Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830003 times)

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4140 on: November 26, 2015, 09:49:25 am »

Ive come across some of the toughest legendarys, a legendary sentry with a skull name.
A legendary soup mutant master with gatlingun, a legendary putrid glowing ghoul, a legendary glowing deathclaw, and raiders for days.
I even see plenty of brethren legs... i guess it happens when youv got the bottom bunk.

I killed a ghoul.... well strong killed it and it dropped a ghoul killer sledge, 50% extra god damn.
Ive also got many chameleon peices so when I stealth im like a predator.

Torgue demands your sacrifices. Use frag grenades on wild dogs and work your way up, soon youl have an explosive damage missile launcher.
Oh gosh I hope there are explo dam gamma guns
Please please Torgue bless me with your sexplosions
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: November 26, 2015, 10:33:33 am »

meh, i cant realy tell from the look with one would be better ;)
the enclave armor indeed showed up first in f2, but iirc it was not aviable in f2. you only have seen your enemies wearing these strange helmets.
anyway, long time ago for me... where there even different power armors? i think there was just power armor.

It's been a while since I've played F2, but I could've sworn you could loot one or two suits from a locker in one of the enclave facilities. I think I remember doing one of those silly runs that involved taking your tribal straight from your village to that suit of armor and stealing it via lots of careful saving and loading.

From what I remember, you went to Navarro and the guard was like "oh, whoa, new recruit! go inside and suit up soldier!" and then I was a killing machine. Maybe first you had to stand in one place for like a couple of hours before they gave you Advanced Armor, not sure.

EDIT: I think the exchange went something like this: (paraphrasing)
Chosen One: Hi, I, uh...
Navarro Guy: SOLDIER WHY ARE YOU OUT OF UNIFORM! GO SUIT UP!
Chosen One: But I...
Navarro Guy: ARMOR! NOW!
Chosen One: I think...
Navarro Guy: ARMOOOOOOOOOR!!!
Chosen One: Okay!!! Sheesh...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:39:10 am by Sergius »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: November 26, 2015, 10:37:23 am »

the enclave armor indeed showed up first in f2, but iirc it was not aviable in f2. you only have seen your enemies wearing these strange helmets.
anyway, long time ago for me... where there even different power armors? i think there was just power armor.

It's been a while since I've played F2, but I could've sworn you could loot one or two suits from a locker in one of the enclave facilities. I think I remember doing one of those silly runs that involved taking your tribal straight from your village to that suit of armor and stealing it via lots of careful saving and loading.

I remember seeing that on a FO2 speedrun video yeah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: November 26, 2015, 11:01:02 am »

From what I remember, you went to Navarro and the guard was like "oh, whoa, new recruit! go inside and suit up soldier!" and then I was a killing machine. Maybe first you had to stand in one place for like a couple of hours before they gave you Advanced Armor, not sure.

EDIT: I think the exchange went something like this: (paraphrasing)
Chosen One: Hi, I, uh...
Navarro Guy: SOLDIER WHY ARE YOU OUT OF UNIFORM! GO SUIT UP!
Chosen One: But I...
Navarro Guy: ARMOR! NOW!
Chosen One: I think...
Navarro Guy: ARMOOOOOOOOOR!!!
Chosen One: Okay!!! Sheesh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkKkHmFOfKE One of the best things ingame.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: November 26, 2015, 11:21:29 am »

good legendary drops are reare.
i got one,  a gauss rifle with +25% dmg, im lvl 57
there are some good to sell tho.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: November 26, 2015, 11:31:05 am »

My favorite legendary is a super sledge that freezes the enemy when it crits. It freezes everything including behemoths.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: November 26, 2015, 11:59:49 am »

+25% damage is alright, but...

