Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830149 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3555 on: November 16, 2015, 07:09:14 pm »

My local map is just black. I tried looking it up but the internet only yields pip boy app local map problems. That too is broken.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: November 16, 2015, 07:12:44 pm »

My local map is just black. I tried looking it up but the internet only yields pip boy app local map problems. That too is broken.

Everywhere, or just in a single location?
I've noticed that if you stand in some areas like ramps, elevators or certain spots, the map goes black. Then if you move a bit it works again.
Pretty annoying. But if it just doesn't work at all, then that's bad.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: November 16, 2015, 07:17:31 pm »

Yeah, of all the complaints to level at Fallout, "But muh realisms" is one of the daftest. You can shit-talk just about any game ever made if you're using the arbitrary realism=good standard; even stuff like ArmA is full of unrealistic bullshit, and that's as close as most gamers come to reality-simming.

-snip-
FUCK THAT FUCKING BUNKER I SEARCHED FOR IT FOR TWO HOURS

Played a bit yesterday, and I have to say the most annoying feature I've encountered so far would have to be the "legendary" enemies.
Who thought that was a good idea? Is this a first-person RPG/shooter or some stupid top-down arcade shoot-'em-up?
Plenty of ways to make tough minibosses without having this nonsensical 'mutating' business. They could at least have enemies, I don't know, duck back and use a stimpack or something instead of just suddenly healing to annoy the player.

I'm okay with having to run from normal enemies, but when an almost-dead enemy inexplicably turns into a fresh enemy it pisses me off.
I don't suppose there's any way to disable them, yet? Otherwise the game is great fun.
Not disable, no (though mods will undoubtedly change that), but playing on babby modo difficulty will reduce how often they spawn.

I don't mind them on a mechanical level (though the implementation is rather shoddy); just shoot them until they heal, then unload two or three crits on their faces. I definitely don't want to get rid of them myself, not when I'm getting things like two-bullet-for-one combat rifles.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: November 16, 2015, 07:28:10 pm »

Me too, Dice, me too. For almost one hour, then I googled if it was a bug. Someone said it wasn't on local map, so I went back to searching. :P

About those two shot rifles, they really shoot two and consume one!? Damn. I just have a plasma one stored somewhere (and I don't use plasma guns since I can't ever find ammo, and I think they are too expensive for the damage)!
I'm so dumb ahahaha

E: They probably make great companion weapons. Because companions CAN'T AIM FOR SHIT!  ::)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:34:37 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: November 16, 2015, 07:32:57 pm »

About those two shot rifles, they really shoot two and consume one!? Damn. I just have a plasma one stored somewhere (and I don't use plasma guns since I can't ever find ammo, and I think they are too expensive for the damage)!
I'm so dumb ahahaha

They do indeed, but they also seem to have twice the kick. I picked up the that two-for-one combat rifle available in that one shop, and noticed that in full auto the kick is noticeably worse than the same setup on a normal combat rifle. Of course, given that the gun tears just about anything to pieces in a burst of cheap .45 ammo I can't complain too much.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: November 16, 2015, 07:34:17 pm »

Everywhere, or just in a single location?
I've noticed that if you stand in some areas like ramps, elevators or certain spots, the map goes black. Then if you move a bit it works again.
Pretty annoying. But if it just doesn't work at all, then that's bad.

Out in the world. In the middle of rooms. Everywhere, at least until I gave up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: November 16, 2015, 07:41:46 pm »

I like Fallout 4 but I can honestly see what people don't like about it.

The Scavenging is probably the feature they should have thought through quite a bit more. As it causes what I call "Letting players have less fun playing the game" or something like that, because you need EVERYTHING you can get your hands on.

