Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76411 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2015, 04:17:39 am »

[...]I haven't picked up anything which can really denote 'I want to kill you.'
The 'you' here is plural, by the way. There's no inhibition on my role or on my ability which affects my mindset on the hypothetical question--its purely coming from my honest knowledge on how I interact.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2015, 08:07:38 am »

One of things I've decided to trial out in this game is Secret Doctrine. My rationale for voting and my list of suspicions is best kept hidden to begin with, to avoid tipping off the scum. I'll be moving in mysterious ways. I may explain myself in later days.

On that note, let's lynch Persus13.

Don't be afraid to sheep my vote, it's golden.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2015, 09:14:34 am »

NQT, how is tipping off the scum more detrimental to your case than not giving the town the opportunity to examine your points? For that matter, how is Persus meant to address your points if you never present them in the first place?

Persus, what are your thoughts on the secret doctrine?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2015, 09:23:33 am »

NQT, how is tipping off the scum more detrimental to your case than not giving the town the opportunity to examine your points? For that matter, how is Persus meant to address your points if you never present them in the first place?
Town don't need to examine my points, I'm on their side. Persus isn't meant to address my points, he's meant to die. Keep up.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2015, 09:38:05 am »

flabort, Not yet, no.

Persus, Would you agree that it's fairly likely that there would be scum in a wagon that makes up ~a third of the players, though?
I don't know, and I'm not going to guess until after BMC gets lynched or someone else does. However, instantly assuming that the scum are bussing/bandwagoning on BMC is something that shouldn't really come into consideration about voting him unless there's a far more significant number of people voting him than 1/3 of the players.Figuring out how many scum if any were voting BMC is a good thing to do after he has flipped, but not before.

One of things I've decided to trial out in this game is Secret Doctrine. My rationale for voting and my list of suspicions is best kept hidden to begin with, to avoid tipping off the scum. I'll be moving in mysterious ways. I may explain myself in later days.

On that note, let's lynch Persus13.

Have fun with that. Glad to see that my one post is extremely scummy to warrant such a vote.[/sarcasm]

Persus, what are your thoughts on the secret doctrine?
Its fairly obvious to me that NQT is voting me because I haven't yet used my vote, low content, and the appearance that I'm not scumhunting. I'd counter that by saying my activity in Mafia has seriously dropped over the past year and that I'm just doing my D1 flail.

Town don't need to examine my points, I'm on their side. Persus isn't meant to address my points, he's meant to die. Keep up.
Well I am seriously confused, because the only way you should be this assured about killing me is that either you got a mafia inspect on me, or you're an executioner. I seriously doubt the first one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2015, 10:55:21 am »

Hard Claim: I'm not an executioner.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2015, 12:26:24 pm »

NQT, you say that we don't need to examine your reasoning (to make sure it's town-oriented) because you are town. That's circular reasoning. Also, why is Persus supposed to die?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2015, 12:41:13 pm »

Unvote Tiruin, since she showed up.

NQT, that makes no sense at all. "I can try and kill off whoever I like because I'm town and above reproach"? What?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »

I'll explain tomorrow.

*slow wink*

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »

I'll explain tomorrow.

*slow wink*

Why can't you explain it right now?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »

My rationale for voting and my list of suspicions is best kept hidden to begin with, to avoid tipping off the scum.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2015, 01:02:09 pm »

You're not a jester by any chance, are you?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2015, 01:31:50 pm »

It's possible that NQT is a jester. Jesters aren't common in Bay 12 mafia, but there are occasionally roles that win if lynched within a certain time or if they are lynched a certain way. However, Jester is a very "normal" role and webadict generally gives everyone at least one power. I'm inclined to withhold judgement until NQT gives us his promised post.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2015, 01:47:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whaaaaat are you up to NQT? This isn't like you.

Actually, town does need to examine your points; do you think we'll just accept your point of view and "sheep" it without knowing what it is? Or even accept the assumption that you are town without knowing your reasoning? Persus does need to address your points, too. It's so that he can defend himself and prove that you're wrong if he does turn out to be town.

This is so weeeeeeird.

Also, I may wind up on a weekend camping trip. Ugh. I'll let you know if it gets canceled.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2015, 02:42:57 pm »

Deus
Why don't you vote me and find out?

**bluff calling intensifies**

Flabort
Whaaaaat are you up to NQT? This isn't like you.
I like to try out different strategies. This is the Maximum Opacity Secret Doctrine Strategy. I'm relying on all of you to understand that I'm a competent player and wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have a very good reason (regardless of alignment), but also (hopefully) you'll recognise that a scum-NQT wouldn't play so recklessly. You know all about not being able to share things before their time, right?

Anyway, for now I'm happy with my Persus vote. Maybe later I'll change it, maybe I won't.

**shimmers mysteriously**

I think we'd all learn more if there were more wagons. BMC is quite likely town: most likely this is a wagon that scum are happy to let rumble until the deadline hits. They can afford to wait. These are the players who are not currently using their vote:

Tiruin
OSG
Flabort
Jack
Persus13

Use this information as you deem fit, town.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41