Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831993 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6330 on: September 13, 2016, 02:54:40 am »

Chris Avellone is an amazing writer, old world blues was hilarious and probably the most well written of all the DLCs. I hated Dead Money, don't remember how good the writing was on tht. Shame that Avellone left Obsidian so if we get a New Vegas 2 he probably won't be a part of it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: September 13, 2016, 02:55:50 am »

Chris Avellone is an amazing writer, old world blues was hilarious and probably the most well written of all the DLCs. I hated Dead Money, don't remember how good the writing was on tht. Shame that Avellone left Obsidian so if we get a New Vegas 2 he probably won't be a part of it.

Honest Hearts was one that had a lot of potential but was apparently butchered.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: September 13, 2016, 05:34:53 am »

Apparently Chris Avellone is working for Bethesda now (sort of). I was looking for news on where he is these days (I had completely forgotten he left Obsidian) and found this. Maybe part of a deal to get to make more Fallout games?
Love, scriver~

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: September 13, 2016, 05:50:05 am »

Dead Money was pretty well-written IMO.
Black lives matter.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: September 13, 2016, 06:09:15 am »

The only thing I don't care much for Chris Avellone is how obsessed he is with Fallout just remaining a cesspit of non-civilization, preferring things never advance back to the civilization era, alongside that of being a bit darker then most care for I believe.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: September 13, 2016, 06:46:30 am »

Slightly off topic but yesterday i found a small app that allows me to ,isten to all fallount soundtrack/radio and i must say after listening to fallout 1-2 music MAN... what have they done sonce fallout 3..... the immersion and atmosphere fallout 1-2 had is gone.......

Now next yime i fire up these fallout game illl so lusten to fallout 1-2 music....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: September 13, 2016, 07:36:17 am »

I personally really like the writing of dead money. Second to OWBs, of course, but far superior to HH (and LR never worked for me log enough to finish it).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: September 13, 2016, 07:42:29 am »

From watching a play through, I agree that the writing of Dead Money was quite good. The gameplay, what with the radios, corrosive clouds, resurrecting enemies and unkillable holograms, seemed very frustrating though. Maybe it was meant as a really steep hill to emphasis how far people will go for greed and revenge.

Honest Hearts seemed interesting but kind of short on development. Lonesome Road had a nice setting with the Divide but didn't seem to succeed with making the player care about what happened.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: September 13, 2016, 08:29:16 am »

The feeling when actually really like Cyrodiil despite the lack of jungle, like a heretic.

Honestly, if the world was a fairer place, Obsidian would get another stab at making a Fallout game. They do a better job at it, by and large. They'd be quids in the moment it was announced. The environments would be a lot more flat and drab, perhaps, but they are better at making them matter.

Also in honesty, as the years has gone by, I've felt more and more like an intruder in the Fallout circle. I am a Nirn boy, and I've really come to understand why the lads at No Mutants Allowed are like they are. I didn't play the original Fallouts when they were relatively fresh, as it happens. I didn't know English at the time, which is rather the handicap when you try to play those games. I appreciate their charm, but I don't really like to play them even today, when I can. It might simply be too late, or maybe I'm just too shallow. Hence the feeling of intrusion, like I'm a settler that has muscled in on the native's land and just now thought about it.

To chin myself up; Dogmeat. I love that dog. The game thrusts other companions in your arms every chance it gets, but I'll stand by Dogmeat. Even when he herds up every monster in the neighbourhood I was hoping to sneak past. Even though his main contribution to a lot of battles is lying around whimpering in the thick of it. Even when he runs through the pile of guff I was scrapping and scattering the lot before the winds and aaarrrgh, Dogmeeeaaat..!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6339 on: September 13, 2016, 09:06:30 am »

I left dogmeat at some settlement in my latest playthrough, forget which one. I've never seen the appeal. Guess I'm not a dog person.

It would be interesting to see Obsidian take on the fallout franchise again but I honestly really enjoyed the new fallouts more than the originals. I've spent WAY more time on them as well.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: September 13, 2016, 10:34:12 am »

From watching a play through, I agree that the writing of Dead Money was quite good. The gameplay, what with the radios, corrosive clouds, resurrecting enemies and unkillable holograms, seemed very frustrating though. Maybe it was meant as a really steep hill to emphasis how far people will go for greed and revenge.

Honest Hearts seemed interesting but kind of short on development. Lonesome Road had a nice setting with the Divide but didn't seem to succeed with making the player care about what happened.
Dead money had an excellent story, but the gameplay is a fucking awful forced-stealth bullshit slog.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: September 13, 2016, 01:00:15 pm »

Am I the only one who actually liked playing dead money...? I really hate having to defend myself whenever this comes up. I can't say why, but I just like it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: September 13, 2016, 01:04:30 pm »

I liked Dead Money because it was different enough from the main game to be a refreshing change of pace, unlike Lonesome Road or to some extent Honest Hearts, which felt like continuations of the main game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: September 13, 2016, 01:05:08 pm »

Yay! There's like. Dozens of us who liked it :P

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: September 13, 2016, 01:11:43 pm »

You know, I thought NV sucked compared to 3.

The story was... Boring? (not quite the right word, but I didn't like it much), the DLC was terrible (3's DLC was generally OK, but not great. Except Broken Steel, that was awesome), the map design was just bad (invisible walls all over the place? why?).

I hope Obsidian never gets another chance at a Fallout game.

F4 has issues (the new dialog system sucks, amoung other things), so I really hope TES 6 takes a page from F3, Skyrim, or Oblivion instead of F4 (morrowind wasn't that great, the story and world were cool, but the gameplay suffers from age).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 462