Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830863 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4440 on: December 06, 2015, 05:30:13 am »

Oh. Yeah. Why would they give someone the option to play the way they want? Next thing you know they're gonna allow people to set game difficulty or change sound volume. What kind of loser plays on anything other than defaults?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: December 06, 2015, 08:10:39 am »

I just wish it hadn't taken up a trait slot. It felt horrible to have to choose between enjoying myself or having a fully min/maxed character :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: December 06, 2015, 08:29:07 am »

Oh. Yeah. Why would they give someone the option to play the way they want? Next thing you know they're gonna allow people to set game difficulty or change sound volume. What kind of loser plays on anything other than defaults?
Because there's no reason that anyone should have to "choose" anything? I was distinctly peeved--I never took Wild Wasteland because I liked the YCS/186 too much--that I missed out on a lot of that content because there were people who genuinely whined "but muh realsims" in regard to Fallout and little hidden references. Never mind, as BFEL said, the stupidity of it being a trait instead of an independent choice.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: December 06, 2015, 08:46:50 am »

Overpowered weapons I've seen so far:
Bleeding minigun - Stacking bleeding on a weapon that fires 50 rounds per second.
Double-shot combat shotgun - Double damage on an already high-damage weapon lets it almost outdamage my gauss rifle.
Infinitely-reloading laser musket - Allows for dozens of energy cells to be used to charge it, so it can one-shot anything if there's enough time to reload it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: December 06, 2015, 08:59:52 am »

Infinitely-reloading laser musket - Allows for dozens of energy cells to be used to charge it, so it can one-shot anything if there's enough time to reload it.
It's actually an orbital laser that fell to earth and somebody somehow salvaged. The aliens probably built it. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: December 06, 2015, 09:19:55 am »

It ended up creating a severe imbalance.

Imagine if a game only had two difficulty settings: Super duper easy and extreme ballbusting hard!

That is what FO3 and NV essentially created with their option.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: December 06, 2015, 09:33:15 am »

FO3 didn't have the option...  For NV, I guess you're talking about the alien blaster/gauss rifle?
IDK, I never turned on Wild Wasteland and I was very satisfied with NV's tone.  I took the silliness of FO2 in stride, but NV tackled some serious political issues that caused serious heated arguments between my friends and I.  I think it worked well as a serious game. 

Hell one of the main flaws (for us) was that the Legion was too... 70's cartoon evil, sometimes, when other times it was serious real-world evil.  We had trouble taking them seriously as a "Doing what must be done to survive" faction when they regularly went "HEY BTW WE'RE EEEEVIL" and cosplayed in nonsensical magic non-armor. 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: December 06, 2015, 09:37:44 am »

FO3 didn't have the option...  For NV, I guess you're talking about the alien blaster/gauss rifle?
IDK, I never turned on Wild Wasteland and I was very satisfied with NV's tone.  I took the silliness of FO2 in stride, but NV tackled some serious political issues that caused serious heated arguments between my friends and I.  I think it worked well as a serious game. 

Hell one of the main flaws (for us) was that the Legion was too... 70's cartoon evil, sometimes, when other times it was serious real-world evil.  We had trouble taking them seriously as a "Doing what must be done to survive" faction when they regularly went "HEY BTW WE'RE EEEEVIL" and cosplayed in nonsensical magic non-armor.

There was a bunch of little things. A stash of mininukes in a church replaced with Holy Hand Grenades. Indiana Jones' skeleton and hat in a fridge outside of Goodsprings. Stuff like that.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: December 06, 2015, 09:49:06 am »

Yeah but FO3 didn't have a toggle for any of that, much less one that dramatically changed the difficulty somehow.  (Was responding to Neo)
And for the record I didn't mind the weird stuff in FO3 either.  It seemed a lot tamer than FO2, and I accepted it in FO2 too.  I just really enjoyed NV as a serious game though, and Wild Wasteland content might have made that more difficult.

Of course, Old World Blues was silly as all hell.  But it was pretty fun, and DLC, so yeah.  Completing the game once before going there worked for me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: December 06, 2015, 09:59:58 am »

Sorry. But it didn't change the difficulty in NV either. I think Neo just read "toggle" and assumed I was talking about Hardcore. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: December 06, 2015, 10:03:09 am »

Sorry. But it didn't change the difficulty in NV either. I think Neo just read "toggle" and assumed I was talking about Hardcore. :|

I was giving an analogy on Wild World :P

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: December 06, 2015, 10:58:52 am »

I just got myself a full set of X-01 power armour and decided it's finally time to start suiting my companions up in my spare suits. Thinking Preston's going to be dressed in full military painted T45, Cait in a full Raider set. Not sure about the others.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: December 06, 2015, 11:28:27 am »

You're not putting Preston in Minutemen paint?
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: December 06, 2015, 11:33:53 am »

You're not putting Preston in Minutemen paint?

Didn't know there was a Minuteman paint scheme.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: December 06, 2015, 01:04:31 pm »

Finished the main quest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gotta hang around a while and formulate the plan for my next character.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 462