Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830304 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4290 on: November 30, 2015, 11:39:13 am »

Ohh that is great to know! Now I can deal with those dang gamma guns!

As for screws... unfortunately pipe weapons don't give screws... at least not pipe pistols.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: November 30, 2015, 11:44:18 am »

Ohh that is great to know! Now I can deal with those dang gamma guns!

As for screws... unfortunately pipe weapons don't give screws... at least not pipe pistols.
You need the scrapper perk. It's under Intelligence.

With the second rank, all of those Institute weapons become useful since you can get some pretty nifty stuff from them.

Speaking of the Institute weapons, is there a mod out there that resizes them a bit? Because really, they are entirely too big. They take up almost half of my screen FFS.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: November 30, 2015, 11:46:06 am »

Yeah, power cores are scarce for all of about twenty minutes. The only way you'll run out after the very early game is if you literally sprint everywhere in your PA.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: November 30, 2015, 11:48:24 am »

I know... Unfortunately some weapons just don't give anything extra when you scrap them.

Mind you I believe "mods" when you scrap it apply to what you get. So that can get you it...

But Pipe weapons on their own do not offer anything but metal.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4294 on: November 30, 2015, 11:48:48 am »

If this was a new franchise, it would be fantastic. It's a miserable Fallout game but a very good "spiritual successor to fallout."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: November 30, 2015, 11:52:08 am »

I know... Unfortunately some weapons just don't give anything extra when you scrap them.

Mind you I believe "mods" when you scrap it apply to what you get. So that can get you it...

But Pipe weapons on their own do not offer anything but metal.
Yeah, but TBH modified pipe weapons are common as dirt.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: November 30, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »

Oddly enough one of the major reasons I never use power armor is how extremely inconvenient it is to pilot. Its UI is garbagio :P

Intentionally mind you... but that doesn't mean I still like using it.

I just had power armour on my mind. I'm a bit disappointed they made them cooler and more distinct from regular armour, but rather at odds with stealthy gameplay (if rumours that armour weight significantly affects stealth potential are to be believed).

There's a stealth mod for power armor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: November 30, 2015, 12:26:59 pm »

Ohh also losing charge in your Power cores doesn't make them lose any value. You can sell "Almost discharged ones" and then buy fully charged ones.

I have no idea if you can charge power cores though.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: November 30, 2015, 12:48:45 pm »

Not from what I can tell.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: November 30, 2015, 12:53:07 pm »

If this was a new franchise, it would be fantastic. It's a miserable Fallout game but a very good "spiritual successor to fallout."

It's a miserable Fallout game and a miserable spiritual sequel.

Wasteland 2 was a pretty good spiritual sequel though ;)
Love, scriver~

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Tactical Mole Rats
« Reply #4300 on: November 30, 2015, 12:59:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ending spoilers

Fallout 4 is a massive dissapointment.

It fails as a RPG on every front.
The only thing they improved is gunplay and power armor feel. Everything else is horrible.

Awful dialogue, no choices, lore rape left and right, unkillable NPC's everywhere, fixed protagonist, railroading, poor optimization, shallow features, etc..
I'm not sure what you expected after FO3 (and Skyrim). Personally I find it's at least a decent action game, which is more than I could say about 3 or Oblibion. And it actually feels like it's trying to undo some of the lore-rape from FO3 ("water purifiers? PFT! We've got a dozen producing enough to water a desert here!").

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: November 30, 2015, 01:11:54 pm »

Yeah, power cores are scarce for all of about twenty minutes. The only way you'll run out after the very early game is if you literally sprint everywhere in your PA.

I travel crouched and explore a lot, so I suppose that amounts to the same a sprinting everywhere, for power consumption purposes. If only that was proportional to movement speed...

I've found about 11-12 Fusion Cores in 24-25 hours or so. Used a couple recently during a brief spell of PA usage, and I'll have to give up 3 to enter a certain place, so that leaves me with 6-7 cores if I seriously commit to PA. Granted, I could find more cores before those run out, but it seems quite tight for my taste when I've found one core every two hours on average so far. Which means I'd be consuming cores four times as fast as I'm finding them.

We'll see. Anyway, not that I'm an old-school Fallout expert, but where's the lore-rape? Why do some people take as gospel what they tell you in FO1 and FO2's very geographically limited settings?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:18:37 pm by Greenbane »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: November 30, 2015, 01:17:18 pm »

*ahem*

Ghouls that have "Turned Feral" existed in the series for a while. All it really takes is some form of brain damage.

The majority of feral ghouls are ones who suffered from radiation damage to the brain before ghoulness kicked in. Yet others have existed such as ghouls that have suffered extensive sunstroke from walking in the hot desert.

This is because the term "Feral Ghoul" Is based on a result not a particular set of circumstances.

Anyway, not that I'm an old-school Fallout expert, but where's the lore-rape? Why do some people take as gospel what they tell you in FO1 and FO2's very geographically limited settings?

I do honestly think the lore in Fallout 4 is kind of weak and the way it handles things is much weaker then the other series.

At LEAST Fallout 3 made an excuse as to why there were crazy evil super mutants. Fallout 4? no

The worst IMO is the institute which was neutral/notevil in Fallout 3 yet has been upgraded to cartoon villainy in the 4th...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:27:50 pm by Neonivek »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: November 30, 2015, 01:33:12 pm »

At LEAST Fallout 3 made an excuse as to why there were crazy evil super mutants. Fallout 4? no
something something Institute something something.  :P

Basically the Institute are the reason for everything bad in the commonwealth (pretty much). Though I wouldn't say they are cartoonishly evil.

Spoiler: srsorz spoilage gaize (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: November 30, 2015, 01:59:29 pm »

*ahem*

Ghouls that have "Turned Feral" existed in the series for a while.

Since F3.

I don't particularly kind the addition though. Only problem with them is how there's so many of them left after 200 years, or how there was enough ghouls to go feral in the first place. But that's the same logistics problem that every bethout enemy brings up (raiders etc) and has nothing to do with feral ghouls in itself.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 462