Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830849 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Dogmeat confirmed main antagonist
« Reply #2850 on: November 09, 2015, 06:39:29 am »

Meanwhile, no one talks about how the nearly blank game discs Beth's been selling are actually relay antennae for the ZeniMax orbital mind control device which will brainwash everyone into thinking Fallout 4 is a masterpiece superior to the original in every way, shape, and form. This is the only reason anyone will say positive things about the game.

Your hat seems very nice. Where I can get one?

I believe your mistaking for sincerity Leyic's ludicrously hyperbolic sarcasming over how some people think it's perfectly plausible that a company with a dedicated marketing department might make use of marketing campaigns and strategies to whip up hype for their just-about-to-be-released game. Apparently Leyic thinks that is on par with crazy conspiracy theorists.
Love, scriver~

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: November 09, 2015, 07:02:36 am »

Meanwhile, no one talks about how the nearly blank game discs Beth's been selling are actually relay antennae for the ZeniMax orbital mind control device which will brainwash everyone into thinking Fallout 4 is a masterpiece superior to the original in every way, shape, and form. This is the only reason anyone will say positive things about the game.

Your hat seems very nice. Where I can get one?

I believe your mistaking for sincerity Leyic's ludicrously hyperbolic sarcasming over how some people think it's perfectly plausible that a company with a dedicated marketing department might make use of marketing campaigns and strategies to whip up hype for their just-about-to-be-released game. Apparently Leyic thinks that is on par with crazy conspiracy theorists.
After reading that five times I'm still not certain which side of fence you are standing on.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: November 09, 2015, 09:04:43 am »

Anxiously awaiting my pre-order and sort of sad that I went for the physical edition, meaning that I can't preload in preparation for midnight tonight.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: November 09, 2015, 09:19:42 am »

Outside XBox released a video detailing at least 24 sarcastic dialogue options, which is nice. I always love playing a snarky prick.
Black lives matter.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: November 09, 2015, 09:24:01 am »

Well, reviews are out now and though I wont say it's getting hammered on...I'd definitely say there's a lot of passive aggressive, "between the lines" in the majority of them.  Consensus seems to be that it's "more of the same" or "Skyrim with guns", but as nicely as reviewers seem to be able to say it.  Pretty telling that most are giving it in the ranges of 8-8.8, depending on the rating scale the reviewer goes by.

Bethesda, please just stop trying to get Emil Pagliarulo to head this series and give John Gonzalez and Chris Avellone dumptrucks full of money to come back and rein in the series.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: November 09, 2015, 09:28:42 am »

Yeah, I posted one a few days earlier. I won't doubt there will be a lot of cognitive dissonance though.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: November 09, 2015, 09:56:16 am »

a lot of cognitive dissonance
But puppy! How can you not embrace the puppy, you heretic! *insert a generic "everyone loves different things" relativity-based excuse for buying the game based on pre-order hype*
._.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:59 am »

So, I bought this game, which is really saying something for me. I don't buy anything and I haven't pre-ordered anything since 2006. As I'm working the midnight event, I don't get to download until I get home sometime after 2am. The good news is, though, that I have the next two days off.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:31:50 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: November 09, 2015, 11:08:14 am »

Well, reviews are out now and though I wont say it's getting hammered on...I'd definitely say there's a lot of passive aggressive, "between the lines" in the majority of them.  Consensus seems to be that it's "more of the same" or "Skyrim with guns", but as nicely as reviewers seem to be able to say it.  Pretty telling that most are giving it in the ranges of 8-8.8, depending on the rating scale the reviewer goes by.

Bethesda, please just stop trying to get Emil Pagliarulo to head this series and give John Gonzalez and Chris Avellone dumptrucks full of money to come back and rein in the series.

I tend not to take reviewers reviews seriously anymore; I fail to see how Skyrim with guns is a bad thing. Also why compare to Skyrim, my comparison of the combat and exploration is much more similar to FO3 and NV and that simple goodness of running around exploring and killing bandits/mutated critters is timeless gameplay. I mean, did those reviewers even try to set up a trade empire between 3 settlements, using the funds to create the baddest greaser gang in the wastes, and using said greaser gang to kill gangs of super mutants? Fun is what you make it, and most reviewers aren't looking for the fun.

However, I do agree Chris should be brought back. He'd reset the setting by nuking the NCR and disbanding the Legion and basically reset the entire setting, and reset the gameplay by reintroducing isometric gameplay in 3D, hexes and all. Not to mention RNG rolls, where dogmeat might critical fail so hard he bites his own head off. This would be a real reboot of the series, but im happy so far with what I've seen in presentations and trailers of Fallout 4.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:18:08 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: November 09, 2015, 11:10:17 am »

It's a Fallout 3/NV game, which I had fun with. May or may not be worth $60 US but worth buying in the end if you like modern Fallout. That seems to be the consensus.

Giant Bomb has a PS4 quick look video up.

New thread title suggestion:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:24:51 am by BigD145 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: November 09, 2015, 12:09:00 pm »

It's a Fallout 3/NV game, which I had fun with. May or may not be worth $60 US
that's why a lot of people decided to pre-order it on GMG.
45 euros for a brand new game where you more or less know what to expect (hype aside, i assume most people here know what to expect from a beth game), which will likely have an active modding scene is a pretty good deal, imo. not to mention that you won't get a better one for a while.

E:
also why not, even though i havent watched any videos or read any reviews yet.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:19:34 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: KILL LOOT RETURN
« Reply #2861 on: November 09, 2015, 12:43:10 pm »

It's why I bought a DVD copy (Comcast data cap rollout being the other reason), because I know it'll be cracked and I plan on heavily modding it. Users tend to do some good bug fixing.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: November 09, 2015, 12:47:54 pm »

I plan on copying and 7zipping the entire Fallout 4 folder after starting it up the first time as a backup for future modding. To "reinstall" all you gotta do is delete the existing Fallout 4 folder in steamapps and replace it with your pristine copy from the zip and go into steam and verify game files. Volia; clean install for modding. I'm so ready for those nude mods.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:49:52 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: November 09, 2015, 12:51:44 pm »

First mod I'll probably get is weapon model revamp mod.

I'm not a huge fan of Fallout 4's huge gun models, especially for the assault rifle and plasma rifle.

They are just... so.... huge.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: November 09, 2015, 12:55:24 pm »

[insert meet the heavy here]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 462