Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831295 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4605 on: December 08, 2015, 01:49:43 pm »

Run the game directly from Fallout4.exe instead of the launcher. Or go get FO4 Script Extender and run it from that.

Easier than that: go to C:\Users\(youruser)\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and edit plugins.txt, putting your mod(s) .esp below the main Fallout4.esm.

Done, "mod support" restored.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: December 08, 2015, 02:44:49 pm »

I thought the rank 4 demo makes grenades you shoot in VATS explode for more damage.

Also some VATS explanation to those who don't know. AP cost is affected by stock, barrel length and sight. Generally, the marksman's grip, short barrel and reflex sight reduces AP use.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:48:29 pm by majikero »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: December 08, 2015, 02:53:31 pm »

I thought the rank 4 demo makes grenades you shoot in VATS explode for more damage.

Also some VATS explanation to those who don't know. AP cost is affected by stock, barrel length and sight. Generally, the marksman's grip, short barrel and reflex sight reduces AP use.

That would have been useful info to have in the weapons modding screen. As well as ammo capacity (currently it shows how much of that ammo type is in inventory).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: December 08, 2015, 02:54:50 pm »

Hearing a familiar voice at Hallucigen was pretty cool.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: December 08, 2015, 02:56:21 pm »

What do you mean by ammo capacity? The magazine size?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: December 08, 2015, 03:06:14 pm »

What do you mean by ammo capacity? The magazine size?

Yea. I said ammo capacity because sometimes it's not a magazine (like the missile launcher for instance).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: December 08, 2015, 04:47:21 pm »

Spoiler: Stoopid romance stuff (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: December 08, 2015, 04:49:47 pm »

Dunno, I quite like the romance. At least it doesn't have a Biowaresque cringey sex scene. Plus you can totally do it with multiple companions.

Now if only I could've done both Tali and Garrus in ME3, that would've made that game the best thing ever.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: December 08, 2015, 04:51:28 pm »

Firing up the game, the better grip is called Sharpshooter's grip. The Marksman stock is a long stock so therefor increase AP use. Anyways, you get ridiculous VATS use when modded for it. Aim is crap at long range but VATS is used to hit fast moving close targets anyways.

I think stuff that improves hipfire accuracy improves AP use.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: December 08, 2015, 04:52:49 pm »

Dunno, I quite like the romance. At least it doesn't have a Biowaresque cringey sex scene. Plus you can totally do it with multiple companions.

Now if only I could've done both Tali and Garrus in ME3, that would've made that game the best thing ever.
Heh.
A threesome romance was possible in Jade Empire, but Bioware's star had set by the time ME3 came along.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: December 08, 2015, 05:54:55 pm »

Spoiler: Stoopid romance stuff (click to show/hide)

Yea I'm with you on that one, except I don't take any companions, they get in the way and I like to wing it solo.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: December 08, 2015, 05:56:35 pm »

The thing I dislike about the romance is that ALL of the companions do that silly "stumble all over themselves" thing the first time you flirt with them.
It was kinda cute when Piper did it because it seemed like something she would do. Less so when Cait did the same thing.

Anyway, you know what I want? A exploding laser pistol. That would be so amaze. You know why it would be so amaze?
Because full auto exploding laser shotgun.
I mean shit, the full auto shotgun laser is ALREADY stupid overpowered, if totally uncontrollable, just add explosions and suddenly favorite weapon ever.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: December 08, 2015, 05:57:00 pm »

Heh.
A threesome romance was possible in Jade Empire, but Bioware's star had set by the time ME3 came along.

Correction... Foursome :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: December 08, 2015, 06:04:15 pm »

Heh.

Correction... Foursome :P

...I don't think so? I'm pretty sure you could romance Dawn Star and Silk Fox together, but I don't think you can romance Sky as well, since I think you have to not romance either of the women as a male character before you can pique his interest.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: December 08, 2015, 06:11:37 pm »

The thing I dislike about the romance is that ALL of the companions do that silly "stumble all over themselves" thing the first time you flirt with them.
It was kinda cute when Piper did it because it seemed like something she would do. Less so when Cait did the same thing.
It was so funny with Danse, that I kept flirting just to fluster him.  Sorta lost interest except for the amusement factor, I guess that makes me a bad person XD
Might flirt with Nick, but IDK.  I kinda prefer him as a sarcastic wisecracking pal.  I do dig his backstory though so far.

Anyway, you know what I want? A exploding laser pistol. That would be so amaze. You know why it would be so amaze?
Because full auto exploding laser shotgun.
I mean shit, the full auto shotgun laser is ALREADY stupid overpowered, if totally uncontrollable, just add explosions and suddenly favorite weapon ever.
Honestly my combat shotgun is my best weapon for clearing rooms.  I need to buy more shells.  I forgot about scatter attachments for lasers though, I wonder if they're as good...
I didn't notice any perks for shotguns actually, I wonder if they count as semi-auto rifles?  Would help explain why it's matching said perked-up rifles.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 462