Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831290 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6030 on: May 06, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »

You wish dude. Bethesda will never take it out of USA. You're more likely to get Fallout Florida than Fallout Europe.
Y'know what *I* want to see?
Fallout China
I mean c'mon, its a freakin OBVIOUS setting. Its like literally the only other world power mentioned in the series :P
And if they take it there Bethesda can do whatever stupid plot for stupidheads they want without jackbooting all over our precious canon!

The hilarious part is Fallout China would probably be immedately banned in China.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: May 06, 2016, 07:41:48 pm »

I think I read on a Fallout wiki that the only mention of Russia is in the backstory for one of the Fallout 1 character presets.  And it's just "her family was Russian".

Canada has some significant backstory importance (being annexed by MERICAN POWAH AMOUR), but other than that, I can't think of any other countries being mentioned...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: May 06, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »

I'm still holding out for a Fallout set in Canada, it's not too unreasonable I think, especially considering they mentioned Toronto in the Pitt DLC.

But it'll probably never leave the States. They'll have another one in Washington before they even consider doing one elsewhere.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: May 06, 2016, 08:05:09 pm »

So I have to turn to modding to get my Chinese fix eh?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: May 06, 2016, 08:14:49 pm »

So I have to turn to modding to get my Chinese fix eh?
It's okay. Just imagine Sleeping Dogs is actually Fallout Hong Kong. See, the only country that got obliterated was the US. Everyone else was fine and entered a new golden age together of peace and prosperity. Just no one has bothered to tell the states or help them or do anything. Once in awhile they drop their deformed science experiments in the states.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: May 06, 2016, 08:24:08 pm »

I have a rather strong prediction for the next Elder Scroll game. I imagine, it'll either bet set in the far past, where Man was just starting to colonize the main continent, or it'll be this continent colonizing somewhere else. As this'll be a strong thematic tie to have the inclusion of the settlement system.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: May 06, 2016, 08:40:37 pm »

I have a rather strong prediction for the next Elder Scroll game. I imagine, it'll either bet set in the far past, where Man was just starting to colonize the main continent, or it'll be this continent colonizing somewhere else. As this'll be a strong thematic tie to have the inclusion of the settlement system.

But time is cyclical in Eldar Scrolls.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: May 06, 2016, 10:02:37 pm »

The only thing related to Russia in my fallout 4 play through is my survival characters name being Natasha. Though she goes by Tasha which codsworth doesn't seem to have the capability to pronounce. I should have gone with Furiousa.
Yesterday Tasha got stuck in rubble at the Comms array near fort Hagan. Some Spetsnaz ninja she turned out to be. I would have liked to be able to use console commands to hack her out, but survival :(
Rip.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: May 06, 2016, 11:56:18 pm »

I really don't get all the 'Put the next Fallout in X country!' stuff, there are no fleshed out or even described groups operating outside of the old U.S., hell we've got pretty much no information on Mexico or any of Canada and they're right next door.  If Bethesda placed a game outside of the States there would be almost nothing to link the games together, maybe a couple weapons and possibly some T-51, because hell knows how people would react to 'Suddenly BoS in France!' or whatever.  It's a game series set in the wreckage of the U.S., we're not asking someone to put Stalker or Metro to be put in the States, why are you demanding that Fallout be moved out of them?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: May 07, 2016, 12:15:25 am »

Because yes they do though. Canada's been annexed and has some known cities in the wasteland. People want to go to somewhere other than USA with the same old propaganda and perspective. I can't blame them considering I am one of them.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: May 07, 2016, 12:21:23 am »

We know the post apocalypse name of ONE Canadian city, we know nothing about who operates there, what forces are at work, why any existing faction would care, what major companies were in operation in the area, NOTHING to make a clear parallel except for ONE DAMN NAME.  We can infer that Ronto was probably occupied by U.S. soldiers at the time of the apocalypse, but we don't know ANYTHING else, this does not make for any form of linking narrative.

Of course, maybe you LIKE 'thesda cutting and pasting factions from other places so they don't have to think.  It worked so well for F3.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:24:29 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: May 07, 2016, 01:15:01 am »

...So we just put it in the same place over and over and over and over again. Yep, that won't get old! :DDDDDD
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: May 07, 2016, 01:22:09 am »

america is a very big place

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: May 07, 2016, 01:39:44 am »

But then we'd need to write new factions. Like we would for literally any new location, and thus wouldn't need to copy-paste old ones.

weird how that works, huh
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: May 07, 2016, 02:15:28 am »

I really don't get all the 'Put the next Fallout in X country!' stuff, there are no fleshed out or even described groups operating outside of the old U.S., hell we've got pretty much no information on Mexico or any of Canada and they're right next door.  If Bethesda placed a game outside of the States there would be almost nothing to link the games together, maybe a couple weapons and possibly some T-51, because hell knows how people would react to 'Suddenly BoS in France!' or whatever.  It's a game series set in the wreckage of the U.S., we're not asking someone to put Stalker or Metro to be put in the States, why are you demanding that Fallout be moved out of them?

I'm with you there, for me Fallout is very much a story about post-apocalyptic US. Moving Fallout to another country would seem kinda wrong. Like suddenly turning the Elder Scrolls into sci-fi, or making Mass Effect a WWII RTS. Sure, it might make a good game in it's own right but it wouldn't be Fallout to me. Of course, I'm also of the opinion that Fallout 3 and 4 are barely Fallouts anyway so I guess it'd fit right into the trend that Bethesda's got going :)
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 462