Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831095 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: THE HYPE TRAIN HAS REACHED ITS DESTINATION
« Reply #2925 on: November 10, 2015, 12:04:41 am »

IT'S HAPPENING AND IT'S AT 14 MINUTES FOR ME NOW

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 10, 2015, 12:05:28 am »

IT'S UNPACKING AND INSTALLING NOT UPDATING WHY ARE WE TYPING IN CAPS AND NOT USING PUNCTUATION AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ALL OF THIS WON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT MY VIDEO CARD IS SHIT
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: November 10, 2015, 12:07:42 am »

Played for about 7 hours.

1. I'm not particularly sure what I'm doing. I mean, the main quest seems pretty urgent, but my dude seems to lack any sort of urgency. Which is okay I guess. It's open world after all.

2. But seriously, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just derping around the wasteland looting shit to build shit and looting more shit to build shit. Not really sure why. It's like Diablo or Terraria in that sense.

3. The new dialogue system sucks ass. Being limited to only four choices for each conversation is really stupid. And sometimes I don't even know what the hell the option is. The worst part is that most of the "explain further" choices lock you out of the "decision" choices. So let's say you're talking about a lost locket. You get the choice of "where is it?", "no", "yes", "already have it". If you select "where is it" it automatically assumes you said yes and if you select the other choices, you don't get to ask where it is. There's tonnes of situations like that and it's annoying.

4. There's bugs to be expected. I ran into a mine where all the textures were incomplete so it was a giant grey block for example. Also lots of dialogue and quest bugs. Highly recommend saving often.

5. Why does power armor run out of energy so fast?

6. Deathclaws are pretty scary.

7. The crafting is pretty good. It's very extensive. I'm still using a modified version of my starting pistol.

8. The new perk system is kinda... meh. I think the problem with it is that a lot of the perks are boring due to most of them either being some kind of percentage stat buff or unlocking a crafting / roguish ability. I'm also annoyed at how many crafting perks there are. Would it really have killed them to just make it one or two perks that govern them?

9. I like the armor layering system but I wish I could layer over more base clothes. For example, I can put additional pads on military fatigues but not on a suit. Why? It'd look so cool.

10. I wish I could save outfits. Having to dump on all my radiation gear then reequip all my normal gear afterwards is annoying. Right now you can only save one single equipment piece at a time.

11. I'm playing on hard, but other than the deathclaw fight, I've never really felt in danger or challenged so I've never bothered to put any perks into offensive stuff.

12. The graphics are really here and there. Some of the scenery is really pretty but some of the character models and textures need some serious work. Not all of them though. For example, your butler robot looks quite nice. However, it runs pretty good. My system is doing 60fps 1080 no problem. No crashes either. There was this radiation storm I ran into that was quite pretty.

13. I'm actually kinda confused why this dude is running around the wasteland building shit all over the place. But I guess he's supposed to represent me so... why am I running around the wasteland building shit all over the place? I dunno. I saved this one farm, then dismantled all their shit and stole all their crops. Now that family is just chilling doing nothing.

14. I can't wait for UI mods. The crafting menu especially needs some serious work.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: November 10, 2015, 12:09:17 am »

IM TYPING THIS AT WORK, HOLLLLLLYYYYY SHHHIIITTTT. I GET OFF AT 1AM.

FUCK IN A HANDBASKET.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: November 10, 2015, 12:10:10 am »

I'll probably put a spoiler tag on this. Just in case.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:21:36 am by Ultimuh »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: November 10, 2015, 12:16:12 am »

Aaaand unpacking DONE!

Also it auto-detected and set everything to Ultra, max drawdistances on everything. HYYPE.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: November 10, 2015, 01:06:16 am »

FINISHED UPDATING

STILL NOT PLAYING YET. HAS TO DO FIRST TIME SETUP GAHHHH
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: November 10, 2015, 01:14:13 am »

I just finished making my character. Took one hour, and I just did minimal changes to both the male/female. I suck at that new generator.

And man..my HD 6870 never ceases to amaze me. It's working at over 30FPS with some stuff on medium. Gotta see how bad the hit will be when I finally get to the wasteland.
There's some weird, ugly bugs with anti-alias, but everything else seems fine for now.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: November 10, 2015, 01:15:37 am »

I'll probably get the game once it's on abandonware. :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: November 10, 2015, 01:22:21 am »

Bethesda's still offering Arena. Good luck.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: November 10, 2015, 01:26:08 am »

Of all places, Reddit had a pretty good review of the game: (sorry, can't make a pretty linky link right now)
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3s4vkh/my_review_of_fallout_4_and_1080p_pc_video/

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: November 10, 2015, 01:33:46 am »

Midnight launch was a success! Lots of copies sold (and a couple of Tomb Raiders,) lots of season passes sold, lots of strategy guides sold. We super annihilated our goal. ^_^ Highlight of the night was me doing trivia, stumping the hell out of a crowd of people (questions like, "What was the name of the Vault 101 Overseer?" "Which game had Vault 0 in it?") on 9 of 11 questions, and then misfiring on a thrown t-shirt. I wound up throwing it like a little girl. Hilarious.

Lowlight of the night: Store was closed at 12:30am, line was done at 12:16am. Some guy calls up at 12:45 and cusses me out because we're closed. I was already counting the registers at that point. Nothing I could do for him, and he did not give a single shit. I wound up getting him to hang up on me, and went about my closing duties. Some people, man. World doesn't revolve around a single one of us, and it'd be great if everyone knew that.

Anyway, I got a free t-shirt, and there's now less than one hour to the Falloutening! Woo!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: November 10, 2015, 01:37:04 am »

*weeps loudly at his lack of money*
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: November 10, 2015, 01:37:42 am »

lol i knew the name of the vault 101 overseer (i remember it starting with a vowel and being ludicrously european for fallout) and vault 0 was... friggin, tactics i'm pretty sure, at least i'm pretty sure it's not BoS

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: November 10, 2015, 01:39:18 am »

So I finally got the game up and running...and turns out I CAN'T RUN THE GAME.

HOORAY FOR THROWING SIXTY DOLLARS DOWN THE TOILET BECAUSE THE LOWEST SETTINGS INCLUDE ANIMATING ALL INTERNAL ORGANS HYPER REALISTICALLY AND MY MACHINE HAS THE COMPUTER EQUIVALENT OF CANCER.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 462