Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830232 times)

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3525 on: November 16, 2015, 12:56:16 pm »

NO I MUST WAIT!!!
MUST NOT BUY OFF STEAM ATM, MUST NO BUY OF STEAM ATM!!!
GAH I SO WANT THIS GAME!!!!

Sadly cause I am Aussie, Fallout is selling at around 115$ AUD due to the exchange rate being REALLY shitty at a whole 70c for our $ T_T
But EVERYWHERE is all about Fallout! I don't want this anymore!

Greenman had it for 20% off. Worth checking out to see if they'll give you the US price. Otherwise I'd go to G2A.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: November 16, 2015, 01:42:00 pm »

Spoiler: close to sanctuary (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: November 16, 2015, 01:52:35 pm »

speaking bout suddenly ded, anyone else sometimes just dies?
like, having a nice walk through the desert and then having heart attack from thin air? happend to me some 4 times now. im sure no enemy was involved.

also, some of these settlers are getting on my nerves. they repeat their lines over and over and wont shut up when they are near me.
i now started to exile them all somewhere i never visit, without food, water or beds. stupid fuckers. strong was the worst of them, always standing next to the workshops, always blabbering the same 4 lines till i thought i went crazy.

anyway, exiling is a good solution, tho there are these two bitches that where with the group of the 4 minuteman i rescued at the start, and they refuse to let themself get exiled.
maybe i need a more violent solution to make them shut up permanently.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: November 16, 2015, 01:55:23 pm »

Finally went to Goodneighbor. Gotta say, I was suprised to find
there.

My favorite part of the game so far :D

I agree completely. I smiled.  :P

THE WORLD DELOADS
I SEE GRASS BUT NO GROUND
I FALL DOWN

DED

hahaha, wow. The 3 worst bugs I had was actually the same one: random instakills.
One, I was just walking and passed in front of a car. I die.
Second, walking by a random road...random instakill. (This was probably due to the "disappearing mines when quick loading" bug)
Third, I killed an alpha deathclaw. Looted him. Walked over his corpse......random instakill.
In all three, my guy yells, and I jump from the chair. One of them really scared the shit out of me.

Full-auto laser rifles are absurdly good as long as you mod them for as much recoil control/reduction as possible; my attempts at a laser SMG and scattergun went from straight ahead to aiming at the ceiling in less than a second.

I was planning on going full energy weapons..but I found shotguns and assault rifles much more effective for some reason.
Unless I'm missing something. The only damage perk I have is the Rifleman one, which gives higher damage and armor penetration with semi-auto weapons.
The Assault Rifle is my go-to weapon, currently. It's really good as a semi-auto. I still bring a sniper and a combat shotgun...so much for a "energy weapon" build, ha.
However, I must say that an automatic, full moded, no-reload legendary laser rifle is pretty good. :P

And I'm gonna have to take a break on the game. I've avoided real life for too long after I got it.  ::)

E: Almost Ninja'd.

@motorbitch
The way to go is dumping companions on a location. I put them all on Red Rocket.
And Sanctuary...yeah, Sturges is the worst. He hangs by workshops and keeps saying "I'm busy!" and other crap.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:58:35 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: November 16, 2015, 02:13:46 pm »

man, i just encountered my first legendary

that being a legendary radroach

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: November 16, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »

Speaking of Goodneighbor, I never imagined that I'd say this, but um,

that ghoul merchant named Daisy? I think she's attractive.

That is all.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: November 16, 2015, 02:17:38 pm »

NO I MUST WAIT!!!
MUST NOT BUY OFF STEAM ATM, MUST NO BUY OF STEAM ATM!!!
GAH I SO WANT THIS GAME!!!!

Sadly cause I am Aussie, Fallout is selling at around 115$ AUD due to the exchange rate being REALLY shitty at a whole 70c for our $ T_T
But EVERYWHERE is all about Fallout! I don't want this anymore!

