Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829877 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3690 on: November 18, 2015, 02:26:56 pm »

yeah, the lower-distance-lower-res thing is really, REALLY buggy.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: November 18, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »

so, somehow sanctuary has stoped producing purified water, and no ammount of purified water production facilities build can make them resume producing any.
thats seriously fucked, as it totally hinders my abilities to... well, do anything realy. no glue, no oil, no free healing.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: November 18, 2015, 02:53:18 pm »

Then this may be a bad idea, but...

Now that I've linked my settlements up with supply routes, can I put a bunch of water purifiers in sanctuary and have them supply the other settlements?  Instead of having to build pumps everywhere.

And if I do that, would sanctuary need a direct supply route to each settlement?  Or is enough to have a path through others?

Not sure why I'm asking since I could test it pretty easy, but I've been trying to avoid fast-traveling...  Which is silly since the roads aren't particularly dangerous, and I'm sending barely-armed "provisioners" out there :P
Edit:  In fact I'm just going to try it now

Oh wow this is actually kinda useful http://www.ign.com/wikis/fallout-4/Things_Fallout_Doesn't_Tell_You
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:55:08 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: November 18, 2015, 03:05:09 pm »

Now that I've linked my settlements up with supply routes, can I put a bunch of water purifiers in sanctuary and have them supply the other settlements?  Instead of having to build pumps everywhere.

And if I do that, would sanctuary need a direct supply route to each settlement?  Or is enough to have a path through others?

Not sure why I'm asking since I could test it pretty easy, but I've been trying to avoid fast-traveling...  Which is silly since the roads aren't particularly dangerous, and I'm sending barely-armed "provisioners" out there :P

Oh wow this is actually kinda useful http://www.ign.com/wikis/fallout-4/Things_Fallout_Doesn't_Tell_You
Nope, The supply links only gives you access to the junk category of your workshop, nothing else

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 18, 2015, 03:07:27 pm »

only the junk category? that sucks.
guess i'll have to store all my weapons and mods in specific containers in the red rocket anyway >.>

i really just want to be able to dump it all in one place and have an easy way to categorize and access it from everywhere. inventory management isnt very fun or interesting to me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: November 18, 2015, 03:30:12 pm »

I really recommend looking at the help menu (on the pause main menu). Last subjects on the list regarding "workshops" are the ones who give info about settlements.
Not to be that guy who tells you to look at the manual, but that actually helped me.

Supply links can be from anywhere to anywhere as long as it connects to a chain. It shares abstract water/food resources (not items), therefore you can have a single settlement supplying water for many others. On items, yep, it only shares the junk section (so you can go to any connected workshop and open the menu, then press T on the PC to store all junk items at once).

The problem with having a single settlement supplying food/water everywhere is that the amount of defence will be absurd to guarantee that it never gets attacked.
On sanctuary, for instance, that could mean you get to the size limit by plopping many turrets and generators.

And producing surplus is really useful when you don't have time, patience, or want to just play. You can make a settlement with just 1 dude (provisioner), a bed and one or two turrets.
Of course, surplus food and water also gets deposited on the workshop, but I don't know how exactly this works. For some reason, Sanctuary always stores more Corns than Tatos, even though production is the same. Maybe they are insane and like the Tato taste, which reportedly tastes horribly.  :P

E: About inventory management - what I do, is I have a shop, a drop-box and a rare-and-unique-loot-drop-box on my "core settlements" (most central ones on the map).
I'm really OCD about time-scale being insane, so I try to always fast travel to the nearest "core settlement" to dump stuff. Then, once I have patience, I sort and sell it.
Or I don't and magically get rich anyway, because that Luck Perk helps a lot!  :D
They really should give us a way to connect containers, though. Everything should be accessible, the game is already time-consuming as it is.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:33:36 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 18, 2015, 03:44:16 pm »

I have a giant purifying facility at Nordhagen Beach, and that keeps me well supplied with water everywhere, to the point I haven't bothered to build water anywhere else. The purified water bottles can also be accessed elsewhere, as whenever I need adhesives at my glue farm I have over a hundred bottles avaliable.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: November 18, 2015, 03:49:07 pm »

yeah, so i decided local leader isnt worht it for me, and i started a new game.
however, that one glitched out so awfull, no water produces, castle didnt spawn the dudes exept the first - i went back to my old game and used the console to fix it. cause, fuck this shit.

anyway, that old game has a trader bramin on the roof of one of my houses in sanctuary, and thats annoying me. has anyone a smart idea how to move that (aside of shooting it)?
i tried the console, but i cant find out what id that stupid cow has.
any help very appriciated!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:51:44 pm by motorbitch »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: November 18, 2015, 03:55:07 pm »

If you click on something with the console open it should show you their id.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 18, 2015, 04:11:27 pm »

yeah, i tried that, but it wont accept that id if i try the move commands.
ah, never mind. i just sniped it from long range, noone seem to hate that.
of course, there now is a bramin cadaver in the center of my town, but maybe it will despawn eventually.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: November 18, 2015, 04:20:33 pm »

You could leave your power armor OR just fast travel with it.

The scrapping tip is BS if you don't have the perks that give you "every last potential component out of the dropped items and wastes nothing".
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:22:19 pm by BigD145 »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: November 18, 2015, 04:21:45 pm »

That's kind of unrealistic, though.
Black lives matter.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: November 18, 2015, 04:22:50 pm »

That's kind of unrealistic, though.

I can fast travel so why can't my power armor? I can still move in it even if its core dies.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: November 18, 2015, 04:25:47 pm »

Well, not unrealistic so much as... Kind of silly.
Would you want to spend an extended amount of time walking in a cramped, hot, stiff suit of armor, at half the usual pace, just so you won't have to come back for it?
Note this is all personal nitpicking and not meant to rag on the game
Black lives matter.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: November 18, 2015, 04:32:12 pm »

hm, i may be wierd in this way, but i hardly ever use the power armor.
sprinting consumes so much energy, i cant use it much. so no power armor is just so much faster. especially with leg armor that gives a movement bonus.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 462