Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829887 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3705 on: November 18, 2015, 04:35:33 pm »

I am fairly sure Juo Long got onto that same roof in my game.
Guess the game really likes putting actors on there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: November 18, 2015, 04:39:17 pm »

Just have a set of stairs leading up. Problem solved.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: November 18, 2015, 04:44:28 pm »

If you build up far enough, will you find a portal leading to a legendary monster?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: November 18, 2015, 04:54:43 pm »

No, but eventually you'll see the sun below you.  Be warned soon an atomic wyvern will arrive to punish your hubris and destroy your language.

Also thanks for the information, and on an unrelated note I'm really digging the atmospheric music tracks in this.  Barely touched the radio.  I used to praise the old Fallouts for music which made the world sound dead and haunted... Glad to hear it here!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: November 18, 2015, 04:55:12 pm »

hm, maybe stairs will help. i dont think that cow is capable of moving, tho.

anyway, found an exploit.
proably old stuff,  someone else must have found it before. still:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: November 18, 2015, 04:57:10 pm »

Well, not unrealistic so much as... Kind of silly.
Would you want to spend an extended amount of time walking in a cramped, hot, stiff suit of armor, at half the usual pace, just so you won't have to come back for it?
Note this is all personal nitpicking and not meant to rag on the game
Power armor is valuable and keeps you safe. I can't imagine you (in the real world) would leave it around for someone to loot, and since the wasteland is so dangerous, logically you would want to keep as much protection as you can while traveling.
Now, obviously since there is a constant energy cost to use them, that wouldn't be a given that you would use one if available, but otherwise most people that have a set would probably use it while traveling.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: November 18, 2015, 05:00:46 pm »

No, but eventually you'll see the sun below you.  Be warned soon an atomic wyvern will arrive to punish your hubris and destroy your language.

Also thanks for the information, and on an unrelated note I'm really digging the atmospheric music tracks in this.  Barely touched the radio.  I used to praise the old Fallouts for music which made the world sound dead and haunted... Glad to hear it here!
I've had nothing but Diamond City Radio for the entire game. The songs have been stuck in my head for days, and the radio dude is fun to listen to, even if I've heard all his lines by now  I haven't played as much as many people here, aaalllmmmooost at ten hours and as many levels, I think. I assume he gets other lines if you progress the main or faction quests. Make that hope.

That reminds me, new title. Doesn't even fit in the character limit.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:05:11 pm by miauw62 »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: November 18, 2015, 05:12:40 pm »

Im playing survival and going hunting with my power armor is asking to be killed. Im up to a point in the game where i dont ever have to worry about fusion cell... i have 50 of them and im using that big laser gatling gunb wich also use fusion cell and i never ever spent a single cap on bartering, i did barter and bought stuff but i never gave more than 10ish caps of my own stash and i have now about 40k. There is no need for me to buy anything using my caps.

I feel kinda bored by some aspect of the game, going auto is asking to be in trouble as ammo can be scarce at time and cost fuckton to stock up if you are using automatic weapon. Also with the new system automatic seem to have too much damage soaked before being applied for damage... IE Your minigun does 6 damage per bullet, sure it shoots hellofalotfast but on those 6, 2 is removed due to armor, sometime even 3 negating up to 50% of your DPS. Yet if i use a high power rifle doing 80 damage, the same 2 is removed doing 78 damage per bullet wich translate to about only 1.5% damage negation. So why would i waste fuckton of cash on low power ammo and just waste them on armor protecting enemy when i can use higher powered caliber and save lots of money....

Anyway i still love the game and i still sinks 10hr a day on it and i hate myself for doing that. Survival has lots of legendaries wich can give you very good weapons, i have a shotgun wich has a 20% of crippling target legs no matter when i hit. I can kill deathclaw with it easily as i just need to pump a couple rounds and the deathcclaw cannot run anymore hahaha, then i let my npc finish him to save on ammo or i melee it from a side he cannot hit me. I do that to a lot of melee enemy, and humanoids gets rifle in the face or gatling laser. I use the mod wich increase damage er shot but greatly reduce the rate of fire. Sometime i hate being min-maxeer... i feel like im missing some of the game experience.... Namely supposed scracity of good wich i dont seem to affect me at all.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3713 on: November 18, 2015, 05:47:14 pm »

hm, i may be wierd in this way, but i hardly ever use the power armor.
sprinting consumes so much energy, i cant use it much. so no power armor is just so much faster. especially with leg armor that gives a movement bonus.
I have 53 fusion cores. At this point I could probably play for a few hundred hours without leaving my power armor.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Our Writer Only Says One Sentence, But That's Okay, ...
« Reply #3714 on: November 18, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »

So, the all 11's playthrough is going well. I have strength, intelligence, and perception up to 11 now, with endurance at 10, and charisma is up to 6 now. Agility and Luck are still the odd ones out at 1 each.

Its actually easier then I expected it to be. I thought such a specialized build would be a recipe for failure, but this is going better then my normal playthrough. Having no crafting perks isn't as big a burden as I thought, as most of the good mods can be found and taken from random loot and honestly the biggest thing I miss is the level 3 life giver regen. Other then that this is easy town.

Oh, speaking of which, for those who found "sturdy" or "heavy" versions of normal armors, such as that kick ass chestpiece I had in the other run, note that its easier to make the mods for a normal version, and they can carry over.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:07:53 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: November 18, 2015, 06:32:17 pm »

I think I found what might be the weapon I'll use for a very long time... a hunting rifle with infinite ammo capacity. Not infinite ammo, mind you, but basically never have to reload, ever.

I should mention it's one of those weapon drops from legendaries, rather than an unique weapon.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: November 18, 2015, 06:54:58 pm »

I found, through random exploring,
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: November 18, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »

Heh. Mod idea: if you build settlements too high (say, three levels or more, or whatever the "height cap" is, if one exists), be attacked by Alduin. Imported from Skyrim.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: November 18, 2015, 07:32:49 pm »

I haven't seen a height cap yet. I've built up to four levels in some places and was still able to put more stairs. Also, I found
I've also been siding with the Brotherhood in my new playthrough, and I'm kind of excited to

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: November 18, 2015, 07:41:13 pm »

I want to click that second spoiler so bad.

I wonder if the Brotherhood finds me creepy sometimes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 462