Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Legacy Of Heroes: Prologue. Turn 3.  (Read 6231 times)

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legacy Of Heroes: Prologue. Turn 3.
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:15:27 pm »

Medieval Fantasy RTD. I plan to make this one very open and develop storylines depending on the players' actions and develop the setting on the go. As this will be a plot-based RTD, I would highly prefer to have players that are decently literate and willing to roleplay.
 I want to make the system quite loose, so many stats will be interpreted loosely rather than provide specific bonuses to rolls. Meaning if you have a dexterity rating of 1, do not expect to dodge an arrow flying at you, no matter how good your roll may be. However the game will be quite heavy on RPG elements, so there will be plenty of chances to improve.
 The rolls themselves will be a virtual d60, ten times larger than the standard d6, because that way I can make some roll bonuses and penalties less extreme, since I feel like d6 is very uncomfortable in that regard.     
___
 The action starts in the Slayer's Fortress, home to an order known as the Silver Guard.
 The Silver Guard is a loosely organized military group that does not swear allegiance to any realm - the aim of this organization is to exterminate the enemies of humanity such as monsters and the undead. While the neutrality of the order allows them to act in any country and help those that are in need regardless of their nationality, they also are not funded by any higher political power and therefore have to take payment from those that enlist their aid, otherwise the organization couldn't exist. In that regard, they are more like mercenaries, yet the Silver Guard are still treated as heroes, simply because they are the only ones that actually manage to keep the people safe from the various monstrosities that roam in the wild.
 However, there is a darker side of the Silver Guard that is unknown to anyone other than the members of the organization itself. One does not become a member of the Silver Guard by choice - once in every ten years, the order sends agents to seek orphans in the villages and cities of the nearby realms so they could be brought to the order's headquarters and raised as warriors. However, they first undergo the Rites of Initiation, a magical ritual which imbues the future members of the Guard with great power at the cost of permanently cursing them with a hunger for the very essence of living creatures.
 It is the year 1326, exactly 800 years since foundation of the Silver Guard. A wagon approaches the Slayer's Fortress in the middle of the night, the sound of hoofbeats and crudely crafted wooden wheels silenced by the pouring. Six children sit in the wagon silent. They have been told earlier where and why they are being brought, yet they are far too young to decide if this is their path and too powerless to resist. For now, their fate is in the hands of the Silver Guard...
___
Spoiler: Character Application. (click to show/hide)

It's a bit late over here, but I had a wave of inspiration which makes me hyped to start this as soon as possible, so sorry for the bad writing. In case you're wondering, the prologue part is going to be really short and it's going to soon let your characters really branch out.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:41:19 pm by drgbf »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Of Heroes: Plot-heavy fantasy RTD. (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:24:35 pm »

Name:  Herex Rundstone
Appearance: Blueish green eyes, dark brown hair, pointed chin, large nose and high cheekbones.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Of Heroes: Plot-heavy fantasy RTD. (1/6 Players)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:46:38 pm »

Name: Alexander Vimes
Sex:Male
Appearance: Dark brown hair, brown eyes, thick eyebrows.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:41:58 pm »

Hope i will be "literate" enough for u :3
Joining if possible.
Name: Eitr Emma.
Sex: if possible woman.
Appearence: Black skin, Ofcourse she is beautiful :3, Light-Brown hair not too long, Light-Brown eyes, beautiful smile :3
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 06:03:11 pm »

Name: Landau Selenov
Sex: Male
Appearance: Black hair, dark brown eyes, thin and quite unremarkable.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »

Name: Kostadin Petrovski
Sex: Male
Appearance: Mid-length dark brown hair, brown eyes, thick eyebrows, Roman nose, light olive skin.  Tall for his age.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Of Heroes: Plot-heavy fantasy RTD. (5/6 Players)
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:33:41 pm »

Sex: if possible woman.
Of course possible, and also something I forgot to put into the character application sheet. It's quite funny how everyone did this for me, though.
 I'll do some writing once I finish all of my scheduled morning cups of coffee, perhaps I'll write better today. I'm marginally more of a morning person than an evening person.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 10:36:21 pm »

Gonna make a character. But first:

Are there races besides human?

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 10:40:36 pm »

Gonna make a character. But first:

Are there races besides human?
Sorry, not playable. Although I've not written it down, the elves will be more of a "fey kin" type than Tolkien elves and thus both too OP and too alien in motives to play, whereas dwarves will be generally very isolated, so it really only makes sense to play as a human character in the context of the plot.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 10:41:25 pm »

Humans are so booooring though.

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 10:53:02 pm »

Humans are so booooring though.
Perhaps. I think that humans are quite nice for providing contrast to other more alien races. If you really insist that much, I can let you play as something like a descendant of witches (which aren't quite human) or a human touched by spirits or something like that. Which could be different cosmetically, but have no real difference in gameplay except for most characters treating you with distrust.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 11:50:12 pm »

((out of 6 heroes could be 1 elf and dwarf, for those who want roll d60 xD
suggestion :P ))
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 12:25:38 am »

Edit: Oops. Logged into my old account which I didn't want to use anymore. I am OP. Not using this account anymore.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:27:29 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:02 am »

Ignore above post, that was awkward. As I was saying,
((out of 6 heroes could be 1 elf and dwarf, for those who want roll d60 xD
suggestion :P ))
Sorry, but not going to do this. Would make little sense in-universe.

Edit: Wrote to Kevak, said he decided that he won't play. So one spot still open.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:44:58 am by drgbf »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Kolo Urveldt
Appearance: A small girl with light blonde hair, worn in pigtails. Her eyes are brown and she frowns far too much for a healthy child.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6