Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon  (Read 20482 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon (Deciding Map)
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2015, 04:09:56 pm »

As long as I get a cave for my capital I'm happy. Yes that is the entirety of my 2 cents on map selection. I'm not very picky.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2015, 04:51:04 pm »

Well, I went and actually reviewed the map. The cave complex has a lot more connections to the surface than I initially realized, so that got rid of my biggest issue with it. I think it will serve.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2015, 05:20:01 pm »

Alright, I'll add starts, you guys design pretenders.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 08:08:04 pm »

Ok, what do you guys think of these starts?

My standards were: everyone gets preferred terrain type if I'm aware of it (couldn't find a list anywhere), everyone gets at least 4 bordering provinces, teams start close to each other, no one not on R'lyeh's team starts on a coast, and all enemies are at least 5 provinces away from each other going by land.  The only times that last rule was broken is Jomon and Pangaea are only 4 provinces away from each other and C'tis and Midgard are only 4 provinces away from each other.  Still, that's only one close enemy per team.  Also potentially objectionable is that Pangaea is the closest on their team to two different enemies but that's the logical result of being Agartha's ally IMO.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2015, 09:43:46 pm »

Well, Jomon and Arcosephale are also 4 provinces distant, but I dunno if there's a better spot so we can deal.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:21:25 pm by Karlito »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2015, 11:09:16 pm »

Oh... true.  So the only people who actually are five provinces away are Mictlan and Pangaea.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 09:40:33 pm »

Any of you have feelings about game settings? I like the usually multiplayer choices of expanded hall of fame and common events, and a bumped up magic site frequency is a pretty common preference in the Bay12 matches.

And then what about thrones? Given the size of the map we could have some distribution of 8 or 9 thrones, maybe.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 11:08:39 pm »

That all sounds good.  No story events, I was thinking 55 site occurrence because we'll all have low starting gem income and let's face it finding sites is just more fun than not finding sites.

Does anyone have a specific change they want made to the starting positions or a specific thing (or things) they think is unfair?  Because if not... I think we can start.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2015, 11:10:46 am »

Ok, I got randomly busy today and yesterday but I will post the game and the map soonish.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2015, 03:37:55 pm »

So, uh, how soon is soonish exactly?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2015, 04:16:55 pm »

As soon as this stupid thing stops giving me a "bad neighbor" error.  So like an hour.

Edit: Map works, making game
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:22:25 pm by EnigmaticHat »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2015, 04:51:49 pm »

Ok I'd like to apologize for the delay.  Some things came up in real life and I was too distracted to think about this; objectively though I did have the time.  So, sorry.

Anyway, this link should take you to the map with the custom starts, put it in your map folder.  The game is up, Bay12Dom416.  Be sure to work with your teammate in making your pretender so there are no unwelcome surprises.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:45:05 pm by EnigmaticHat »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon (Finally starting!)
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2015, 05:59:20 pm »

Great! I'll give myself until this evening to continue thinking of stupid pretender names, and then put up a submission. Everyone else has been silent in the thread the last week, but I guess I'll trust that they're following along.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2015, 09:07:38 pm »

Ok I'd like to apologize for the delay.  Some things came up in real life and I was too distracted to think about this; objectively though I did have the time.  So, sorry.

Anyway, this link should take you to the map with the custom starts, put it in your map folder.  The game is up, Bay12Dom16.  Be sure to work with your teammate in making your pretender so there are no unwelcome surprises.

The game is actually Bay12Dom416, as llamaserver just yelled at me about.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon (Finally starting!)
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »

That would be what I meant to type.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12