Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76473 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2015, 05:23:54 pm »

Nope. I don't see a reason to pick a side in this argument without knowing either side's stance. It's like living in Canada in ignorance of the US political system and trying to decide which President is better.
You can read. From mine and Persus' posts and anything else you might know, who is scummier? Even without placing a vote, where's your intuition lie here?

Blackmagechill: What is your take on the two current wagons; your own and NQT's?
Funnily enough, there's only one vote on me whilst there's two on you, so really the wagons are BMC and Flabort right now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2015, 05:26:24 pm »

unvote

EVERYBODY
Yes, I mean you too

I want Persus dead today. I'm not giving you any more reason than that. Either you lynch me, or you lynch Persus. Make your decision. Who do you trust?

There can only be one.
And if we lynch someone else? What then? Will you kill Persus in some other way? Should you die, do you expect your death to cause the rest of us to go after Persus?

Since you clearly are not willing to elaborate on why Persus should die, and stated you think BMC is town, could you instead say who among those on the BMC wagon are most probable scum to you and why?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2015, 05:42:24 pm »

NQT:

I don't disagree with anything you've said there. Nevertheless, this is the play I've chosen to make. Me or Persus?

If you don't disagree with what Jack said, then why aren't you doing what he suggests? Also, why are you so insistent that Persus be lynched?

Funnily enough, there's only one vote on me whilst there's two on you, so really the wagons are BMC and Flabort right now.

What do you think of the BMC and flabort wagons, then? Also, what do you think of people's suspicions on you?

flabort:
Blackmagechill: What is your take on the two current wagons; your own and NQT's?

BMC has requested replacement iirc.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2015, 05:46:27 pm »

Everyone voting BMC: What is your case for voting him?
Also- whoever stole it, you should own up to it.
Cheetar

BMC:

You vote Cheeetar for asking about role info, but then you do the exact same thing later in the same post when you ask Shakerag for role info. Why?
Because finding out what someone can do with their role is advantageous to scum, finding out if you can confirm if someone is town or not via actions isn't.
OSG:
Blackmagechill, you didn't even wait for me to respond to your vote before switching to somebody else. Put a little conviction in.

Cheeetar:You're at least putting in an effort, and I'm still thinking in terms of pressure votes. OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation, whereas you've had suspicions and questions the whole time. And are you sure it'll show up as them having two votes? Not playing is the biggest tell there is.

Shakerag:
I then play back three soundbytes  of that last part once more.
OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation
Not playing is the biggest tell there is.
Shakerag
After that, I point at my knife, then at BMC, then point at him several times more, then at one side of my lips then along my mouth over to the other side. and finally make an exaggerated shrug.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2015, 05:47:50 pm »

EBWOP: at the top of the above post there is supposed to be: I get out my phone and start playing audio recordings.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2015, 05:49:10 pm »

NQT: I didn't actually realise that was a rap till the last line. On topic though, my general rule is that whenever someone offers me an ultimatum between themselves and someone else, I pick someone else. So if you really want me to pick between yourself and Persus, I'd vote for you. I won't be doing that at the moment though because I'm still concerned that it's all part of your cunning plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

flabort, lying and OMGUSing.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2015, 05:52:25 pm »

NQT, why are you ignoring the one person with a vote on you to soapbox at people who say "Well you know my play and me, and I say I'm town, so lynch this person" is stupid?

What exactly makes you any more trustworthy than he other fifteeen people here? Why do your (unsubstantiated, unlike theirs) claims hold weight?

What do you say to the fact that the last Big New Tactic proposed in-game was scum Webadict's plot (He won)?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »

Something else occurred to me: NQT claims he knows that Persus is bad, but Persus has barely posted. He's made four(?) posts in the entire game. NQT might use a very analytical approach to finding scum, but the posts are generally beginning-of-game responses to questions. I'll take my vote off NQT when he explains how he used a tiny amount of information to get a scum read and why, based on that, we should vote for Persus rather than him.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2015, 06:07:13 pm »

Teneb
Will you kill Persus in some other way?
Heh, no...

>_>

<_<

Wh-what gave you that impression?

Should you die, do you expect your death to cause the rest of us to go after Persus?
Depends how I flip, doesn't it?

Since you clearly are not willing to elaborate on why Persus should die, and stated you think BMC is town, could you instead say who among those on the BMC wagon are most probable scum to you and why?
Actually looking at the reasons, they all seem pretty legit. I'd be voting BMC if I didn't think the structure of it seemed too much like a D1 mislynch. Given BMC's shiftiness, I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped 3rd party. Hell, maybe we should lynch him as a serial killer. But for now I'm thunderdoming Persus.

TDS
NQT:
I'm shaking!

