Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831058 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: THE HYPE TRAIN HAS REACHED ITS DESTINATION
« Reply #2955 on: November 10, 2015, 06:35:04 am »

Well, it's not totally gone; power armor pieces get damaged and have to be repaired or replaced.

That said, I don't think it's really viable; they've already got two gigantic resource sinks in the form of modding stuff and building stuff. Instead of playing square-peg round-hole with looted guns, I'm breaking them down for steel.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: November 10, 2015, 06:57:56 am »

Meh. I don't know. After getting used to durability, feels like cheating to never have to worry about it.  :P

And yeah, I really like the new gear and items and stuff. Everything feels much more "post-apocalyptic" when most weapons have different components and all that.

By the way, in which difficulty are you playing? I feel like Very Hard makes bosses very much impossible - unless you are with higher level than the boss, with good gear.
Hard seems to be "Normal".
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: November 10, 2015, 07:13:47 am »

Hard, yeah.

There's another quality of life improvement: Remember all those times you donked shots on fences, metal grate floors, &c.? You can shoot straight through almost all of them now. 'course, that also means you can get shot from below or above and barely be able to see whatever's shooting you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: November 10, 2015, 07:36:03 am »

If that's true then there's either worlds of difference between ultra and what they've been showcasing, or they've optimised it like a lion trying to fuck a small rodent.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: November 10, 2015, 09:01:53 am »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: November 10, 2015, 09:09:05 am »

Looking at some lets plays I notice that you can grab things from containers without actually "opening" them as far as a little GUI window is concerned, making it much quicker to rummage around. These kinds of intuitive improvements look great. To that extent the "streamlining" away from its RPG roots isn't something I'm totally against. A lot of classic RPG features are very clunky and don't translate well for modern game players.

Hassely containers and inventories are not what people are usually against streamlining away, you know. Those things aren't usually what people miss about old games.

game's silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWwiPRfLNME

God, that Norwegian accent...
Love, scriver~

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: November 10, 2015, 09:13:37 am »

Looking at some lets plays I notice that you can grab things from containers without actually "opening" them as far as a little GUI window is concerned, making it much quicker to rummage around. These kinds of intuitive improvements look great. To that extent the "streamlining" away from its RPG roots isn't something I'm totally against. A lot of classic RPG features are very clunky and don't translate well for modern game players.

Hassely containers and inventories are not what people are usually against streamlining away, you know. Those things aren't usually what people miss about old games.

game's silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWwiPRfLNME

God, that Norwegian accent...
He's Swedish

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: November 10, 2015, 09:14:18 am »

Then why does he speak with a Norwegian accent? Check m8 atheists
Love, scriver~

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: November 10, 2015, 09:39:31 am »

I only have 4GB of system memory (old-ass mobo) so I wasn't expecting to be able to run this at all, but it goes pretty well.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: November 10, 2015, 09:50:16 am »

Lol, Bethesda are shit it making games.
I wonder what would happen if for just one release, everyone collectively refused to fix Beth's games for them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: November 10, 2015, 10:06:42 am »

I am interested is this a console port with a console interface (inventory and similar) like the last few games (skyrim, fallout 3, oblivion) or is it not, and has normal interface you would expect from a PC game?
Make love not war

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: November 10, 2015, 10:08:04 am »

ugh those fucking comments.

also the engine ticks being tied to game fps makes no sense, how could that even happen, that wasn't a thing in previous games and afaik this game runs on the same engine.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: November 10, 2015, 10:09:04 am »

Same engine as Skyrim, same engine problems as Skyrim.

I am interested is this a console port with a console interface (inventory and similar) like the last few games (skyrim, fallout 3, oblivion) or is it not, and has normal interface you would expect from a PC game?
According to some reviewers the key layout isn't so hot. Menus having inconsistent buttons for back and accept and so on. Think Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:11:03 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: November 10, 2015, 10:13:38 am »

also the engine ticks being tied to game fps makes no sense,
very true

that wasn't a thing in previous games and afaik this game runs on the same engine.
it was. tho its not a problem if you drop below vsync, if you disable vsync, the game will run faster if you have more then 60fps.
especially annoying as this engine also has mouse lag and acceleration tied to vsync.

edit: to make it clear: you have to mod the game to make it run faster then intended, even though its only a config file mod.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:15:56 am by motorbitch »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: November 10, 2015, 10:15:26 am »

Didn't know it was also a thing in Skyrim. Maybe it's not easy to fix, maybe its part of the console port thing.

Still doesn't seem like that huge of a problem, tbh. from the video author's tone he seems to be kicking up a huge amount of fuss and trying to create drama about something that apparently didn't bother many people in previous games.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 462