Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830152 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5655 on: March 22, 2016, 10:32:15 am »

I kind of liked Zeta. It had a sort of 1950s B-movie charm to it.

But then again when I played it I had a lot of combat rebalance mods so the enemies weren't nearly as bullet spongey.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:06 am »

First robot DLC companion: Super Codsworth. Second: Fisto 2.0.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: March 22, 2016, 12:24:36 pm »

Yeah fuckit, this is totally worth a double post. 
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/03/mod-lets-you-play-as-dogmeat-the-true-hero-of-fallout-4/
Just combine this with the mod that let's you have pacified enemies follow you around indefinitely and you can play as a goddamn dog pack. Really need to mute the protagonists voice though.

Damn, now all I need is a voice pack that replaces the protagonist's lines with dog noises and my first Fallout 4 experience will live up to the hype.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: March 22, 2016, 01:23:56 pm »

First robot DLC companion: Super Codsworth. Second: Fisto 2.0.
I had Synth-Body Curie before the DLC, so I had to give her up so I can actually have moddable robots. I've just been using Ada, but I gave her an Assaultron Head Laser, Lightning gun, Shock Claw, and Robobrain torso.

She's very..... barrel - chested.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: March 22, 2016, 04:30:54 pm »

I kind of liked Zeta. It had a sort of 1950s B-movie charm to it.

But then again when I played it I had a lot of combat rebalance mods so the enemies weren't nearly as bullet spongey.
Same here. Except I first played it on console and still enjoyed it.

Though it would have been better if it had been more focused on stealth/infiltration, but hey, it's a Bethesda game, so that's right out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: March 22, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »

Yeah, Mothership Zeta's basically all right for the most part. The problem really is that you're likely to play it last of the five, so it really wears on you in that case. Especially if you've already made it through Broken Steel and the associated HP deluge that are its absolutely awful high-level enemies, the HP and damage inflation of which also turns Point Lookout into a bit of shitfest if done late. And then once you got through that, you go to Mothership Zeta, well, you're not going to be having much fun for the most part.

I actually did Mothership Zeta first of all the DLC once, and found it to be much more enjoyable if not played when you're absolutely sick of the game itself.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: March 22, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »

I didn't know Radroaches were smart.
One of them had itself lodged inside a wired paper basket, making it essentially armored and quite hard for me to aim properly at as it was constantly rolling around.
Managed to get in a lucky shot though, but not before it had taken some health from me and given a good chunk of rads.

This was at the start of the game, as I have started over, with mods.
I have yet to explore what the Automatron DLC has to offer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:57:27 pm by Ultimuh »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: March 22, 2016, 06:01:17 pm »

Speaking of the DLC, when does the content kick in? As in, what triggers the storyline?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: March 22, 2016, 09:36:37 pm »

Speaking of the DLC, when does the content kick in? As in, what triggers the storyline?
I presume you mean the AutomoTron DLC, which you are given a quest and a radio signal (much like New Vegas's DLCs) and you have to go a quest, and it goes on from there.

But you do have to be level 15 to trigger the quest, not that I would recommend playing it with a level 15 character.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: March 23, 2016, 02:38:45 am »

All in all, the Automatron quest is a bit flat, but not without enjoyment.  I love the customization tho', I built a few bots just to see how they look and act, and I absolutely love it.  The raider styles are especially cool looking, while the Mechanist styles are very powerful.  Ada is an awesome companion most of the time, but I found that in interior cells she has a bad tendency to walk directly in front of you when you stop moving, if I had been playing with a new character instead of an established one, that could have gotten me killed several times.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: March 23, 2016, 02:53:49 am »

She dosent work all that well in semi-enclosed areas for that reason.
 you also need to watch where you put the workshop if you want to make sentry bots.

I do feel asthough they missed out on some aspects, being able to use a bot as a worker would be... interesting, as would being able to sell them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: March 23, 2016, 09:11:44 am »

Are the Automatron bots in any way compatible with a stealthy playstyle?

Do they render the Lone Wanderer perk ineffective?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: March 23, 2016, 09:19:48 am »

Do they render the Lone Wanderer perk ineffective?

They take up your one companion slot, so I'd assume so.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: March 23, 2016, 09:33:00 am »

Dogmeat doesn't (possibly by virtue of being a dog that you can't hold any sort of conversation with) so the robots might not either, but it depends.
Black lives matter.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5669 on: March 23, 2016, 10:45:48 am »

They take up a slot, are noisy, get in the way of your shots, and are generally just like other companions.

However, they can have a stealth field, which affects you, (not them ?), we've not tried it yet, but It's certainly worth trying.

Oh, and Officer Smashy McSmash would like a word with you if you don't find Automatron fun. We had so many laughs just beetling about with random(ish) designs last night.

[edit]
Just stay away from dead/dying robots if you're not decked out from head to toe in armour. Especially legendaries. their explode radius is huge.
you can actually use this to your advantage by sending your robot in to get killed, then when they explode (if they have the right bodies) they take out most of the enemies in one go.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:48:51 am by Vicomt »
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 462