Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ethnically Cleansing the Elves.. or genocide  (Read 7662 times)

xXDzepniXx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ethnically Cleansing the Elves.. or genocide
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:20 am »

So, I have a huge hatred towards the elves, such a hatred that if it were me with all the elves in Dwarf Fortress, I would laugh as they were starved to death, or cut to bits. I am a Dwarf, but I am also a complete insane Dwarf-Hitler, with my own.. ideas.

So, how can I start cleansing these filthy degenerates whom I see sucking on the wellness of the Dwarf economy. How do I destroy these monsters? I wish I can put them in one hole, all of them then let them starve there until death, or better yet I can arrange killings through cutting them into bits and throwing their remains in rivers.

I have my own ideas for my cleansing of these terrible creatures, and so I have to know, how do I first make them come to me, or how do I even get them, is there a trick with caravans I'd want to do to attract them? What would I do? Help me, fellow anti-elfites.

Perhaps maybe I can put them in a 'chamber' that has disease-ridden elves and simply watch as they run out of food and have nothing to eat, starve, and let them then exploit their own kind, instead of exploiting our Dwarves. Filthy creatures they are!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:04:51 am by xXDzepniXx »

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ethnically Cleansing the Elves.. or genocide
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 12:51:06 am »

Man this elf hatred thing doesn't get old now doesn't it.

Unnoskol

• Bay Watcher
  • Stryk teh erth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 01:07:57 am »

Man this elf hatred thing doesn't get old now doesn't it.

I thought that's one of the primary driving forces of DF.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 01:18:41 am »

I think encouraging elven cannibalism in a small room with dozens of the pointy-eared bastards would be a great idea, but unfortunately only citizens of a fort ever need to eat while on your map. The best you can do from a fort is to kill the caravan several times. If you do it enough, the elves should send a siege your way, which you may then murder horribly to encourage the war between your species. I don't know if it is possible to change the war/peace condition between your civilizations, but if it is, I highly encourage you to find out.

In adventure mode, you're free to travel the whole world, finding every single one of the tree-humping cocksuckers and murdering them horribly. Extinction of an entire species is not unheard-of in Dwarf Fortress, but it does generally rely on adventure mode rather than on Fortress mode.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

xXDzepniXx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 01:21:35 am »

Aye, nonetheless I will figure something out, there's hundreds of ways to kill these degenerates, because of course this is Dwarf Fortress. Although you're correct it would be better to go to Adventure to do this type of thing, but then again..

infrequentLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 01:44:15 am »

Drop them in to a ditch from on high, and while they lay there crying over their dainty broken legs, pelt them with logs, charcoal, and ash bars until dead.  The dead tree parts would traumatize them more than throwing more of them down from higher and covering them in elf gore, what with elves being elves.  They'd get hungry before they got traumatized by impact-exploding elves landing on them.

Serious question though:  Do elves even care much if you kill the caravan?  See a fair number of folks claiming that didn't do much to irritate them.  Would clear cutting everything and offering wood bins loaded to the brim with wood crafts and generally trying to shove it in their face how much you kill wood work better?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:47:53 am by infrequentLurker »
Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Liberate te ex equus."

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 02:52:21 am »

You might want to look over the suggestions in this older thread for ideas.  I believe the final humiliation factory was a clear glass breeding pit filled with scraps of broken kitten and raining logs and soap and miasma in the middle of the dwarven dining room so dwarves could enjoy how the tears of elves made their roasts taste better.

Serious question though:  Do elves even care much if you kill the caravan?  See a fair number of folks claiming that didn't do much to irritate them.  Would clear cutting everything and offering wood bins loaded to the brim with wood crafts and generally trying to shove it in their face how much you kill wood work better?

In general, yes, elves are more offended by proof that you "murdered the trees" than your actively murdering the elves, themselves. 

In fact, due to the nature of how elves try to bring more goods than can fit on their camels, and will choose to bring cloth first, and everything else only if it fits after the cloth is packed, so it's functionally rewarded to kill the elves every now and then to strain some of the chaff.  This thread shows what they're actually trying to bring you.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 03:16:50 am »

To get more elves, you might as well start in a place where you are already at war with the elves, when you embark.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 07:42:07 am »

To get more elves, you might as well start in a place where you are already at war with the elves, when you embark.

Add BABYSNATCHER to the elven entity to start at war with them.

Tyyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 09:03:21 am »

Personally I just make a few hundred lead goblets and toys and use them as trade goods with the elves. I figure it will sort itself out in time.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 09:11:09 am »

Add BABYSNATCHER to the elven entity to start at war with them.

. . . babysnatching elves. I approve.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 02:56:53 pm »

Personally I just make a few hundred lead goblets and toys and use them as trade goods with the elves. I figure it will sort itself out in time.

Don't forget the pitchblende!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 05:26:52 pm »

If you use embarkanywhere, can you cut down their home trees and stuff? avdorfatar.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 10:38:03 pm »

If you use embarkanywhere, can you cut down their home trees and stuff? avdorfatar.

I believe you can, and then steal all their stuff, as well. (Unless there's something specific about the way that their tree houses are built that makes the game crash if you try to chop those specific trees down...)  Plus, any sieges coming in will tend to murder all them, first. 

They aren't coded to be capable of recognizing what you are doing, so as long as you don't directly attack them, or their civilization doesn't declare war on you (in which case, LOCK THE DOORS!) you basically just have a ton of zombie NPCs that sit around doing nothing and free junk lying around. (But they're elves, so they don't really have much worth stealing.) Their animals will never be yours, however, as they are "neutral" instead of "wild". 
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 08:37:06 am »

I could have a morlock/eloi situation. *grins murderously*
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.
Pages: [1] 2