Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 833269 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6825 on: April 06, 2017, 09:13:11 pm »

General, another store needs our help.

Here
I'll
mark
it
on
your
map

I actually felt triggered when he said that...I finally got over Post Preston Traumatic Disorder..I was already just taking his lines as a meme..but they are real.
First playthough I wasted so much time with those quests thinking they were part of some storyline..

And I'm still having fun with Horizon + War of the Commonwealth. It gets a weird balance as Horizon doesn't really expect you to get a Gatling Laser at Level 5, but having gear from WotC encounters doesn't mean anything when you can't even make good use for them, or have enough ammo for more than a battle or two.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: April 07, 2017, 03:02:51 pm »

Hey, does anyone have any ideas for fun, quirky builds one can play with? I think I need something new to spice up my playing.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: April 08, 2017, 01:17:26 am »

Have you already tried a junky chemhead build? I highly recommend investing into chem usage if you've never tried that playstyle before. Soon enough you'll be hoarding bottles of whiskey and hubflowers before you head into town, then knocking back Grape Mentats with a bottle of beer, putting on your suit, fashionable glasses and trilby and smooth-talking everyone into maximum rewards. Then you walk over to the local raider nest, down a bottle of bufftats, shoot some psychobuff, huff some jet fuel and spend the next eight to twenty-four minutes as a walking death machine.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: April 08, 2017, 01:39:58 am »

I did junky chemhead. You're going to want that mod that lets you use stuff immediately off a table, floor/whatever. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17945/?
TBH I really want a mod that lets me set a quickmenu or hotkey to consume a random chem from inventory. Or food, or equip random weapon, etc.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: April 08, 2017, 01:42:46 am »

Hehe, now I'm imagining a kender mod where you get occasionally get stuff off anyone or any surface you're too close to.

Of course, the 3D Fallout justice system is a piece of shit.
Oblivion and Skyrim aren't so bad, honestly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: April 09, 2017, 09:23:15 am »

There really needs to be a settlement between Hangman's Alley and Jamaica Plains. The hike between the two is straight through central Boston and it's a nightmare on Survival mode. Gunners, Raiders, Ghouls, Super Mutants and more all waiting to pop out and send me back to my bed.

I think Boston Common would be a great spot for a settlement. Just clear Swan and it's got everything you could want!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: April 12, 2017, 02:08:23 am »

Everyone ever had issues with settlers pathing between setllements? Even back on release, I'd order settlers to move to another settlement and they would immediately get moving.
Now I order them and they just stand still, brain dead.
I'm wondering if some mod breaks them, they seem derpier than vanilla.

PS: Horizon has reached 1.0 and Sim Settlements also has a new update. Wooo
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:13:04 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: April 12, 2017, 03:57:13 am »

I'm not sure if it's what you mean, but for my part settlers often hung around idle/sandboxing for an unknown after telling them to move. I usually just went on and at some time they'd update their behaviour as well.

Route-makers always started routing pretty much immediately iirc, though.
Love, scriver~

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: April 12, 2017, 04:05:01 am »

More or less like that, but there was a dude that stood brain dead for around 2h (real time), I went on exploring and he was still standing in the same place in Red Rocket, looking at nothing. Then I .moveto player him to the Sanctuary bridge, and an hour or so later he was down at the river shore looking at nothing. Most settlers were behaving pretty derpy like that.

Updating both Sim Settlements and Horizon seems to have fixed it - settlers seem less derpy and when ordering them to move, they do it immediately. I'm not sure any mods touched anything, it might've been load order (as LOOT load order actually breaks some stuff for me).

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: April 12, 2017, 05:51:44 am »

Once I finish this game I might give Survival Horizons a go. Because stacking misery on top of misery seems like a dorfy thing to do.

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: April 15, 2017, 08:46:15 am »

Does anyone have any idea of the recommended level for goiing to Far Harbor for the first time? Was unlucky and my first Quartermastery quest is at The Island yet I haven't even been into Boston proper. :-\

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: April 15, 2017, 08:59:55 am »

I've only ever gone there on Survival and for that I'd recommend around level 20-ish. Make sure you stock up on healing items.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: April 27, 2017, 04:28:46 pm »

I am currently looking for a mod, that I swear I have seen before but somehow cannot find any more.
Specifically a mod which adds a power armor or something, that looks like the Power Loader from the Aliens franchise.
But as I stated above.. I cannot find find that mod anywhere even though I KNOW I have seen such a mod before.
And before anyone mentions it, this mod isn't quite like the one I though I once have seen. But it will have to do i suppose.

I'm just posting this here, in case anyone might know what could have happened to that mod.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:32:20 pm by Ultimuh »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: April 27, 2017, 04:31:07 pm »

Edit: That's the only one I've seen that looks anything like the Power Loader, so I guess I can't help you afterall.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:32:47 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: April 27, 2017, 04:32:54 pm »

The Constuction Power Armor, it comes in two varieties, a standalone with just the armor, and in Commonwealth Scavvers.  Just search 'construction power armor' on the Nexus and it's the only thing that pops at all.
What? Really? I thought about it but.. Huh.. Maybe I remembered things all wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 462