are rolefishing and what justification I could have for asking those questions is kind of a 'When did you stop beating your wife'-esque thing, and I'm not gonna let it fly. Also the whole not voting for me (despite saying I was worthy of a vote) because he claimed he was going to investigate other people, and then never doing that.
PFP:

dude... literally all of your questions have been role fishy. Am I the only one that sees that?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2015, 05:24:40 pm »

I look at Cheetar and blink several times, then look off to the side for a moment. I then look back at Cheetar and walk over to draw something in the dirt:
Quote from: Me
LYLO?

Better I miss now than miss later- besides, if I die before LYLO I'll never be able to use it.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41