Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829391 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Gay For Your Own Brain
« Reply #5235 on: January 10, 2016, 02:45:26 pm »

I'd love to see a sci-fi Elder Scrolls spinoff.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: January 10, 2016, 02:53:42 pm »

Fallout.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: January 10, 2016, 04:50:15 pm »

Fallout.
Nah. The more sci-fi stuff written for TES (mostly by MK) is way more trippy awesome than 1950s-flavored post-apocalypse.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: January 10, 2016, 04:56:53 pm »

SF Elder Scrolls would be ridiculously awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: January 10, 2016, 04:59:20 pm »

The original pitch that led to Redguard was IIRC Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann pitching to Todd Howard about all this crazy sci-fi shit they wanted to do, at which point Todd was basically like "sure, why not do it in Tamriel?". Redguard was the game that took ES out of the aesthetic that's been talked about here.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: January 10, 2016, 07:41:24 pm »

See Also: Dwarves in Redguard/Morrowind onward, tribunal expansion for Morrowind, and Pelinal Whitestrake was a cyborg I think.

Probably belongs in ES thread though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5241 on: January 10, 2016, 08:12:34 pm »

I am pretty sure that the last Dwemer in Morrowind had spider legs, or at least a chair that had spider legs.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: January 10, 2016, 08:23:32 pm »

He had some sort of spider walking mechanica, yeah. He was suffering from Corprus Disease though, which horribly bloats and twists the body and causes abnormal growth of flesh and body tissue.
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: January 25, 2016, 02:54:23 pm »

So I just melted a guys face for the first time.

Was walking through the federal stockpile to rescue Mrs Abernathy (again) and shot a raider in the face, expecting his head to fly off or his body to disintegrate as normal.

Instead what happened was his head glowed like it was dusting for a few seconds then he dropped to the ground with his face reduced to a bloody skull.

Made me feel kind of badass.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: January 25, 2016, 04:10:49 pm »

If you like that, you should try an automatic Righteous Authority.
Black lives matter.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: January 25, 2016, 04:46:23 pm »

Or the broadside :) OH better the artifact gun
No sig yet

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: February 05, 2016, 11:33:10 am »

So, started playing this again today. Well... yesterday. I've been playing for a while. >.>

Finished a quest with everyone's favourite strung-out, redheaded boozehound.
Spoiler: Cait stuff (click to show/hide)

After that was dealt with, I spent a long time screwing about encouraging the growth of my settlements.
Some needed recruitment beacons. Some needed shit like water and food. One needed to be cleanses of ghouls, which meant killing the two human settlers as well since I had a companion at that point- oh well, it's back now and better than ever.

Now, with all the settlements I've put effort into going more-or-less full steam ahead, I'm chilling at one of them towards the South-west corner of the map, sitting next to my power armour and preparing to make my first proper visit to the 'Sea. Stored most of my gear in a trunk, ditched my companion, and am about to plug in my headphones for maximum immersion.
I'm actually kind of excited to check it out for the first time, I've managed to avoid having it spoiled. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: February 05, 2016, 11:34:43 am »

Oh, I got 266 hours of fallout 4 time in now.  I guess I can read this thread without worrying about spoilers now.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: February 05, 2016, 11:45:58 am »

The Glowing Sea was probably my favorite part of the game, which is a shame considering how short that part of the game is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: February 05, 2016, 12:04:19 pm »

I started playing FO4 with mods....and i gotta say; being the minutemen general before was kinda crappy before. Very rare patrol spawns, the flare gun summons lv1 cannon fodder that cant even take a hit, and artillery that couldn't hit anything. I felt like I was the only proper member of the Minutemen.
Then I found We Are The Minutemen on the nexus (there's a larger rehaul mod on there, but i just wanted vanilla+ mods right now) and i gotta say, I'm a lot more immersed in being the general now. The moment it hit me was when I fast traveled back to Sanctuary and passed a 4 man Minutemen patrol leaving through the main gate and the leader of the patrol stopped and said "Hey General." Such a small thing, but I actually felt like a leading member of a faction for once. Maybe not in a direct way, more like a founding godfather kinda way, but it definitely felt better then before.
The patrols scale in gear with level too, so in the beginning they only had minutemen outfits and pipe guns/short lasmuskets, but towards the mid game, I started seeing combat armor and medium leather/metal. This carries over to the spawned reinforcements from the flaregun too, they're all scaled and have the correct perks and stuff.
This mod deserves to become canon. If you like the Minutemen like me, go get it. Turn the Minutemen into an actual faction.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 462