Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830678 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Dogmeat confirmed main antagonist
« Reply #2790 on: November 08, 2015, 08:31:09 am »

I dont get, why people dont like stories from skyrim or oblivion.
They're the only parts that can't be efficiently modded out and replaced with something better on every level?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: November 08, 2015, 08:36:49 am »

Me and my brother decided we're playing extreme personality builds from the get go.
any suggestions on play styles for a "Hill billy" build and a "Strong independent black women" build?
stats/playstyle/preferred wepons   

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: November 08, 2015, 09:07:43 am »

Looks like it'll be 03:00 when the game releases here. Oh well.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: November 08, 2015, 09:18:42 am »

Me and my brother decided we're playing extreme personality builds from the get go.
any suggestions on play styles for a "Hill billy" build and a "Strong independent black women" build?

"Hillbilly" Build: 5 STR, 2 PER, 5 END, 1 CHA, -1 INT, 3 AGI, 5 LCK
Take all booze based buffs. Small guns; mostly pistols and shotguns. Be baffled at any appearance of high technology.

"Strong Independent Black Woman" Build: 4 STR, 4 PER, 3 END, 1 CHA, 3 INT, 6 AGI, 8 LCK
Loudly proclaim your independence from men every chance you get. Turn around and romance the first male companion you find. Small guns only; pistols.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: November 08, 2015, 10:27:04 am »

"Hillbilly" Build: 5 STR, 2 PER, 5 END, 1 CHA, -1 INT, 3 AGI, 5 LCK
Take all booze based buffs. Small guns; mostly pistols and shotguns. Be baffled at any appearance of high technology.

"Strong Independent Black Woman" Build: 4 STR, 4 PER, 3 END, 1 CHA, 3 INT, 6 AGI, 8 LCK
Loudly proclaim your independence from men every chance you get. Turn around and romance the first male companion you find. Small guns only; pistols.

i was thinking more of unarmed power fists for independent black women.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: November 08, 2015, 10:37:47 am »

Will probably take one of my normal 3 Fallout builds first time. Not sure which one, though.

"Gunslinger", small guns user, 10 P, 8 to 10 A, rest dumped into L, I, and C. Overpowered in the first Fallout game.

"Gambler", nothing matters but L 10. Likely several points in I, C, and P.

"Manipulator", I 10, C 10, remaining points in P, A, and L. My most often used Fallout build.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: November 08, 2015, 11:38:24 am »

"MIT nerd" build
high int, high perc, low end, low str,
will do whatever he can to join MIT, be terrified or avoid entirely contact with females and animals. will use laser guns and small pistols exclusively (no heavy weapons)
any more suggestions?   

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: November 08, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »

"MIT nerd" build
high int, high perc, low end, low str,
will do whatever he can to join MIT, be terrified or avoid entirely contact with females and animals. will use laser guns and small pistols exclusively (no heavy weapons)
any more suggestions?

That's more of a Real Genius Lazlo build.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2798 on: November 08, 2015, 01:51:30 pm »

Sounds like my Gordon Freeman build: Power Armor, Energy Weapons, and Science.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: November 08, 2015, 02:17:22 pm »

where are all those streamers getting their early copies??!

Well the Gamestop I work in has had the game in storage for maybe a week now, so that's one possible explanation. Of course, no-one is allowed to take their game home, but a crafty employee willing to risk his job over a game might figure something out. Or a store manager might decide to bring his copy home early since there's very little control and he'd have to be extremely unlucky to get caught.

Also, reviewers get games from the publishers. Which is also where the linked reviewer got his, as it says at the end of the review.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:20:36 pm by Sartain »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: November 08, 2015, 03:34:09 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me if Bethesda was providing some copies to some popular streamers in hopes of building more hype prior to launch.

Also, instead of a hill billy, you should play benny hill. Get enemies to chase you and play Yakety Sax while they do so.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: November 08, 2015, 03:36:16 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me if Bethesda was providing some copies to some popular streamers in hopes of building more hype prior to launch.

Also, instead of a hill billy, you should play benny hill. Get enemies to chase you and play Yakety Sax while they do so.

I immediately got an image of a male PC running away from a crippled deathclaw while making 3 Stooges "Nyuk-Nyuk" sounds while throwing grenades over his shoulder.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: November 08, 2015, 04:18:01 pm »

From the streams I've been watching, CHA looks super-OP because those "chance of surrender" perks look more like "100% chance of surrender".

I dont get, why people dont like stories from skyrim or oblivion. Only problems with fallout 3 story for me were, that you can only go with brotherhood of steel.There is no stuff like taking part in enclave offensive on bos headquarters, enlisting in enclave and doing cleansings. No alternatives in main story line at all.
Oblivion: Apart from mangling the setting's lore, the plot itself was also about as cookie-cutter as you can get. The few interesting elements were the role of the player as a background actor rather than The Chosen One as is usual for Bethesda and the lore implications of Martin's sacrifice.

i was about to complain about the mention of setting lore mangling, but then i remembered that colovians and nibenese used to be different ethnicities and that the whole CHIM thing in relation to Cyrodiil was pretty much a plot hotfix by kirkbride
Yeah, like... that was about as blatant a "We have always been at war with Eastasia" sort of retcon that you're likely to see. Especially because the real reason was probably some mix of "but we don't want to have to make all that detail/but almost nobody will be able to render that detail/but nobody will like it because it's different".

It's to the point where I suspect that if they made TES VI: Black Marsh, they'd turn it into clear freshwater lakes and grassland, make the cities into the same old lumps of clean stone, and retcon out the Hist.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: November 08, 2015, 04:44:40 pm »

From the streams I've been watching, CHA looks super-OP because those "chance of surrender" perks look more like "100% chance of surrender".

The wasteland is your friend. ALL of it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: November 08, 2015, 04:47:06 pm »

We're still 11 pages to go. Don't think we'll reach the goal. Damn leaks.

The wasteland is your friend. ALL of it.

Do enemies finally surrender, like for real? I never understood why they can flee from combat and then attack you 5 seconds later in both TES and Fallout.
Would be cool if you could get to surrender and they really never mess with you again. But then the game would have to handle what to do with an unamed random npc that is hostile to every other faction (which should be in the budget, right?).
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 462