Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Journey through the Multiverse: IC. New Arrivals in Ravnica  (Read 8768 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Journey through the Multiverse: IC. New Arrivals in Ravnica
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2015, 10:01:29 pm »

((Oh hey, just the card I wanted!))
Demise channels black mana and summons Typhoid Rats!
   "Experience the wrath of Havengul rats."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2015, 10:06:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demise summons a Typhoid Rat. It looks menacingly at the enemy.

It is now Jeff's turn. He draws Lightning Bolt and adds it to his memory.

((Pn, what's currently in your hand, for my reference.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2015, 10:07:36 pm »

Markus apparently finds this particularly amusing, if the sudden "Ha-ha!" is to indicate anything, and fixes the arrester with a grin
"Oh, don't be silly! I'm crazy, not a criminal! ...actually is it illegal to be crazy here? I've quite forgot! No, wait, I've never been here before. Oh well! Surely an up-suh-tanding member of the law like you can help me out? I'm just an unexpected guest is all!

If I were a criminal there would be ghosts, zombies, and... And cats! Cat singular actually. I never did keep track of my forbidden all-corrupting magic. Oh well! ...also if you attack me you'll slip. Just sayin'."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2015, 10:14:48 pm »

Spoiler: Demise's Hand (click to show/hide)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:04 pm »

"Oh, forbidden arts then?! Are you in league with the Dimir? or are you with the Golgari? Either way your under arrest!" Seem's he's itchin' for a fight.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2015, 10:35:18 pm »

"Dimir? Golgari? Are those vampire clans? I'll have you know I'm... Was?... a Cathar! Aaanyway. Don't say I didn't tell ya."

And then some decidedly black mana was channeled, and the Arrester would find his footing somewhat precarious. At least Markus stuck his foot out to catch the man's head before it cracked against the ground: He wanted to take the man out of the fight, not necessarily kill him.

If I can pull off a speed roll, Tragic Slip the Arrester.
Spoiler: Markus (click to show/hide)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2015, 10:50:49 pm »

Spoiler: Added People (click to show/hide)

As Markus causes the Azorius Arrester to enter the battle, Mira becomes Detained by the arrester, who was tripping at the time he used the ability.

It is still Jeff's turn.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2015, 11:34:50 pm »

With his senses actually returning to him after the initial burst of blinding adrenaline, all that Varkahkl could think was: Gods damn the Azorius Senate. He watched all the trouble his - as well as his companions' - sudden teleportation had caused and sighed, wondering what his acquaintances would say when they discovered the kind of trouble he was getting into with the law.

At least he was alone in that workshop - he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if the explosion had killed someone... Which reminded him he had been working during the night. Either that teleportation was the slowest one to ever happen or he had grown too immersed in the fire of the forge.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2015, 12:28:17 am »

Jeff is gonna confuse the hell out of these people.

Spell logic time, since goddamn these instants.

If a melee enemy tries to engage, blast them with Lightning Bolt. If Melee occurs, esp. With multiple attackers, drop Keep Watch. Draw green mana to one below cap to facilitate that (I believe my cap is well below my draw, IIRC)

In the meantime, tap a Burd to summon Wizzerd.

Spoiler: hand (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2015, 12:42:27 am »

((You still have Counterspell in hand. Turn soonish.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2015, 07:46:31 am »

Spoiler: The list goes on! (click to show/hide)

Jeff draws mana from the birds of Paradise, and summons his Apprentice Wizard.

New Prahv Guildmage 1 draws upon his mana and the land's and casts Accumulated Knowledge. He draws three mystery cards.

Azorius Arrester 3 recovers from his weakness, but takes 1 damage from the effects. He draws upon his mana, and summons his Azorius First-Wing to assist him.

New Prahv Guildmage 2 appears to do the same things as the first Guildmage. He casts Accumulated Knowledge and draws 4 mystery cards.

It is now Ligeia's Turn. She draws Lure and adds it to memory.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:50:01 am by Sanure »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2015, 08:44:00 am »

While drawing in her fill of mana, Ligeia kept a close watch on the happenings around her. These mages would be the first to go.

A gutural hiss drones out from the gorgon, and in response the Ambush Viper makes its way towards engaging the Second Guildmage, whereas the Chosen of Pharika slithers away to pierce its fangs into the Third Guildmage.
Should their teeth find their marks, so would their respectable poison, or so the snake's mistress hoped.

Intent on wreaking as much havoc as possible, Ligeia then channels 2 Black Mana towards Casting Smother; Targeting the First Guildmage.

To avoid the possiblity of becoming trapped, the rest of her 3 Mana are spent on activating her Cloak and Dagger.

Spoiler: Ligeia (click to show/hide)
Edit: Changed the links to images of the Cards themselves
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:25:51 pm by escaped lurker »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:08 am »

Ligeia commands her snakes to attack their respect targets!

Ambush Viper attacks New Prahv Guildmage 2, who both end up dying. Lilly is freed from the Detention Sphere!

Pharika's chosen slithers over to New Prahv Guildmage 3, who ends up getting bit and killing the Pharaka's chosen. Both die! Livi is set free!

Ligeia casts smother on New Prahv Guildmage 1, who was utterly unprepared all of his oxygen being forcible removed from his lungs as he suffocates. He dies as well, freeing the mysterious man!

Ligeia's Cloak and Dagger becomes active!

It is now Varkahl's turn. He draws Arcane teachings.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:40:40 am by Sanure »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2015, 11:49:34 am »

Lilly stretched as she emerged from the bubble into the battle around her, her eyes quickly darting from place to place. Seeing that most of the attention was focused upon the other people who had arrived here she began to move down the alleyway once again. Not wanting to transform unless she absolutely had too.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2015, 01:07:14 pm »

Varkahl hesitated for a moment as he prepared to cast another spell - he didn't want to fight the Azorius like that. No matter if they were all jerks, the smith didn't feel right to go around killing people, confusing newly-gained powers or not. Still... Those self-righteous assholes could have been reasonable instead of charging innocent people with killing intent. He felt more pressed to protect the ones who had been tossed in the same bag as him than escaping and leaving them to fend off - if one of them was killed, it'd be his fault.

"Couldn't you just leave us alone?" he groaned, red energy coursing over his body once more in a flurry of sparks and lightning arcs and beginning to form a fist of metal and magma. "Just leave us be, really. I'm telling you, this is your last warning." he said to the last Arrester, furrowing his brow under the goggles.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:17:46 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11