Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon  (Read 20487 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon (Finally starting!)
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2015, 01:13:32 pm »

Damn, I'll have to give that Hannibal fellow a piece of my mind.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2015, 04:17:22 pm »

I'm going to work soon so I'm giving Jomon another extension.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2015, 10:04:00 pm »

Thanks for the extensions. I was negligent in not requesting them, though I suppose if I had gotten to my computer, I'd have just done my turns.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »

It's very interesting watching the Hall of Fame - since there are no prophets, they don't immediately hog all the slots, so we actually get to see some unlikely commanders bask in glory.

So... who screwed up against the indies? Topigog managed to get 3 kills, and still lives.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2015, 10:57:03 pm »

It's very interesting watching the Hall of Fame - since there are no prophets, they don't immediately hog all the slots, so we actually get to see some unlikely commanders get to bask in glory.

So... who screwed up against the indies? Topigog managed to get 3 kills, and still lives.
Probably...oh, nope, that one wasn't me.  I screwed up against Olug and Takultu.  And Azatoth.  And Ususu. 
*sigh*

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2015, 01:10:26 pm »

Giving myself an extension because I'm selfish like that.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2015, 12:15:17 am »

So, is province 38 (left most side of lowermost forest) supposed to be connected to province 16 (a cave)?  Because that seems nonsensical.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2015, 07:10:02 pm »

The cave system has many connections to the surface.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:27 pm »

Just so that you guys know, I won't be able to submit any turns until next Monday. So when the next turn comes in could I be given an extension until then? I've already submitted the current turn, so don't worry about it. It's the next one I'm worried about it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2015, 08:54:42 pm »

So, is province 38 (left most side of lowermost forest) supposed to be connected to province 16 (a cave)?  Because that seems nonsensical.
It's not in the raw version that I have, but it is in the Bay12 edit.  In the original, the only cave system exit that connects to multiple provinces is 12 (far left, connecting to both above-ground 62 and UW 30), and all above-ground exits are denoted by a cave opening.  Seems a bit odd, but it does seem like a decent way to open the middle of the map up a bit further than would be permitted by linking 57 (which is highly restricted by rivers and mountains) alone.  Otherwise, 57 aside, the majority of paths into the caves is through the rim, which turns the cavern system into a shortcut across the world almost in the same manner as a wrap-around. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:56:22 pm by Culise »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2015, 11:12:14 pm »

Just so that you guys know, I won't be able to submit any turns until next Monday. So when the next turn comes in could I be given an extension until then? I've already submitted the current turn, so don't worry about it. It's the next one I'm worried about it.
Sure.  By next Monday, do you mean 13th or the 20th?

Re: cave connections, that connection has no effect on me so I won't do anything about it unless someone cares.  Be sure to voice any complaints you have about it BEFORE it becomes relevant to gameplay.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2015, 11:21:57 pm »

Besides restart the game, I don't think there's much we can do to fix it if someone does complain.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2015, 11:29:38 pm »

House rule not to attack along that path?  IDK

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2015, 11:35:18 pm »

I guess not attacking could be enforceable, but movement of stealthy units or fliers, or even just reinforcements? Ritual spell range calculations? Territory continuity as it applies to gold or gem collection? There are too many potential headaches that come from pretending that connection isn't there.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2015, 09:54:15 pm »

That's the 13th, yeah. Sorry about the confusion.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12