Greenman had it for 20% off. Worth checking out to see if they'll give you the US price. Otherwise I'd go to G2A.
HAHAHAH G2A!!!!!
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
What is this beautiful place of wonder!?!?!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: November 16, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »

man, i just encountered my first legendary

that being a legendary radroach

Was my first one too. Still, I found one of those on level 40. Guess I was just in a 'bad' part of town.  :P

Speaking of Goodneighbor, I never imagined that I'd say this, but um,

that ghoul merchant named Daisy? I think she's attractive.

That is all.
HAHAHAHA Ghoul Lover!

I'll go for Kleo.

That is all.
(I was going to write "Analyzing.", butt better not)

E: By the way, even though I'm having a blast with the game, I'm all aware of its shortcomings.
I saw this steam review and had a good laugh. Posting this in case someone didn't see it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:41:29 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: November 16, 2015, 03:15:21 pm »

Played a bit yesterday, and I have to say the most annoying feature I've encountered so far would have to be the "legendary" enemies.
Who thought that was a good idea? Is this a first-person RPG/shooter or some stupid top-down arcade shoot-'em-up?
Plenty of ways to make tough minibosses without having this nonsensical 'mutating' business. They could at least have enemies, I don't know, duck back and use a stimpack or something instead of just suddenly healing to annoy the player.

I'm okay with having to run from normal enemies, but when an almost-dead enemy inexplicably turns into a fresh enemy it pisses me off.
I don't suppose there's any way to disable them, yet? Otherwise the game is great fun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 16, 2015, 03:42:35 pm »

anyway, exiling is a good solution, tho there are these two bitches that where with the group of the 4 minuteman i rescued at the start, and they refuse to let themself get exiled.
maybe i need a more violent solution to make them shut up permanently.

I can tell you from experience that that, unfortunately, is also not a option.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 16, 2015, 03:46:15 pm »

yeah, it doesnt work :( tho, shootign them into the head seems to make them move away, so thats at least a temporal help.

new quest: kidnapping at sanctuary hills.
i go there, i come back. i drop my loot into the workshop. blabla. new quest: kidnapping at sanctuary hills.
sigh. go there. come back. sell some stuff to my own shops.
new quest: kidnapping ah what the fuck.
i turn on the recruitment beacon.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 16, 2015, 04:01:22 pm »

Weak.

Apparently the default names for modded weapons far, far exceeds what you can name the weapons yourself. I presume this is the same for armor.

I mean, how the hell did that pass QA? Would it really have been that hard, or memory intensive, or whatever other possible reason, to allow custom names to exceed 26 characters? I mean, really?

Grr, and also can't rename things that you can't modify. So I can't rename my charisma "suit" (glasses, hat, dress), to cluster them in my inventory list, because they can't be modified.

C'mon, Bethesda, spend 5 minutes playing your own damn game.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:05:44 pm by Niveras »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 16, 2015, 04:06:36 pm »

Usually when playing a game, one finds all the flaws it has quite early, Be it many or few.
This game... After getting the large flaws out of the way in the start of the game It just keeps on showing small minor ones the longer one play. Be it game mechanics that when getting more familliar with shows the flaws or small things one notices when the freshness of the experience starts fading.
Spoiler: Common complaints (click to show/hide)

Anyway, The people at Bethseda must have some schizophrenic relationship with time and entropy.
There are so many things in the world that have no relation to elapsed time it seems.
Most objects would have been rubble, rust or dirt with no maintenance and being exposed to acid rain and whatever other enviromental catastrophy the nukes caused.
There are so many skeletons outside that I assume are intended to look like they died when the nukes went off.
The minutemen general has been dead for 3 years but his corpse looks like less than a week passed.
Somehow, one finds pipe weapons and caps in areas that have been sealed for 200 years.
The list can go on for a long time but I guess they went with the dramatic appearance and said fuck logic.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: November 16, 2015, 04:20:14 pm »

so, apparently some toxic waste + human bones = oil.

i wonder if this is the reason why there are so many oil wars. the byproducts of the war apparently produce MORE oil.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: November 16, 2015, 04:39:09 pm »

I am wondering why ceos of poseidon energy tier companies or high military officials
would keep a pipe pistol in safe
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 462