Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830521 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: codsworth should be everyone's waifu
« Reply #3375 on: November 14, 2015, 04:11:18 pm »

I got an achievement recently: "Touchdown". The description for it is just "Score a touchdown" which left me really confused because

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3376 on: November 14, 2015, 04:21:42 pm »

I got an achievement recently: "Touchdown". The description for it is just "Score a touchdown" which left me really confused because

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: November 14, 2015, 04:52:17 pm »

I think most people weren't able to appreciate kill loot return when I made it thread title the first time, me included.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: November 14, 2015, 05:18:07 pm »

EDIT: By the way, I've started finding logs of people who left their bunkers (or whatever place they survived the bombs) only 1-3 months after it happened.
How could these people even survive? Wasn't there a nuclear winter that could kill you in weeks/months?

The story of what happened after the bombs fell has always been a little... inconsistent. In both the old fallouts and the new.
Love, scriver~

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: November 14, 2015, 05:20:42 pm »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: November 14, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »

I think most people weren't able to appreciate kill loot return when I made it thread title the first time, me included.

Not to its completion, no. I liked it because that's pretty much the process on Beth games, found it really fitting..however, when you wrote it, did you know that:
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: November 14, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »

Probably those guys getting out of bunkers were part of military with access to power armour and antirads in standart med aid kits. Just like on sierra base holotape logs

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: November 14, 2015, 06:23:03 pm »

So, time to talk factions.

Which one are you guys planning to support?

After testing the waters a bit with each of them I'm pretty firmly going Railroad.
Minutemen are pretty much neutral and don't really seem to have any stake in the plot aside from just "being there"...maybe they're intended as this games "wild card" ending?
Maxson is a fascist maniac, so while the BOS at large is MOSTLY ok...ish, I can't see myself actually siding with them in any serious capacity.
The Institute is definitely nicer then one would expect and there ARE RP reasons to join, but this is a Bethesda made Fallout instead of an Obsidian one so there isn't gonna be any opportunity to sit them down and shake sense into them about the sentience of their creations.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: November 14, 2015, 06:26:13 pm »

I'm probably gonna go railroad too, though I have to ask, can you officially join the brotherhood of steel or are you just limited to initiate?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: November 14, 2015, 06:29:24 pm »

I'm probably gonna go railroad too, though I have to ask, can you officially join the brotherhood of steel or are you just limited to initiate?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:32:30 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: November 14, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »

That's kind of spoiler-y, BFEL. I'd spoiler it if I were you.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: November 14, 2015, 06:50:16 pm »

Yeah, you can.

Also, it should be spoilere'd, yeah.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: November 14, 2015, 07:14:48 pm »

My settlementing interface keeps telling me to "build something that requires power" despite having built a whole lot of stuff that does so (and powered them).

It's annoying.

I had that too, I fixed it by building one of the powered turrets and linking it to the grid, then storing it away for later use.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: November 14, 2015, 07:22:39 pm »

How many people are playing on PC with an nvidia card and not crashing randomly? ("Display driver stopped responding and recovered") Happens pretty randomly - could be five minutes into loading in, could be hours in.

Apparently it is a thing, which explains my own problems. Found lots of suggested fixes but none of them work; I'm not sure if it's because of multiple factors causing the same problem, or if the people posting them think they work just because they got lucky and went a few hours without crashing, but didn't report back to their own post to say that the fix didn't work after all. Read at least one post saying that he seemed to run fine with a 770 versus the 680, though that doesn't help me with a 660 TI.

Nvidia Geforce 720m here. I've encountered no crashes at all.
I've encounter three bugs so far in my 26 hours.
Two were graphical - the glow from a laser turret remained in place in the air after it was destroyed and a water ripple was a foot above the water.
The last glitch was a radroach stuck inside a wall.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: November 14, 2015, 07:28:45 pm »

Hmm I heard before release you could join as many factions as you wanted (as long as no conflicts occured, I guess?)

So I'm interested in listening what the Railroad has to say, but haven't bumped into them yet. So I currently think they are people who have fetishes for robots.
I mean, I don't see the point of that faction just by hearing a tape and reading a note from them. Probably there's a whole lot more to it, though.

I joined the Brotherhood as initiate and I'm doing their stuff. As you can hear in probably the first holotape about them, you'll hear that:

I also joined the Minutemen. I think they are a basic foundation for the future of the Commonwealth.
But they seem overly stupid (Hey, let's save the world by walking around looking dumb with some flashy guns and protect people! We don't know what tactics or strategy are, though, but that's pre-war stuff!). Seem like it needs a dose of a Lone Survivor to get them on the right track.

Still don't know a whole lot about the factions though, and BoS/Minutemen is really the ones I have contact with.
I didn't do many quests yet, as I always go around exploring and building.
And by the way, the first time I saw someone walking in a T-60 was pretty awesome. It looks great!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 462