Spoiler: AWP (click to show/hide)

It seems most of the damage modifiers are multiplicative rather than additive (which is incredibly bad design but quite funny), so this gets x10.6 damage with sneaking (maybe x21.2 with the rifle perk, not sure). Still not sneaky Gauss levels, and the lack of visible damage numbers puts a damper on it, but I killed a Mirelurk queen on Survival difficulty in one hit with it.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: November 26, 2015, 12:02:21 pm »

but you can jsut buy overseer with makes for a much better sniper.
it will do twice the damage all the time, and its a combat rifle.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: November 26, 2015, 12:49:44 pm »

but you can jsut buy overseer with makes for a much better sniper.
it will do twice the damage all the time, and its a combat rifle.

In my experience, the Overseer combat rifle isn't really suited for sniping, because the fact that it fires two bullets gives it an increased spread, akin to a shotgun. It's not as bad while aiming but still far from accurate compared to an actual sniper rifle. I don't think that the combat rifle is suited for sniping anyways, it looked to me like the natural sniping rifles are the hunting rifle and bolt action pipe gun;

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: November 26, 2015, 01:09:03 pm »

i use it all the time and it is a mean sniper. it doestn get any increased inaccuracy, both bullets will be just as accurate as a single bullet from a combat rifle with the same mods.
it gets double recoil however. it makes for a great sniper, but a bad bullet hose.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: November 26, 2015, 01:47:09 pm »

The extra bullet effect isn't double damage (the second projectile doesn't consider weapon mods and modifiers or something), combat rifles get less per-shot damage, and the point was to abuse modifiers being multiplicative to OHKO everything.

I was using a combat rifle as well, though. It was so stupid powerful I swapped it out for that 10mm railroad handgun, and am now just using that, the AWP, and a knife, with no armor and the goofiest outfit I can find (currently the summer shorts).

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: November 26, 2015, 02:08:15 pm »

The extra bullet effect isn't double damage (the second projectile doesn't consider weapon mods and modifiers or something),
thats realy good to know, thank you!
well, instigating combat rifle was better then, but got to find one first. overseer is very effective, and a guaranteed item that can be obtained quite early.

in other news: during the last 5 min, i found a plasma infused combat shotgun AND a plasma infused mini gun.
obviously not as strong as explodifyers, but still pretty damn stong i think. brings the good legendary weapon find count up to 3 for me^^

edith sais:

bah, plasma shotgun is utter shit. unlike other brands, it does not add the extra to all projectiles, but only once, shared between all the projectiles.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:01:40 pm by motorbitch »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: November 26, 2015, 03:03:02 pm »

I only found one "explodifying" 10mm gun through my whole ~120h first playthrough.  :'(

I think I found around 5 good legendaries. Like plasma infused sniper rifle, quick reload/quick shot assault rifle (doesn't make a lot of sense, but it was still good), two-shot plasma gun, no-reload auto shotgun (ohhh the recoil) and a few others.
Even though a lot of people disliked the legendary stuff, I like it. It's a way to get rich quickly, specially if you have the highest level of Scrounger as you can to guarantee you won't run out of ammo, because in the beggining on Survival and Very Hard difficulties, legendaries just eat your whole ammo stock.

I really want some good patches. But I'm having good fun playing enough to clear 1 area per day on survival (I'm slowly dropping videogames because my compulsion was pretty scary this time).

E: There's a Beta patch up. I'll try it out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:19:18 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: November 26, 2015, 03:34:51 pm »

indeed, early game i found anything harder then hard unplayable. not because it was actually to hard, but because it took just to much ammo without weapon perks.
im on a low luck run tho. only increased it to 3 with a bubble head and one skillpoint very late in game (to get the 15% damage from bloody mess). so, early i could not pick scounger, now i dont need it anymore.

but yeah, most legendary drops are just good to be sold. i cant count how many pices of legendary leather armor ive found so far.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: November 26, 2015, 03:50:17 pm »

Yep, me too. Which is why I played half of it on Hard and then Very Hard.  :P
But tbh, on survival you really just got to use everything you have available. Mines, grenades. Throw you dog if necessary. Spend all your ammo. Punch people.
So it's a great difficulty after you already finished the game once. Otherwise it just takes too much time and becomes too tense.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 462