Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Splatoon: You're a kid, but you are also in fact a squid  (Read 9522 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon: You're a kid, but you are also in fact a squid
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 08:44:41 pm »

I would like to ask a philosophical question to the collective uncounscious of this intriguing message board.
Can you be MLG on a Nintendo game?

Competitive Smash Bros
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 08:47:41 pm »

I would like to ask a philosophical question to the collective uncounscious of this intriguing message board.
Can you be MLG on a Nintendo game?

Competitive Smash Bros

Here I was picturing people 360 no-painting, making montages and drinking mountain dew..and you crushed it.
Oh, well. I tried.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 02:26:50 am »

That is brilliant

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 10:34:33 am »

Somebody that makes chiptune podcasts just published an album that seems relevant to this thread.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 01:56:05 pm »

After watching my brother play through this, I have to say that it is my favorite post-apocalyptic dystopian shooter. And yes, it is somehow all of those things.

Wait, is it actually? I can picture some kind of silly squids-becoming-friends-and-taking-over-the-world kind of a thing going on here.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 06:36:39 pm »

so there was a big update

you can play ranked matches with friends now

also gatling gun

>gatling gun

Who bucket brigade here? These things kick tail.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 09:08:55 pm »

i actually can't seem to bring myself to use anything but the splattershot jr

i just love the whole infighting weapon+bubbler combo
This.

I stack special charge and special duration on my gear (I had to reroll quite a bit), but it's worth it for those times when you save your entire time from getting annihilated from a well-placed killer wail or when some roller's following behind you and you pop it on the last moment.

Blaster doesn't have mines, unless you're talking about the Rapid Blaster.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 09:15:32 pm »

Slosher + damage ups and special charge ups will make everyone sad. Inkstrikes every 30 seconds and splats before even the laggiest japanese friend can realize whats happening.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 03:57:20 am »

Who Team Marshmallow here? Because i'm getting dominated by Hotdogs every single game. So many e-liters on Hotdog. Christ.

-edit-

ayy lmao 36 win streak. Get dunked Hotdogs, bucket brigade is shockingly good.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:19:56 am by Aedel »

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 10:41:46 am »

who would pick hotdogs over marshmallows ever

people with wrong opinions, that's who

Good players. Almost every single win is Hotdog according to Reddit and 4chan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 05:44:38 am »

nngnhhhHHHHWANT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 11:32:37 am »

shit, spaltfests are only 2 days long?

i figured i'd play seriously after i finished working this weekend, but it's already over

You missed the greatest Splatfest man. I was so sure Marshmallows was gonna win, but then Marshmallows apparently started to reap in win after win against Team Marshmallow. Marshmallow had popularity though, so Marshmallow was definitely gonna win anyway. But Marshmallow could have pulled through. Man, that was a great Marshmallow vs Marshmallow Splatfest.

Wait, there were Hotdogs out there?

Pages: 1 [2]