Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830558 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5805 on: April 10, 2016, 10:15:41 pm »

why
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: April 10, 2016, 10:20:14 pm »

I'm talking about a portable fist-launcher, like from cartoons, KOSS.
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: April 11, 2016, 07:12:57 am »

why
Because you weren't scarred enough yet :P

Anyway, playing with Legendary Modification and impressed that the mod author apparently already thought of/stamped out an exploit I tried.
Specifically, giving the Junk Jet the "Two Shot" modification for item dupes :P
BFEL is a terrible person.

Currently debating whether to give my missile launcher the "Two Shot" or "Never-Ending" mod. Two Shot is the obvious choice, but with Never Ending I could halve the things weight by giving it standard ammo cap instead of quad.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: April 12, 2016, 01:29:56 am »

New patch Survival mode changes:
Reduced food and water need. Cool.
Fixed sleep cycle from 24 hours to 14 hours. Cool ? I guess, you need more sleep though.
Decreased resistance to infection. Shit.
Lowered carry weight 40%. Fuck.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: April 12, 2016, 09:50:46 am »

It seems they released the whole Wasteland Workshop thing. I wonder when the CK is coming out, supposed to be this month.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: April 12, 2016, 10:07:23 am »

Yeah they did. I'm still busy making a robot army settlement. Now I need an arena to pit things against things too, for entertaining my robots.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: April 12, 2016, 02:26:55 pm »

Started a new game with the DLC and a select few mods. Piddled around cleaning up Sanctuary and getting the walls built. Saved Preston and friends. So I go down to Diamond City and meet Piper, w/e. I tried talking to Myrna the general store dealer and accidentally stole a oil can perfectly placed behind her head. Died by guard moshpit and re-spawned and tried again. Stole the damn oil can again. That is the most cunning trap in the game.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: April 12, 2016, 03:15:06 pm »

Where do you think she gets her goods from? No caravan stops in DC :V
Love, scriver~

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:41 am »

I just started a new character for survival mode, decided to play as Roger Sterling from Madmen (The voice actor ruins it somewhat, but with a nice suit you can make it look pretty close)

Anyway, I am liking some parts of survival.  Suddenly I find myself sometimes choosing to drink irradiated drinks, and eat irradiated food, because a little rad damage is better than a huge stat penalty.
I really like the fact that everything does more damage to everything else.  The previous hardest difficulty ended up with a lot of silly bullet sponge action.

The only save at a bed thing is annoying.  I wish they at least gave you a save&quit option.  I need to go to bed in real life sometimes too!

The lack of fast travel is interesting, I'll have to see how that plays out.  It'd be nice if you could at least travel between settlements, because I imagine slogging back and forth through miles of wilderness is going to get annoying.

I want to know what the deal is with the deathclaw you have to fight at the beginning of the game.  How exactly are you supposed to fight it in a non-stupid way?  The only thing I can do to beat it is to run into a building it can't fit into, shoot it a few times until it runs away, walk back out, run back into my shelter, and get a few more shots off. 
That just seems... stupid.  Like, the first mission of the story is to learn to exploit the AI?  That deathclaw will kill you in a couple of it's attacks, and it doesn't seem possible to just dodge it by maneuvering.  It's probably the biggest difficulty spike in the game, especially since you have no real options at that point in the game.  Also, the minigun is not as good of a weapon as the game would have you believe at that point...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: April 14, 2016, 10:21:09 am »

I just started a new character for survival mode, decided to play as Roger Sterling from Madmen (The voice actor ruins it somewhat, but with a nice suit you can make it look pretty close)

Anyway, I am liking some parts of survival.  Suddenly I find myself sometimes choosing to drink irradiated drinks, and eat irradiated food, because a little rad damage is better than a huge stat penalty.
I really like the fact that everything does more damage to everything else.  The previous hardest difficulty ended up with a lot of silly bullet sponge action.

The only save at a bed thing is annoying.  I wish they at least gave you a save&quit option.  I need to go to bed in real life sometimes too!

The lack of fast travel is interesting, I'll have to see how that plays out.  It'd be nice if you could at least travel between settlements, because I imagine slogging back and forth through miles of wilderness is going to get annoying.

