Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Legacy Of Heroes: Prologue. Turn 3.  (Read 6226 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Of Heroes: Prologue. Turn 2.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 12:56:30 pm »

Guardsman Selenov had grown, his formerly thin body now more fit thanks to all of the training. He remained unremarkable however, the biggest difference being that his wavy black hair was now shoulder-length and he had acquired a preference for clothes in darker tones of blue. His mindset hadn't changed since he had arrived, a strange mix of being thankful for being given better living conditions and the knowledge his life had been turned into a path towards certain doom that at least had the side effect of seeing the concept of death more amiably.

Landau looked around and rubbed his temples, feeling slightly bad right then for not learning to cast even a simple fire bolt. Still, he felt defensive magic to be the first path he should go down, intent on mastering it despite all of its inherent complications and heavy energy usage. He was fine with not sticking out for any particular talent since he could still hone his spellcasting and combat skills further; it was only a matter of time. "I think we all know what each other is good at. I bet I will get lost the first opportunity we step into the wilderness. Who is with me?" he asked, glancing at his fellow guardsmen inquisitively.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:58:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 08:25:09 pm »

Kolo remains silent for now, one hand resting on her swordbelt as she glances between the others with a scrunched-up expression.
On the whole she looks rather less than pleased by the sudden idea of teaming up. Never having paid too much attention to her fellow trainee guards, she has little idea of their abilities, and deep down she somewhat dislikes the idea of having to share the spotlight in what was supposed to be her trial.

So, she stays quiet, waiting to see how the others will pair themselves up.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 10:53:00 pm »

With most people staying awfully silent, Landau took the time to mentally bring up each one's talents and search for someone who'd theoretically make a good match for him. His eyes moved from Eitr to Kolos to Kostadin and his gaze finally stopped on the last one. "What do you say, do you want to pair up?" he asked, trying to make quick work of that process.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 11:13:32 pm »

Kostadin had grown well.  He was still tall for his age, but tougher-looking.  Also, he was growing a beard.  It was a good beard, particularly for a teen.

He nodded in response to Landau's question.  "I see no reason why not.  You're Landau, right?  Any thoughts on our destination?"

OOC: It looks like we all have 50 MP less than we should, as if our first point of spellcasting isn't being accounted for in the 100+(spellcasting*50) MP calculation.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 11:18:48 pm »

He nodded in response to Landau's question.  "I see no reason why not.  You're Landau, right?  Any thoughts on our destination?"

"Yes, Landau Selenov." the teen replied before shaking his head slightly from side to side in response to Kostadin's question. "Not really. Do you have any information on them?" he asked with a measure of hope his lack of outside knowledge could maybe be remedied with any information his partner might have had.
>Yes?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 11:27:22 pm »

Kostadin pauses to think for a second before responding, "I don't recall, no.  Any town's fine with me.  I'm Kostadin, by the way.  Kostadin Petrovski."

Work with Landau
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 11:37:15 pm »

"Notandar, then." he said for no particular reason aside from the fact it would be more expedient to make a choice and to get on with it. Judging by how little all of the other guardsmen knew of the outside world, there was no possibility of careful planning - that would have to wait until they saw the board and began worrying about which job to pick.

Working with Kostadin. Check if we'll be given at least basic supplies, including lamps and oil - both for lighting and to set enemies on fire if necessary.
>Yes?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2015, 11:50:29 pm »

"Alright.  So, what exactly is it you do?" Kostadin looked over the other teens, all with their longswords and leather vests.  "I mean, I know you use a sword, but so does almost everyone else.  What is it that you can contribute to this hunt that the rest can't?"
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 01:14:09 am »

Landau shrugged. "I use defensive magic." He wasn't exactly surprised Kostadin didn't know about his specialty; it was not like his skills were being shouted to the four winds anyway. "Any reason for the business-like tone of someone seeking a good house servant?"
>Yes?

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 02:02:02 am »

E.E. was fast on thoughs, shouts to Kolo Urveldt: "Hey!" When she came closer to girl, Emma took her aside of a whole group then continued: "How about making girls squad? we both are quite smart and strong so why not leave boys on their own and get going?" Even that she did that though Emma was too expressive and probbly everyone heard her.

Emma was exited on the first mission, and wanted to start as fast as possible! So girl would be perfect match.
Her look stayed same, exept now she had red lips in addituon to her nature beauty :3
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:06:09 am by Delekates »
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 02:11:19 am »

((Also why do some people have 14 attributes and others 16. Did you roll for it?))
((The ones with higher attributes tend to have less skills and also intelligence is treated as a slightly less valuable attribute than strength and dexterity because it can't compensate for a lack of raw power. I didn't roll any dice for this, but I tried to make the character balanced. Which was not always easy because some people wanted their characters to excel at more fields than others. It will even out with time because you gain attributes by killing things and you can develop your skills.
 I'll do some writing a bit later and leave a window for some more RP before I post turn 3. Writing these can be a little tiring when English is your second language. Also,

OOC: It looks like we all have 50 MP less than we should, as if our first point of spellcasting isn't being accounted for in the 100+(spellcasting*50) MP calculation.
I worded that incorrectly. It should be +50 for each level of spellcasting beyond the first. Humans that don't posses even a level of spellcasting can not produce mana at all, so level I spellcasting gives you the base 100 mana.))

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 05:05:50 am »

((English is your second language! That's impressive.))

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2015, 05:09:28 am »

((English is your second language! That's impressive.))
((My last high school exam will be on June 10th, then I plan to study English at a local university. It's pretty much the only thing that I'm good at, to be honest.
 That said, I consult the dictionary a lot when writing for this RTD because I still have plenty of those "does this word mean what I think it means" sort of moments.))
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 05:11:10 am by drgbf »

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2015, 05:54:43 am »

((yea using english as second language is hard  :'( ))
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 09:58:05 am »

((english is my second language too))

Herex nudges Alexander in the ribs Go with you.

((Also why do some people have 14 attributes and others 16. Did you roll for it?))

Alexander flinches as he's poked in the ribs by the younger guardsman.

"Eh? Oh, sure thing, we can team up. I hope you're good with a blade, because I'm terrible at actually fighting. I was thinking about going to Vinril, because it's the only town in the empire. I mean, kingdoms are cool and all, but empires just have that je ne sai quoi, you know? What do you say?" He responds.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:12:50 am by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6