1. If you don't disagree with what Jack said, then why aren't you doing what he suggests? 2. Also, why are you so insistent that Persus be lynched?
1. D1 there's less opportunity cost for trying something bold. If I just play by the numbers, we'll probably mislynch and I could well get nightkilled. There's time later on to play optimally. 2. Didn't you get my memo? I'm not giving reasons. I did perform a neat little rap though.

What do you think of the BMC and flabort wagons, then? Also, what do you think of people's suspicions on you?
BMC wagon is probably not a member of a mafia team given that this is Bay12 and D1. Flabort only has two unconnected votes on him, one is RVS, one is just a question for additional clarification. It's not really a wagon.

Something else occurred to me: NQT claims he knows that Persus is bad, but Persus has barely posted. He's made four(?) posts in the entire game. NQT might use a very analytical approach to finding scum, but the posts are generally beginning-of-game responses to questions. I'll take my vote off NQT when he explains how he used a tiny amount of information to get a scum read and why, based on that, we should vote for Persus rather than him.
Okay I am actually shaking now. Please remove that vote. I just want Persus lynched today and I'm not going to explain myself until sometime later. I'm not going to change my mind on this just because someone's throwing around a bit of red text.

Deus
NQT: I didn't actually realise that was a rap till the last line.
Well, you could take it as a song or a poem. It's all about the delivery really.

On topic though, my general rule is that whenever someone offers me an ultimatum between themselves and someone else, I pick someone else. So if you really want me to pick between yourself and Persus, I'd vote for you. I won't be doing that at the moment though because I'm still concerned that it's all part of your cunning plan.
The trouble with you guys is that you're a bunch of cats, impossible to herd. I guess Persus is never going to be lynched at this rate...

*despairs*

Dorsi
NQT, why are you ignoring the one person with a vote on you to soapbox at people who say "Well you know my play and me, and I say I'm town, so lynch this person" is stupid?
But I did respond! I thought we shared a moment there.

What exactly makes you any more trustworthy than he other fifteeen people here? Why do your (unsubstantiated, unlike theirs) claims hold weight?
Dude, I'm not unsubstantiated, I have a theme song.

What do you say to the fact that the last Big New Tactic proposed in-game was scum Webadict's plot (He won)?
Both scum and town can propose bold new tactics. It's not alignment indicative. What do you think to the fact no one else seems to want to lynch me? It's impossible to lynch NQT, everyone knows that.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2015, 06:12:20 pm »

NQT: Didn't parse that as being addressed to me due to lack of bold and other people demadning similat things.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2015, 06:13:41 pm »

EBWP
In response to your question: People seem pretty caught up lunching BMC. And I wouldn't exacty call two votes nobody.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2015, 07:10:06 pm »

Nope. I don't see a reason to pick a side in this argument without knowing either side's stance. It's like living in Canada in ignorance of the US political system and trying to decide which President is better.
You can read. From mine and Persus' posts and anything else you might know, who is scummier? Even without placing a vote, where's your intuition lie here?
I know what you're trying to get at with that wink, and trust me, I don't know who the scum are any more than anybody else.

As far as Persus goes, his first post is a "I'm alive" post, then a post of answers. I'm fine with his answer to my question, he doesn't like being a third party but town and scum are fine; that answer is non-indicative of his alignment. He mutters about OSG's "restriction", and he mentions that there's a possibility (numerically correct) that there are no scum voting for BMC. After that you attack him, and he replies with a defense. I don't see where your attack on him came from and have no reason to vote him.

As far as you go, so far I only trust you as far as I can throw you. You opened with a single question, and it was tied to a vote. Your activity is the same as his, so I can't be voting either of you over that; because your second post only comes mere minutes behind his. Your answers in that post are odd; particularly the second answer to my questions, second answer to Toony's questions, your answer to shakerag and second answer to BMC, and most of all your answer to Jack where you encourage townies to employ an antitown tactic; other than that, being focused on the deaths of others, the words "my wincon", and denying... something mysterious, I guess, it's all mysterious. After that, you vote Persus with no explanation, encourage blindly sheeping your vote (which sheeping is considered scummy, FYI), and deny Persus the chance to defend himself.

Hmm. I didn't want to take a side, but now I will. NQT, and then Unvote because I don't have a vote to use.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2015, 08:33:43 pm »

Gosh darn it. I thought I was almost done with my readspost but now I have to almost reavaluate it. Here goes again.

(I tries to geet eet out by tonite if posibel)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2015, 09:41:01 pm »

This is a big read post with me basically making comments on every important post the person has said in the game so far. I was unhappy with my last attempt, and to show everybody that I am working on this, I'll release it in batches. Spoilers for convenience:

blackmagechill
Cheeetar
Deus Asmoth
IronyOwl
Jack A T
Lenglon
notquitethere
Persus13
Shakerag
Teneb
TheDarkStar
Tiruin
ToonyMan
This could be you!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2015, 12:36:45 am »

You left me out of your list.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41