Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829871 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4020 on: November 23, 2015, 12:27:21 pm »

So, uh. If you need something dead yesterday, full-auto plasma does the trick. Burned through a Deathclaw Matriarch in about three or four seconds.
I use the alien blaster for the same purposes.

Anyway, I came here because I just saw a loading tip that informed me "When the Institute released its first batch of synths, they tried to work with people in the commonwealth, but mutual mistrust ended that relationship quickly"

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THIS IS EVER HINTED AT. A RANDOM LOADING TIP.

I noticed this. There's really no mention of this at all from anyone, it makes no sense.

Anyway, the BOS's reasoning for making you kill Virgil is...actually pretty decent. I mean considering everyone else it and the other factions want you to kill is given the reasoning of "BUT I WANT TO SEE THEM DIIIIIIE!", "because he has the knowledge to create a supermutant army" is fairly well reasoned out.

Spoiler: Virgil (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:31:26 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: November 23, 2015, 01:44:56 pm »

Jesus Christ, the melee is not very enjoyable at all, to say the least. You cannot constantly block, your block is timed. Some enemy attacks, like those of feral ghouls, on the other hand, have basically zero wind-up time. They don't attack predictably either. So good luck timing your block against that shit.

Also, your attacks do have a wind-up. And they just get cancelled if anything thumps you. So in between the time you start your attack and when it lands, generic feral ghoul gets to randomly decide to instantly tackle you from beyond your own reach with an attack multiple times faster than your wind-up with a medium weapon.

Like what am I missing here?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:54:01 pm by Virtz »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: November 23, 2015, 01:56:51 pm »

Mods. You are missing mods.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: November 23, 2015, 02:28:28 pm »

Your first mistake is using melee weapons against feral ghouls.
Black lives matter.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: November 23, 2015, 02:42:56 pm »

Does anyone else spend maybe too much time dressing up their settlers with funny hats and giving them back stories?

I have one guy I call Rusty. He guards the gate of Sanctuary and wears a captain's hat.

I don't give them backstories, but I spend waaaaay too much time making sure all my settlers have unified equipment.
Guards get a minuteman outfit and militia hat, a set of white combat armor (second best upgrade I think), fully upgraded semi-automatic institute rifles (because blue pewpew is best pewpew).
Caravans get road leather, BoS combat armor and fully upgraded automatic combat rifles.
Farmers get farm clothes and 10mm handguns.
Shopkeepers get a variety of dresses or tuxedos and a snubnosed .44.
Doctors get a labcoat and a red laser pistol.
Scavengers get a drifter outfit and a pipe rifle.

You don't even want to know how long and how much junk it took to get all settlements unified.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: November 23, 2015, 02:55:14 pm »

I made the mistake on my melee-focused character of trying to use melee for absolutely everything. Now I just use melee for most things and use all the ammo I save to murderize anything I can't kill with my serrated sword of death.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: November 23, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »

Does anyone else spend maybe too much time dressing up their settlers with funny hats and giving them back stories?

I have one guy I call Rusty. He guards the gate of Sanctuary and wears a captain's hat.

I don't give them backstories, but I spend waaaaay too much time making sure all my settlers have unified equipment.
Guards get a minuteman outfit and militia hat, a set of white combat armor (second best upgrade I think), fully upgraded semi-automatic institute rifles (because blue pewpew is best pewpew).
Caravans get road leather, BoS combat armor and fully upgraded automatic combat rifles.

You don't even want to know how long and how much junk it took to get all settlements unified.

That is commitment! I dunno if I could do that with how fiddly assigning things to people is currently. If only there was an overall settlement assignment screen. Assign x people as guards, x as farmers, x as shop keepers etc. Then uniform assignment function. All guards by default are given y weapon and z armour as long as stocks allow unless superceded by something you give them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: November 23, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »

That is commitment! I dunno if I could do that with how fiddly assigning things to people is currently. If only there was an overall settlement assignment screen. Assign x people as guards, x as farmers, x as shop keepers etc. Then uniform assignment function. All guards by default are given y weapon and z armour as long as stocks allow unless superceded by something you give them.

Looks like a mod idea, though it might need one of them script extenders to be made first.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4028 on: November 23, 2015, 03:31:53 pm »

Man, I could play a whole game where you have dozens of workers under your direct command, building a fortress of some kind... except, why stick with an apocalypse theme? I'm thinking maybe fantasy. We could call it Hobbit Hill... or maybe Elf Tree City...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: November 23, 2015, 03:40:20 pm »

White combat armor is the best material upgrade, at least.

It pisses me off to no end because when you gotta optimize you gotta optimize, but it looks like crap both on its own and in combination with damn near anything else.

It took helmetless headshot damage in Project Nevada to get me to wear helmets in NV, and something similar is going to have to happen here. I love the look of the gas masks, but they don't mesh with much higher-tier gear. First thing I want in terms of item mods are military fatigues and an assault gasmask with stats equivalent to BoS outfit and a mid-tier helmet respectively, because that STALKER look is baller and everything after it (save power armor) looks like rubbish.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: November 23, 2015, 03:47:33 pm »

I was really sad that you can't upgrade gas masks, flight helmets, glasses and most other headgear. Also upgraded civilian clothing would be awesome.

Why can't I put something into my glasses or flight helmet that gives me the effect of the recon scope?
Why can't I use ballistic fibers to armor my coat or fedora?

Why must Beth torture me so?

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: November 23, 2015, 03:56:50 pm »

Why can't I use ballistic fibers to armor my coat or fedora?
Actually you can. The battered fedora (and trilby hat) can be upgraded with ballistic weave.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: November 23, 2015, 03:59:05 pm »

Wait, what?
Pretty sure I have had several hats (including some type of fedora) that could not be upgraded.
So it works for some pieces of clothing but not for others that are almost completely identical?

What.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: November 23, 2015, 04:06:02 pm »

What really makes me sad is that the flight helmet removes your facial hair and glasses.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: November 23, 2015, 04:10:50 pm »

Wait, what?
Pretty sure I have had several hats (including some type of fedora) that could not be upgraded.
So it works for some pieces of clothing but not for others that are almost completely identical?

What.

Certain clothes can be upgraded if you follow the questline (I believe its through it's sidequests) from one of the factions.
Tip: Choo choo

What's funny is that I only realized I could do that AFTER I finished and stopped playing (taking a break). I believe one of those stealth-tips-that-if-you-don't-read-you-don't-know-what-you-can-do are at fault for me not realizing it.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 462