Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831187 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5985 on: May 04, 2016, 02:12:35 pm »

I wish I could go back in time and not watch it. Also go back in time and avoid some of the spoilers for this game in this thread. I'm still extremely pissed off at MrWiggles for spoiling the entire game. Fuck you MrWiggles. Fuck you with a rake.

And don't give me any lip about how "oh it's so obvious" and "anyone could have seen it coming". Yeah, this may not be Game of Thrones but some of us still have expectations about the story. You fucking ruined the entire game and I hate you eternally.

* Ultimuh slowly backs out of this thread.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: May 04, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »

He did this. Don't click if you don't want spoilers.

At that point I was only halfway through the game.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: May 04, 2016, 02:42:12 pm »

He did this. Don't click if you don't want spoilers.

At that point I only halfway through the game.

Already been there and done that.
But yeah, that was a very big mistake by him. However unintentional it might have been.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:12:13 pm by Ultimuh »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: May 04, 2016, 03:10:34 pm »

And if your the Fallout 4 protagonist... Everything needs to be spoilered :P because everything flies by your head.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: May 04, 2016, 04:54:25 pm »

I'm not sure what the trailer is supposed to spoil. I don't feel very spoiled after watching it, at least.
Love, scriver~

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: May 04, 2016, 06:13:28 pm »

Yeah, seemed just like a standard trailer. Not sure exactly what you think it spoiled...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: May 04, 2016, 06:18:25 pm »

Yeah, seemed just like a standard trailer. Not sure exactly what you think it spoiled...
Edit: I just noticed the description.

Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost?

I thought the DLC was just about helping Valentine do a case, not be about that. So I thought the video simply revealed everything about the case (hint: the guy that shows up at the end). But instead it's talking about the three things up there. So I guess it's not spoilery after all. My bad.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: May 04, 2016, 06:20:32 pm »

Are you certain it did in fact tell us anything we wouldn't become aware of within minutes of starting the quest anyway?  How are you certain?  What methodology did you utilize to confirm that they have, in fact, revealed plot-crucial information?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:22 pm »

Is giving away the twists and the big secret bad not a spoiler to people these days? If so I apologize and feel free to watch it.
I'll just wait until the DLC is released, just to be on the safe side. :v

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: May 04, 2016, 06:23:40 pm »

Are you certain it did in fact tell us anything we wouldn't become aware of within minutes of starting the quest anyway?  How are you certain?  What methodology did you utilize to confirm that they have, in fact, revealed plot-crucial information?
Sorry, see above.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: May 04, 2016, 11:14:01 pm »

Fallout 4: Spoilers. Spoilers never change.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:33 pm »

I dunno... being really good at guessing seems to warrant spoilers on Bay12 :P

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:22 am »

Fallout 4: Spoilers. Spoilers never change.

Only this time, the spoilers of war were also its weapons...

And if your the Fallout 4 protagonist... Everything needs to be spoilered :P because everything flies by your head.

Nothing flies by my protagonist's head. His reflexes are too fast, he would catch it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:09:45 am by Sergius »

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: May 05, 2016, 09:18:36 am »

Having a lot of fun with this still. Started a new character for the second time, now with even more mods to beef up the survival difficulty, combat realism etc. Plus a few handy bits and pieces.

My current character is named Furiosa. Got a laugh when the robot actually said my name at the start. Didn't expect them to have recorded that one, but they had. I guess it would have been an obvious choice after Mad Max Fury Road.

On top of playing survival, modded to be even harder, I am playing semi-iron man. I play with the understanding that dead pretty much means dead. So I don't get into fights that I can't finish.

To balance tension against frustration I have a few ground rules instead of just "any death means end of game".

If I knowingly choose to fight some people who I have the jump on, like a group of super mutants or some raiders, and they then kill me... game over. Exception might be if they kill me in some really lame manner. Maybe I've got them outgunned and they get a fluke shot in and I feel it's really unfair. In that case it just counts as an injury. But if I go commando on a superior force and end up in chunky pieces, then game over.

If I get randomly killed by somebody I never saw who had a rocket launcher, or I step on a mine like an idiot etc., counts as an injury. Same goes for deaths that don't turn me into a pulp involving something lame like a ghoul or a dog, where I can at least come up with some RPish excuse that I was rescued etc. I can't abuse this loophole though to risk my life in an unreasonable manner. If I have a doubt, I generally play it safe.

If injured, I add a scar to my face at the doctors. So far this has happened once. It's not very visible though with my Furiosa style war paint on though. If I can survive in the wastes without any proper death then over time I think my scar count might get pretty high. Should look good. On the other hand if my faces ends up a mass of scars that would suck. So that should help keep me honest and cautious.

I've made it to level 10 so far. Being stealthy, having good perception, and avoiding most serious fights. I've killed about 8 humans, not counting ghouls. My dog has saved my life a couple of times. One very close call with a rad scorpion. Much more tension than with my last player, where I was just dying, loading, dying, loading, pushing through quests. Now I haven't even done the first Concord fight. Walk in there and fight six or seven armed men by myself? No bloody way. Maybe when I'm closer to level 20 and have modded my assault rifle and power armor some more.

Few screen shots...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:59:42 am by Yolan »
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: May 05, 2016, 10:39:26 am »

Not sure if they nerfed it for survival or not, but if not then grab the "Dense" modification for your chest armor (or clothes if you use armorsmith extended like me)
It seems to literally make you immune to explosions. Or at least it lowers it enough that a 300ish DR can bring it down to nothing. Should cut down on the "lol rocket launcher instagibs" that you have to endure.
Note that it ALSO works against MINI NUKES. Which is silly, but hilarious nonetheless.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 462