Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829960 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3660 on: November 18, 2015, 01:29:23 am »

yeah, I'm using a mod pack and one of the mods included gets rid of settlement size cap and removes the settler limit too. Probably can find it on Nexus somewhere. It also includes green grass, which made fallout 4 look literally 3 x as nice.

There is enough water and rain for green grass :P it doesn't take much rain at all here in california for green grass to start popping up everywhere lol.

But I dunno if that is a custom mod for mod pack or not, cause I don't see any grass mods on Nexus...unless its named something else with no grass in the mod name or something.

(edit: actually its probably this one

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/377/?

much more realistic. If there was barely any rain, I could see the world being brown. But it rains a lot and there is water everywhere...)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: November 18, 2015, 01:47:04 am »

I'm sort of amazed that there are already mods that allow for bullet crafting and gun crafting. I was planning to do something along those lines once they released the mod tools, but I suppose it's not worth doing so anymore.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: November 18, 2015, 02:16:30 am »

Incidentally: Not only do item containers respawn after sufficient time, so do pre-placed items in the world. I've gone back to places I cleared very early on and found the exact same arrangements of items in the exact same places and numbers, which I know I looted the first time around.

No wonder the Bostapocalypse wasteland looks so "20 seconds after the war" ;)

I wonder if this still applies to more important items like power armour batteries and the like?
Love, scriver~

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: November 18, 2015, 02:42:10 am »

Incidentally: Not only do item containers respawn after sufficient time, so do pre-placed items in the world. I've gone back to places I cleared very early on and found the exact same arrangements of items in the exact same places and numbers, which I know I looted the first time around.

So nukes caused world to selectively loop in time. That's why all the food is still edible after 200 years and why people can survive without farming anything.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: November 18, 2015, 03:00:50 am »

I see plenty of farming going on.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: November 18, 2015, 03:12:55 am »

Yeah, it's like Bethesda reacted to complaints that nobody had a real food source in FO3 by making farming not only common but a major game mechanic.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: November 18, 2015, 03:39:55 am »

I'm kinda glad- I was getting tired of that dead dude lying in the middle of the road in his tighty-whities due to me stealing his clothes, since he kept reappearing there if I moved him. This time at least he showed up with some clothes on.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: November 18, 2015, 04:51:34 am »

Lucky you, I've been having corpses that I made not despawning.  :P

Incidentally, everyone remember how good Gauss rifles are? Remember how OP it was to be able to mod them to fire twice before reloading in NV? I just finished modding mine out to max. 282 base damage, and it can fire 20 shots before reloading. And on top of that, I managed to find one with the legendary modifier that gives +50% damage against humans. I suppose they partially made up for that by making them run off an ammo type much more expensive than microfusion cells this time around.

On another note, found a suit of X-01 in a less-than obvious spot, but it was relatively poorly defended and easy to access.

Also also, if you haven't done a certain quest for ol' Ironsides yet, do it. It's well worth the hassle, and a much better payoff than the one in NV where you launched the ghouls on those rockets. Better rewards, too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: November 18, 2015, 06:25:32 am »

It is a fantastic quest, but I wouldn't say the rewards are that great. I was super-excited for

but found it weak, remarkably inaccurate, hella slow and heavy to carry around, too. It doesn't even have an AoE effect like you might expect from the quest.

Also, the Vertibird AI is a good source for unintended hilarity. They either decide to hover in front of SM missile guys or, even better, crash right into the nearest wall, tree or other tall object and immediately explode. Gotta wonder what those things are made of.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:27:53 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: November 18, 2015, 06:27:11 am »

[/url]? :P
Black lives matter.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: November 18, 2015, 06:30:07 am »

[/url]? :P

Ssh, you saw nothing. I'm as sneaky as a Chameleon Deathclaw.*

*Given that I'm yet to see one, I can only assume they're incredibly sneaky and behind me right now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: November 18, 2015, 06:31:49 am »

Nah, don't worry. There aren't any behind you.
They're in front of you.
Black lives matter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3672 on: November 18, 2015, 06:59:31 am »

On another note, found a suit of X-01 in a less-than obvious spot, but it was relatively poorly defended and easy to access.
I have to know where. Is it a full suit?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: November 18, 2015, 07:05:06 am »

No wonder the Bostapocalypse wasteland looks so "20 seconds after the war" ;)

I wonder if this still applies to more important items like power armour batteries and the like?

Nah, well yes and no. I went back to the freesom museum and everything had respawned except the fusion core, the power armor, the vertibird minigun and the bobblehead (the magazine had respawned however).

However, I also came back to Cambridge college square after cleaning it and tons of things had respawned, including some power cores in an ammo box.

Considering that I'm finding more and more of the previously rare ammo types as I level up, even in low level areas, I'm guessing this is a type of level-scaling content. Although it could be my rank 2 scrounger perk but I doubt that, scrounger seems more about how much ammo you find.

I also met my first Radscorpion and those bugs with a stinger, in a location where I had previously killed bloatflies and radroaches, so this looks like level scaling too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:13:58 am by Sirian »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: November 18, 2015, 07:14:09 am »

I have to know where. Is it a full suit?
Yes, it is.

There's two (though they'll only spawn if you've above level 28 IIRC). The one I found is in

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 462