Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 833278 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6855 on: May 01, 2017, 10:15:56 pm »

I like the helmet, the rest of the armor is silly and makes me sad.

Well... Warhammer was always a rule of cool... and takes place in a universe where rule of cool actually means something

Or rather... It is a universe where racing stripes really does make your car go faster.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: May 02, 2017, 12:38:35 am »

What are you guys talking about? The helmet is the best part. And it's not even showing the variants covered in dead animals that's in the link's gallery.

I like the helmet, the rest of the armor is silly and makes me sad.

Well... Warhammer was always a rule of cool... and takes place in a universe where rule of cool actually means something

Or rather... It is a universe where racing stripes really does make your car go faster.

It's an the Elder Scrolls armour,  not a Warhammer/40K one.
Love, scriver~

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: May 02, 2017, 01:16:24 pm »

There really needs to be a settlement between Hangman's Alley and Jamaica Plains. The hike between the two is straight through central Boston and it's a nightmare on Survival mode. Gunners, Raiders, Ghouls, Super Mutants and more all waiting to pop out and send me back to my bed.

I think Boston Common would be a great spot for a settlement. Just clear Swan and it's got everything you could want!

There's a mod that adds a settlement called Evan's Way, near that raider outpost close to Diamond City in the cul-de-sac. It's packaged in a pretty cool collection of added settlements now.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16432/?

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: May 03, 2017, 07:15:50 am »

Are there any well made voiced companion mods out there? Of Sofia, Inigo or Mirai from Skyrim quality?
I've installed Vex and Laura from Nexusmods, but I'm not really happy with them.
Vex was kinda bad and half bugged. She has been constantly warping around, her dialogue is bad and even her "dismiss" option is bugged for me.

Laura was disappointing right out of the gate, when her recruiting dialogue was a less eloquent version of:
You: "Hey, wanna hang out."
Her: "Sure, whatevs."
And she has been kinda meh so far. Also some quests have bugged out, and apparently that is somehow her fault (if I've read the commentary on her correctly).

I have also installed Ellen, but I must admit I have not tried her out yet, beyond picking her up and sending her to Red Rocket to wait her turn.
Her introduction was good, but I wanted to stick with Laura for a little longer to see if it gets better.

Are there any other companions I should try?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: May 03, 2017, 07:39:10 am »

I rarely ever have companions with me.
They tend to get in the way and dislike the choices I make.
Except for Dogmeat. And Valentine's my bro. Even if they make me get stuck in tiny spaces and walk into traps like they own the place.

As for custom companions? To be honest, I haven't checked.
If my experience with companion mods for Skyrim serves me right, they are mostly not that interesting.. With a very few exceptions.

edit: Found the cutest little follower ever!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:07:32 am by Ultimuh »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: May 03, 2017, 10:51:17 am »

One thing I don't like about at least some companions is that they are walking cliches.

I mean they are really well developed and everything, but it gets jarring to have this wacky reporter (definitely wacky) talking about the free press and going all something-something-amendment in the middle of a nuclear crater. Or the "gumshoe" guy with all those private eye quotes... it's like I'm walking around with characters from 80's TV sitcoms.

If I'm in the wasteland, I'd rather my companions were wasteland people that think like wasteland people and do wastelandy things... I don't want to travel with some Formula 1 driver telling me about engines and pit stops, anchorman Ron Burgundy or the entire cast of Full House. So "dime novel private eye" and "reporter on behalf of the concerned citizens" fell super out of place too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: May 03, 2017, 12:17:23 pm »

That is because Fallout 4 is a parody of a parody of a parody at this point.

It is actually the most annoying part about Fallout 4... pretty much period. (Well, outside the mechanics, glitches, poor plot, poor pacing, poor balancing...)

By the time we get to Fallout 6 Nuka Cola will probably be glowing green and say "Now with 50% less cancer"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:19:32 pm by Neonivek »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: May 03, 2017, 12:56:17 pm »

I'm a sucker for Ava. Personality is awesome, since she's totally okay with me picking up random crap instead of whining about it like half the other companions, and her abilities in combat really shine when you invest into robot mods. Plus in Survival mode, she's basically essential to improve your carrying capacity. My mods on her let me add nearly 500 lbs of weight on her before she caps out.

Evan's Way is a good spot for a settlement! Close to Diamond City and Goodneighbour, south side of central Boston, and I like it aesthetically more than Hangman's Alley. Never did like the fact you can't remove those corpses from the eastern side entrance.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: May 03, 2017, 01:01:20 pm »

I've been using Red Rocket Settlements, it turns all of the Red Rockets into smallish full-build settlements.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: May 03, 2017, 03:51:11 pm »

A rather new mod have been released for the game.
Cross Crit Gore-verhaul (Punny name, I know.)

It basically turns humanoid enemies into skeletal remains when killed with a critical hit from lasers, alien lasers, plasma, and fire. (Death Claws too!)
Everything else just turns to vanilla ash or goop though.

edit: A recent update included dogs as well!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:19:27 pm by Ultimuh »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: May 22, 2017, 02:07:00 pm »

Original joke. 10/10
Black lives matter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: July 06, 2017, 01:44:56 pm »

Has anyone tried doing Nuka world first and then saving the Minutemen in Concord? I think I will on my next playthrough.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6868 on: July 06, 2017, 03:12:47 pm »

I'd be interested in knowing if it scaled down properly for you. Let me know how it goes please!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: July 06, 2017, 03:46:43 pm »

Has anyone tried doing Nuka world first and then saving the Minutemen in Concord? I think I will on my next playthrough.
I know I've seen someone on Youtube do it with a level one character.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 462