Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831723 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4815 on: December 14, 2015, 11:09:17 am »

AP miiight be better against decked out power armor. They do have more armor then Deathclaws.

---

Also SERIOUSLY GAME!!! stop with the freeken "Come back later to finish this location" garbage. Just don't even let me in the building.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: December 14, 2015, 12:15:52 pm »

The shoot through things perk sounds amazing then, since I actually have some trouble with high-level mirelurks.  (Until I get up close with my shotgun to see their face).  More trouble than I did with deathclaws, since deathclaws have been solitary and usually appear far enough away to nearly-kill as they close.

Their serpentine charge is cool though.

Also, I really need to look up what real weapon uses... 38 caliber ammo?  I've been dragging around a pipe rifle for ages just to use the super common, yet weak, rounds.  Not sure if it's 38, but it's by far the most common bullet type I've encountered.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: December 14, 2015, 12:17:25 pm »

I noticed yesterday that they do disappear unique corpses on respawn just for having been near a cell, by the way. I never went to the Superduper Mart near the Cortega factory while I did that quest for whoever, but went there yesterday. Emma's corpse had been despawned (and I couldn't find her holotape either, but I don't know if I found it on her or around her last time). It's a shame that even interesting pieces if the worked like that get lost because of respawn nonsense.
Love, scriver~

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: December 14, 2015, 03:27:44 pm »

I've been wondering about armour piercing weapons lately. Is it worth it to go for that mod, or should I just go for maximum damage?

Armor piercing seems better, they seem to only be on automatic receivers though. I think that's by design, because the armor system will affect automatic weapon damage more than single shot weapon damage, so it provides a kind of bypass.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: December 14, 2015, 03:36:33 pm »

New Vegas' Miniguns were helped by the fact that their base 5mm ammunition had a decent armor piercing effect, making it more useful than 4's by a pretty big order of magnitude.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: December 14, 2015, 03:40:06 pm »

The shoot through things perk sounds amazing then, since I actually have some trouble with high-level mirelurks.  (Until I get up close with my shotgun to see their face).  More trouble than I did with deathclaws, since deathclaws have been solitary and usually appear far enough away to nearly-kill as they close.

Their serpentine charge is cool though.

Also, I really need to look up what real weapon uses... 38 caliber ammo?  I've been dragging around a pipe rifle for ages just to use the super common, yet weak, rounds.  Not sure if it's 38, but it's by far the most common bullet type I've encountered.

.38 Special is a .357 only a bit shorter, still quite powerful. I think Beth may have confused it for .380 Auto, wouldn't be the first time they showed a lack to firearms knowledge.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: December 14, 2015, 03:51:59 pm »

I checked and yeah it was .38 ammo, the most common in the game.  Apparently it's only used in pipe rifles weapons by default, but you can modify a combat or hunting rifle to use it.

Of course, it's still very weak...  Probably better than a pipe weapon but a lot heavier looks like.  Pipe rifles are surprisingly light, so I think I'll keep carrying it around and using it on trash.  (Like a pistol basically, except that would make the damage *even worse* and not save much weight)

The pipe reflex sight is amusingly bad, the default peg sight works a lot better despite the lower "accuracy".  It's an enormous lenseless tube which flails around the screen as you shoot, kinda defeating the point of a reflex sight vs a full scope.  Probably kills VATS efficiency too...
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: December 14, 2015, 04:29:26 pm »

It's been confirmed through testing (there is a give current AP as Double command) that the reflex sight actually gives an AP discount to guns. (Not relevant, but scopes severely increase AP cost)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:51 pm »

automatic pipe reifles can be super effective short - slightly above short range. especially if one can get one with added damage, like plsama or fire.
will eat ammo like popcorn tho.  sometimes i bring the .38 with me and use it untill its empty.
and yeah, i hate that reflex too.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: December 14, 2015, 07:26:34 pm »

I really really hate the reflex sight on pipe guns.  Not because vats or anything but....It just does not seem at all accurate for real aiming which is how I do the vast majority of my initiations.

But there is just something about that scope.  I just can't hit with it at anything but near point blank range.  It seems so inconstant.  I aim dead center?  *miss* ok this is a cobbled together weapon, maybe the scope isn't calibrated. I try to aim a little low, *miss* a little high, *miss* the bullet never goes where I want it to.  I can't imagine it's accuracy, I have the thing made to be as accurate as it could be and still be a pistol, and the 10mm's reflex sight is dead on accurate at every range I've used it so I can't imagine it being just a matter of 'pistols are inaccurate'.  There have been a couple cases of me getting fed up with the thing and switching over to my weaker 10mm and making the same shot easily.

tl;dr The pipe pistol reflex site is terrible, and possibly inaccurate by design in inconsistent ways.  Get a real scope.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: December 14, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »

It would have been easier if the bolted a 3rd screw in the middle or have an iron sight on the barrel. What idiot designed that thing?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: December 14, 2015, 07:54:19 pm »

Point of order, player characters are not players :P

I'd say that Fallout characters have a proud history of being stupid but that's... not really the case.  At all.  Even the 1-int runs were incredibly good at somehow finding the next person to gibber at.  I guess you could call that "luck" though.  Oh wait that's also a stat, uh, fate I guess.
She/they

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: December 14, 2015, 08:46:22 pm »

Point of order, player characters are not players :P

I'd say that Fallout characters have a proud history of being stupid but that's... not really the case.  At all.  Even the 1-int runs were incredibly good at somehow finding the next person to gibber at.  I guess you could call that "luck" though.  Oh wait that's also a stat, uh, fate I guess.

Could also be sheer bloody minded persistence. Gibber at enough people and eventually something will happen.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: December 14, 2015, 09:13:55 pm »

If you gibber at everyone all the time, by sheer probability, you'll finish all the quest. Especially since most of the quest requires you to shoot people so odds are, people not shooting you means they want you to shoot someone and those shooting you are the ones you need to shoot.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4829 on: December 14, 2015, 09:20:09 pm »

In the fallout universe I would expect someone gibbering at people to be shot
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 462