Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830751 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Dogmeat confirmed main antagonist
« Reply #2820 on: November 08, 2015, 07:23:50 pm »

I mean, seriously dude.

Bay 12 isn't a hivemind, and people do change their opinion based on what they see... at least, they should, anyway. But there's different people with different opinions in this thread, so of course it's going to flip-flop a bit based on who's posting.

People have a lot of hopes for fallout 4; if they see things that don't look good, they're going to be worried, and depending on their opinions on previous titles perhaps for them it is ruined. And they can say that.

I'm personally reserving judgement until I play it myself.

But to be honest, your own little tantrum there hardly presents you as a beacon of rationality.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 08, 2015, 07:24:37 pm »

I'd like to point out that the people hating on the game have been pretty consistent on that front, for the most part. I've yet to see, for example, Virtz praise the game.

But since the topic changed to this, I think that hating the game before its out is silly. Then again, I think going for (and giving) spoilers and such is also quite silly.

Ninja'd by Fniff. (except the game hasn't been released yet)

Holy shit I just want to post this and I can't.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 08, 2015, 07:28:49 pm »

I especially like her interpretation of my crack about Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Like, I'm not the one who said that VNs are bad[/i], bud. Two separate points: ME and DA are basically point-and-click dating sims/dialogue trees; ME and DA are shit. Note also how I said most of their recent games. KOTOR was great. The old BG and NWN games were boss. ME and DA were shitty dating sims with linear plots designed to create the illusion of choice and depth when the only real choice was who your PC had a crappy sex cutscene with. They aren't shit because they're sorta like VNs structurally, they're shit because they're poorly designed and poorly written.

--

Unrelated: Hoo boy, yeah. If you don't want spoilers, stay far away from the internet for the next few days.

Watching that stream that was posted the other day, though, suggested that there at least the three major factions (BoS, Institute, Minutemen) are all joinable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 08, 2015, 08:33:06 pm »

I especially like her interpretation of my crack about Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Like, I'm not the one who said that VNs are bad, bud. Two separate points: ME and DA are basically point-and-click dating sims/dialogue trees; ME and DA are shit.
I'd like to remind everyone of our lord and savior's most venerated proverb. Let us abide by it.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 08, 2015, 08:48:52 pm »

Meanwhile I'll just start my preload and stare at Steam until it unlocks the game early due to my technopathic traits.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 08, 2015, 09:02:35 pm »

I especially like her interpretation of my crack about Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Like, I'm not the one who said that VNs are bad, bud. Two separate points: ME and DA are basically point-and-click dating sims/dialogue trees; ME and DA are shit.
I'd like to remind everyone of our lord and savior's most venerated proverb. Let us abide by it.
This is the internet; that is implied. You don't need to go around appending "IMO" to every statement you make.  :P

Speaking of preload, I envy you if you're just starting it now. Had mine running the download constantly since Saturday night and I'm only at 20.5GB.

At least it's not the shitty Rockstar launcher that constantly crashes, bugs out, and loses chunks of a 60GB download...

3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 08, 2015, 09:09:48 pm »

God, the last ten or so pages were hard to read.

This is like when I read two contradictory "news" articles by two different people and think "GODDAMNIT MEDIA MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!" #joke #hashtag
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 08, 2015, 09:18:30 pm »

Heh, seriously though. I can't speak for anyone else, but for all the shit I give Bethesda, I still have either Steam copies or boxes for Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, FO3, and FO4 kicking around. They're not perfect and they're often infuriating, but they're also still one of the few acceptable options out there for a modern 3D action-RPG set in an interesting, open world.

If everybody here genuinely despised Bethesda and their games, they wouldn't be hemming and hawwing about buying them, complaining about bugs, complaining about lies, complaining about &c., or, indeed, talking about them at all. Complaining about the flaws in something is a sign that you pay enough attention to it to notice those flaws and care enough about it to expend effort pointing them out and asking for them to be fixed.

Playing a Bethesda game is like having a best friend with some really obnoxious habits: sure, they annoy the shit out of you, and you bug them about it all the time, but they're still one of your best friends in spite of that.

3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 08, 2015, 09:19:39 pm »

Speaking of preload, I envy you if you're just starting it now. Had mine running the download constantly since Saturday night and I'm only at 20.5GB.

At least it's not the shitty Rockstar launcher that constantly crashes, bugs out, and loses chunks of a 60GB download...

But that's due to your internet? Mine is 10MB connection. I have a friend with a 50MB and that annoys me to no end.  :P
Then comes someone who lives in japan and laughs.

I shouldn't have watched an analysis of the launch trailer. I didn't notice some materials are destructible in the environment, and that the layered armor system means that shooting on a piece of armor too much may cause it to completely break/fall off.
I am a little bit sad that they don't seem to care about land vehicles. But I just want to vaporize people's armor and have them running naked while Codsworth saw their asses off.

EDIT: Derp.

Playing a Bethesda game is like having a best friend with some really obnoxious habits: sure, they annoy the shit out of you, and you bug them about it all the time, but they're still one of your best friends in spite of that.

Which is why I don't argue about Bethesda games. Most people who talk shit about it probably have two or three times the game time I have on them.
(Unless they are console peasants. Sorry to sound obnoxious, but fuck people who play console, handheld and mobile games and want to criticize games like Skyrim, Mount & Blade or X3:Albion Prelude. I pretend they don't exist.)
Nothing is perfect. Suffering is inherent to life. As long as you're human, nothing will satisfy you through your whole life. And all that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:27:00 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 08, 2015, 09:24:42 pm »

Well, the thought of downloading a 30gb game on university bandwidth just makes me want to puke, so I just bought a physical copy.

I mean, you can pick it up in store at midnight (if you are lucky), so you could have done that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 08, 2015, 09:56:41 pm »

Well, the thought of downloading a 30gb game on university bandwidth just makes me want to puke, so I just bought a physical copy.
Really? From my experience, university connections tend to be ludicrously fast.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 08, 2015, 09:57:23 pm »

Really? From my experience, university connections tend to be ludicrously fast.

Well, evidently I'm not going to the same university you went to!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 08, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »

physical copy was 60 AUD, digital copy from steam was sitting at 113 AUD. Physical all the way for me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 08, 2015, 10:08:08 pm »

Man, yeah, my university connection was easily four or five times faster than my home connection.

3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 08, 2015, 10:17:04 pm »

I mean, you can pick it up in store at midnight (if you are lucky), so you could have done that.

How many DVDs is that, and does it actually install from them? I ask because I pre-ordered Skyrim on DVD back when that came out, and then the DVD's installer just downloaded it from Steam instead of copying from the DVD. Of course, it turned out to be crashtastic anyways, so I never should've pre-ordered it in the first place. 6-9 months later or so, I ended up borrowing the XBox 360 version and eventually finished that (along with getting all the achievements) - the steam version was still unplayable as far as I could tell. (Works fine now, though! Years and years later. With fan patches.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 462