Not to mention there are some features that GOOD LUCK knowing how to use them. Some which are absolutely vital information that show up only in tool tips.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:59:42 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: November 16, 2015, 08:00:34 pm »

Eh, there's an audience. It hits the Minecraft/Terraria crowd who want an endless cycle of harvesting and building, and it hits the DayZ and cRPG crowds who want an endless cycle of killing and looting.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: November 16, 2015, 08:03:30 pm »

Eh, there's an audience. It hits the Minecraft/Terraria crowd who want an endless cycle of harvesting and building, and it hits the DayZ and cRPG crowds who want an endless cycle of killing and looting.

I don't quite think it appeals to that audience.

I needs one who can overlook the limitations and outright problems with the game. The cRPG crowds will be offput by the sheer amount of looting they have to do. While the Minecraft crowd will be offput by how wretched the town building is.

There is this weird thing when I am playing the game. I know the game is good, but for some reason it just isn't as fun as the two previous games.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:23:41 pm by Neonivek »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: November 16, 2015, 08:36:14 pm »

now, there was that lake where i helped some asshole to fix a pump during one of the many unimportant side quests.

recently, one of my 2 people settlements complained again - buhuu, there are raiders just a few miles from here and they BREATH! you go fix plz!!, with took me back to that location.
and wow, that scenery is impressive! totally worth it. so... if some asshole asks you to fix his pump for little pay and even less gratitude, do eet!

regarding legendaries:
they are indeed tied to the difficulty, as the loading tips say sometimes. they drop also great gear, so i like them.
btw, if you hit them hard enough with the first hit, they just die. like, i have lvl 4 rifle man + lvl 4 ninaj, and when i hit them in the head with a fully charged railgun sneak attack, they do not mutate ;)

regarding twoshot rifles:
im fairly sure they dont consume two bullets per shot. i also think they dont produce two decals or shoot two tracers. they just do double dmg. overseers guardian is my best friend <3
sadly, i havnt found a double shot assault shotgun yet.but just imagine... a doubleshot railgun o.O
sad, my legendaries seem to love to drop leather armour. its very rare they actually bring me something i have use for, tho i have two leg armor thingies with +10 movement speed so thats cool

regarding scavingin:
the pain got vastly reduced for me when i learned that i can use the E key as substitute for enter.
i also dont like the base building meta game, if i wanted that i would play sims (with actually has an unbroken house building interface).
anyway, all you need are waterpumps, beds, some fud and heavy machine gun turrets. there is no real point in building fences as raiders just spawn from thin air (and proably within your walls anyway).
settlers dont seem to care if there is actually a roof over their bed, if htey have a chair to sit on, or if there is any entertainment around. untill you have local leader, and you are after the tiny income shops can produce, there also is no benefit from having many settlers.
so.... if you dont like the base building stuff, you can shorten that part with very little efford.

ah, one tip: its a realy good idea to have water purification and a generator to power it. it actually will produce purified water directly into your workbench stockpile, and that stuff is not only free healing, it also sells quite well.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:49:54 pm by motorbitch »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: November 16, 2015, 08:44:13 pm »

excuse this, but

>cRPG players
>too much looting

3. Run Resize Enable

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: November 16, 2015, 09:05:13 pm »

How do you make your settlement more attractive for settlers? I only have 9 people in Sanctuary and I'm not sure how to get more. Happiness is at 78%. I have a beacon active, more food, water and beds than I need but nobody seems to want to settle there.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: November 16, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »

spawning new settlers seem to be completely random.
the maximum seems to be 16 anyway. so... 9 already is quite large.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: November 16, 2015, 09:10:26 pm »

How do you make your settlement more attractive for settlers? I only have 9 people in Sanctuary and I'm not sure how to get more. Happiness is at 78%. I have a beacon active, more food, water and beds than I need but nobody seems to want to settle there.

Blackjack and Hookers.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: November 16, 2015, 09:10:29 pm »

Oddly enough Power is a need they have.

As for "No one wants to settle here" the change is actually pretty low. You are meant to pool settlers from many settlements then just having one great settlement.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 462