Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830310 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4275 on: November 30, 2015, 05:25:27 am »

I joined both. Nothing bad happened. Didn't do much for the BOS though. Only faction that got killed for me was the Institute. It's sad that I can't leave them all alive, I wanted to loot and occupy the Institute, but nope, gotta nuke it.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: November 30, 2015, 06:11:19 am »

Fucking Travis keeps pulling his gun.

What an asshole.
Love, scriver~

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 30, 2015, 07:20:57 am »

I joined both. Nothing bad happened. Didn't do much for the BOS though. Only faction that got killed for me was the Institute. It's sad that I can't leave them all alive, I wanted to loot and occupy the Institute, but nope, gotta nuke it.
yeah, as said. for me it doesnt make much sense to blow all the stuff up if you could just conquer it as well.

TrashMan

• Bay Watcher
  • PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 30, 2015, 08:32:18 am »

Fallout 4 is a massive dissapointment.

It fails as a RPG on every front.
The only thing they improved is gunplay and power armor feel. Everything else is horrible.

Awful dialogue, no choices, lore rape left and right, unkillable NPC's everywhere, fixed protagonist, railroading, poor optimization, shallow features, etc..
My custom chapter: (prepare to cringe)
http://wh40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Knights

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 30, 2015, 09:44:39 am »

Fucking Travis keeps pulling his gun.

What an asshole.

The bar fight?
Yeah, had a similar problem. Curie kept lasering the entire bar to death.
Had to load an older save and drop her off in front of the door like some mutt.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 30, 2015, 09:50:46 am »

Shame on you for having such high expectations.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: November 30, 2015, 10:00:38 am »

It fails as a RPG on every front.
The only thing they improved is gunplay and power armor feel. Everything else is horrible.

Awful dialogue, no choices, lore rape left and right, unkillable NPC's everywhere, fixed protagonist, railroading, poor optimization, shallow features, etc..

Oddly enough one of the major reasons I never use power armor is how extremely inconvenient it is to pilot. Its UI is garbagio :P

Intentionally mind you... but that doesn't mean I still like using it.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: November 30, 2015, 10:51:41 am »

Oddly enough one of the major reasons I never use power armor is how extremely inconvenient it is to pilot. Its UI is garbagio :P

I just had power armour on my mind. I'm a bit disappointed they made them cooler and more distinct from regular armour, but rather at odds with stealthy gameplay (if rumours that armour weight significantly affects stealth potential are to be believed). But my main problem with PA, indirectly related, is Fusion Cores. Their rarity and inexorable decay imposes a time limit which prevents slower-paced gameplay and free exploration.

"Fusion Core" ends up being a fancy, clueless term for cheap battery, since the whole point of an atomic battery is very long life. Measured in years or decades, not minutes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:44 am »

That's just how power expensive power armours are. "Oh, this one cell has kept all machinery in this vault going for almost 300 years! Let me put this in my armour and waste it in thirty minutes." :P

First vehicle mod I'm looking forward to though: Grocery Carts.
Love, scriver~

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: November 30, 2015, 11:20:40 am »

I just had power armour on my mind. I'm a bit disappointed they made them cooler and more distinct from regular armour, but rather at odds with stealthy gameplay (if rumours that armour weight significantly affects stealth potential are to be believed). But my main problem with PA, indirectly related, is Fusion Cores. Their rarity and inexorable decay imposes a time limit which prevents slower-paced gameplay and free exploration.

"Fusion Core" ends up being a fancy, clueless term for cheap battery, since the whole point of an atomic battery is very long life. Measured in years or decades, not minutes.
You'd almost think they tried to make power armor different and distinctive from ordinary armor instead of the end-all-be-all armor of choice for the majority of the game. You're not supposed to wear it everywhere you go unless you are willing to stock up on fusion cores first. IMO it's a neat economy thing and it makes PA feel more distinctive from a stat boost that is flat out superior to every other piece of armor in the game. It makes it feel, for lack of a better term, special.

Besides, fusion cores are not THAT rare. Sure, they're not strewn about all over the place but they're not the rarest or even the most desirable item in the game. That honor goes to anything with adhesive.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 30, 2015, 11:24:36 am »

/me hears about how rare fusion cores are

/me finds twenty in one low-level bandit hideout
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: November 30, 2015, 11:25:12 am »

Besides, fusion cores are not THAT rare. Sure, they're not strewn about all over the place but they're not the rarest or even the most desirable item in the game. That honor goes to anything with adhesive.

one word: vegetable starch
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: November 30, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

ending spoilers

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 30, 2015, 11:34:10 am »

After beating about 1/3rd of the game... MAYBE 2/5ths... I can say that if you really want to, you can have all the fusion cores you will ever need.

Without trying I racked up 37 and I can buy up to 3 a shot from my weapon stores.

I could spend the rest of the game in power armor if I wanted to.

No, what will really limit your power armor usage more then power cores... Is the fact that your armor is going to break, and once it breaks it is gone.

"Besides, fusion cores are not THAT rare. Sure, they're not strewn about all over the place but they're not the rarest or even the most desirable item in the game. That honor goes to anything with adhesive."

Sorry but there are quite a few other materials that deserve that honor. There are so many alternative ways to get all the Adhesive you need.

Lead and Gold are both FAR rarer and harder to get on mass... In fact I know only two junk items with lead (other then lead) and they are pencils and Old Batteries. With Gold being absolutely essential if your going for tech upgrades.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:37:44 am by Neonivek »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 30, 2015, 11:36:26 am »

one word: vegetable starch
I have a settlement dedicated entirely to the production of that thing and I STILL run out. Though that might be due to my obsession with mass producing weapons and armor for my troops, err, I mean settlers.

At least getting screws becomes trivial once you get the Scrapper perk. Then, all of the pipe weapons start being useful.

After beating about 1/3rd of the game... MAYBE 2/5ths... I can say that if you really want to, you can have all the fusion cores you will ever need.

Without trying I racked up 37 and I can buy up to 3 a shot from my weapon stores.

I could spend the rest of the game in power armor if I wanted to.

No, what will really limit your power armor usage more then power cores... Is the fact that your armor is going to break, and once it breaks it is gone.
Err, no. It's just moved to your inventory and cannot be equipped. You can repair it at any power armor station and put it back onto the frame.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 462