Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829988 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3645 on: November 17, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »

Incidentally: Not only do item containers respawn after sufficient time, so do pre-placed items in the world. I've gone back to places I cleared very early on and found the exact same arrangements of items in the exact same places and numbers, which I know I looted the first time around.

Yep. This should be adjusted, because it looks and feels stupid. This isn't DayZ.
At least, they should make it so after you finish the story (or some major questline), or after some level (60+/70+) it starts to regen, because at that point the game will be mostly a sandbox, open-ended game.

I mean, once I attacked a Gunner camp, left for 2 minutes and went back and everything had regenned. So that's pretty silly.

-
By the way, I want to make a minor spoilery question. There's a place which people speak a weird language (to me), it sounds scandinavian.
Is it swedish? I couldn't find any reason for that. But I was on a hurry so I may have missed something.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:15:58 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: November 17, 2015, 08:16:45 pm »

I wish there were a few more options when it comes to building settlements, but that's my only complaint there. Another thing I miss from NV was being able to craft ammo. With the new crafting system, you'd think I'd be able to turn all of these components into bullets. Guess I'm gonna have to get a mod for that.
Like this?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: November 17, 2015, 08:21:40 pm »

Huh, I honestly didn't think this would come out until the creation kit was out. Good to know.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: November 17, 2015, 08:56:59 pm »

Incidentally: Not only do item containers respawn after sufficient time, so do pre-placed items in the world. I've gone back to places I cleared very early on and found the exact same arrangements of items in the exact same places and numbers, which I know I looted the first time around.

Yep. This should be adjusted, because it looks and feels stupid. This isn't DayZ.
At least, they should make it so after you finish the story (or some major questline), or after some level (60+/70+) it starts to regen, because at that point the game will be mostly a sandbox, open-ended game.

I mean, once I attacked a Gunner camp, left for 2 minutes and went back and everything had regenned. So that's pretty silly.

-
By the way, I want to make a minor spoilery question. There's a place which people speak a weird language (to me), it sounds scandinavian.
Is it swedish? I couldn't find any reason for that. But I was on a hurry so I may have missed something.
The home of the Agility bobblehead, right? Considering the place's name, I'd assume that it's something Nordic/North Germanic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: November 17, 2015, 09:18:52 pm »

God, I hate the friggin size limit.

I mean, why cant I build housing for 40 people at the red rocket truck stop if I want to, complete with dining and bathrooms?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: November 17, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

its a gas station
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: November 17, 2015, 09:20:44 pm »

Remember that foundation floors are your friend. And can look pretty awesome at certain locations, such as the swampy areas or the coast.
Also, new settlers will automatically start farming, If there aren't any available farming jobs, they will do scavenging. Not sure how effective scavenging is.

Scavaging brings 3 random junk items every day (junk can include water and non-meat food items)

But they don't tell you what they brought.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: November 17, 2015, 09:35:16 pm »

God, I hate the friggin size limit.

I mean, why cant I build housing for 40 people at the red rocket truck stop if I want to, complete with dining and bathrooms?

It really is boring. But I read there's some sort of exploit, that you can drop lots of weapons and pick them back up, and the size limit will go down
I haven't tested it though, and it wasn't from a reliable source, but if you got to the limit it might be worth the try.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: November 17, 2015, 10:39:44 pm »

Mechanically, it's annoying. But, y'know, it makes sense. The largest, most well-defended and well-supplied communities in the wastes have populations numbering in the low dozens. Most farmsteads and such have fewer than ten. Frankly, it doesn't make any sense to be able to turn every fucking settlement into the equivalent of a metropolis--where are all those people coming from, for one!

I can honestly only think of two, maybe three places where that would be reasonable:

1. The Castle. Fairly large, very well-protected by geography and architecture, the military heart of the Minutemen.
2. Spectacle Island. Extremely large, extremely well-protected by geography, lots of good farmland.
3. Sanctuary. The first Minutemen settlement; thus, the first to have word to get out. Fairly large, well-protected by geography.

inb4butmuhcompression

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: November 17, 2015, 10:57:31 pm »

Yah, but all thats about is the population. Suppose I want to build a hotel for all those poor saps I got lugging shit all over the commonwealth? Well, I cant.

Im gonna try that exploit, see if it works.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:14 pm »

Well, finally got the preordered game in. Must say, the pipboy and box do look awesome. Toobad that it only takes iphones and galaxies.

Came with a season pass too.

Did it? Mine came with the little insert that had the advertisement for the season pass, though no code was found inside it.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: November 17, 2015, 11:16:09 pm »

Wait, really? Thats worrying.

-checks with sibling who has it-

Yep, its just an add. Thats ass.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: November 17, 2015, 11:32:31 pm »

Oh man oh man oh man I just saw my first functioning vehicles.
That was amazing. And explosive...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: November 18, 2015, 12:01:45 am »

PTW.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: November 18, 2015, 12:37:18 am »

I think there is a mod that removes the size limit. Don't have the time to look it up, but if you go from newest first on nexus it should be quick to find.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 462