I want to know what the deal is with the deathclaw you have to fight at the beginning of the game.  How exactly are you supposed to fight it in a non-stupid way?  The only thing I can do to beat it is to run into a building it can't fit into, shoot it a few times until it runs away, walk back out, run back into my shelter, and get a few more shots off. 
That just seems... stupid.  Like, the first mission of the story is to learn to exploit the AI?  That deathclaw will kill you in a couple of it's attacks, and it doesn't seem possible to just dodge it by maneuvering.  It's probably the biggest difficulty spike in the game, especially since you have no real options at that point in the game.  Also, the minigun is not as good of a weapon as the game would have you believe at that point...

I think they wanted you to use the exploding vehicles to nuke some chunks of the deathclaws health down, but in the nature of things, it might not be in range as it's trying to disembowel you or the cars will already have been blown cuz of the preceding gun fight.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: April 14, 2016, 10:36:11 am »

I think the deathclaw got chumped by the raiders in my survival game. I didn't see it die, but it somehow got killed close to where it emerged.
Can't say I was too upset, but it was weird.

I suppose you could try luring it on to mines, or something? I don't see how you could face it toe-to-toe, to be honest.

It would certainly nice to have a save-and-quit mode, yeah. Even if it automatically deletes once you load it again.

Travel between settlements isn't too bad, since you can typically sprint it without taking too long. I've found I've built up Greygarden as a base, since that's more towards the middle of the map than Sanctuary.

Diseases seem... odd? Occasionally I seem to just catch one, without any cause like having taken radaway or animal bites.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: April 14, 2016, 11:18:14 am »

I think the deathclaw got chumped by the raiders in my survival game. I didn't see it die, but it somehow got killed close to where it emerged.
Can't say I was too upset, but it was weird.

I suppose you could try luring it on to mines, or something? I don't see how you could face it toe-to-toe, to be honest.

Diseases seem... odd? Occasionally I seem to just catch one, without any cause like having taken radaway or animal bites.

If you let the raiders in the store/near the grate where it spawns live, they will turn on it and if you're lucky like I was one game they will all throw molotovs at the same time at it and even a deathclaw cannot survive multiple npc molotovs to the face. Even worse when the DoT effect gets to work on it while it tries to hunt them down one by one and eat more molotovs.

Maybe diseases can be caught via environmental causes: like walking in a puddle? No idea. !Science! is needed.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: April 14, 2016, 12:02:30 pm »

Ah, yeah, that's a possibility with the molotovs.

I notice I occasionally catch diseases after sleeping. It seems to have happened more on dirty mattresses, but I'm sure it's happened on proper beds as well.

My survivability has skyrocketed now I've got some proper armour and ballistic weave clothes. Early on I was killed in a single burst from a raider auto pipe pistol, but now I can actually survive a few hits.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: April 14, 2016, 01:18:53 pm »

I always resort to popping in and out of a building, getting in a few hits per try, and eventually whittling down the deathclaw.  It just seems silly though.

One time, I managed to Fus-Ro-Dah it, or at least, the effect was similar.  I had taken off about 1/4 of its health popping in and out of the doorway, when suddenly the deathclaw launched itself into the sky! I said "Oh no, it must have jumped onto the roof or something, now what?"  But after a couple of seconds the deathclaw plopped down onto the ground, and died.  So somehow it got launched way, way up into the air, and died from the fall.  Hooray physics!

So that makes me think, they should set up some kind of see-saw where you knock a car off a ledge, it hits the see-saw, which you bait to get the deathclaw onto it, and it gets launched into the sky and dies upon landing.  It'd be stupid, but less stupid than the current setup...

I somehow caught insomnia... from sleeping.  I already had the fatigue disease... so now I want to sleep all the time, but I can't.  And somehow, antibiotics can cure me of this.  REALISM!!!

I also installed a mod that allows me to save in survival mode, because sleepy time simulation mode isn't what I had in mind for survival.  Still, I only save in safe places, but now it's up to me not to abuse this.  I do wish they had somehow worked dying into the game somehow though.  Like dying made you lose caps/exp/something but whatever progress you had made was still made.  They could handwave it as the institute not wanting their "Backup" to die and having installed a teleporter in you... or something.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: April 14, 2016, 01:40:56 pm »

I also installed a mod that allows me to save in survival mode
GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 462